Jacob Carter/Carmen Argenziano Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wass
    One thing that really ticked me off was the fact that Sam’S brother Jacobs son (can’t remember his name) was not there when he died I mean the tok’ra managed to turn up to pay there respects and they did not even call his son.
    Threads
    Spoiler:
    I think Jacob was able to say his goodbye to his son. Because he had mentioned when they were in the mess hall that he was seeing him tomorrow. And it was several days after that that he died.

Gatebee

Comment

Maybe we can have Jacob appear in some AU next season. With Sci-fi/Stargate anything is possible.

Gatebee

Comment

It would have been extra special if he had ascended

Comment

Unfortunately Jacob Threads
          Spoiler:
          could not ascend because Oma was busy at that time with Anubis

Gatebee

Comment

(If you haven't seen "Threads")
            Spoiler:
            Oma's help is not needed to ascend. Ideally, a person is supposed to ascend on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alcatraz
              Spoiler:
              Oma's help is not needed to ascend. Ideally, a person is supposed to ascend on their own.
              But it's easier if there was help.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alcatraz
                Spoiler:
                Only if he/she has pure heart and no bad intentions.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                  Threads
                  Spoiler:
                  I think Jacob was able to say his goodbye to his son. Because he had mentioned when they were in the mess hall that he was seeing him tomorrow. And it was several days after that that he died.

Gatebee

Did he I didn't notice it just have to watch it again.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    But it's easier if there was help.
                    I agree and doubt it will happen, but I am just conceding the possibility.

Comment

The last three episodes of SG1 have truly been awesome. lets see if mobieous 1 and 2 can life up to the run up?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

SPOILERS in all of this.

Yeh, they really have restored my faith in SG-1.

I was kinda worried about season 9 the way 7 and 8 was going, but then Reckoning sort of filled me with hope, and my jaw literally dropped in Threads. Possibly the best episode, or tv for that matter, I have ever seen.

Anyway, on topic, I have always really loved jacob/selmaks character, flippin amazing. i always loved the tok'ra episodes whenever we saw him, one of my favourite characters of any series, film etc.

T'is a shame he was killed off so...abrubtly. I thought the idea of Selmak bein ill and then in a coma could have really gone somewhere. Otherwise, I thought he was really great in this episode.

''Selmak really likes him'' (paraphrasing) was really quite sweet for Sam and Pete, especially when we find out he's been in a coma.
                        ...he wasn't completely crazy anymore, just productively wierd

GAT4 - Gaters Against T4 + Vernon Kay

Thanks for the random Reputation Points, I didn't even realise I had any.

I despise anything Moebius, and anything Time Travel!

Comment

YAY!! I'm so glad this thread was made! Thank you Wass! I made this yesterday and wanted to use this as my sig, but its spoilery so I cant.. But since you have this thread (and a spoiler warning in the name of the thread) I will post it here...

I'm gonna miss Jacob! Wish they had kept him around! Love Carmen's chemistry with AT!! *SOBS* I will stay strong!
                          Last edited by Nikkirose; 11 February 2005, 11:19 AM.

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                          MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

So...with this story change, will there be another Tok'ra to serve SGC as he has done in the past?
                            -girlgater

Comment

I'm here to resurrect this great thread with a pic!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                              MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

I posted this on another thread, and someone suggested that I post it here, too. The latest Stargate Magazine came out and has a short interview with Amanda Tapping about how hard it was to film a scene in Threads. I'm not sure if it's ok to post excerpts from the interview , but I'll put it here for now, and if it isn't, could a mod please remove it?

Spoilers for Threads

Spoiler:

...Argenziano, who has been a key part of Stargate SG1 since his first appearance in season two episode Secrets, has long been a very close friend of the actress, who confessed that filming Carter's reaction to her dad's death was a particularly difficult task.

"What's so astounding to me is that we started to shoot it, I was up in the observation room and had to walk down [to the Gateroom]. And I lost it," recalls Tapping. "I wasn't even on camera. I went back up to the observation room and they said, 'Why are you crying?' and I said, 'They're killing off Carmen!' The enormity of it hit me right then, it hit me just like a brick to the head, and I couldn't stop crying."

Despite her distress at Jacob Carter's departure, the actress acknowledges that the episode provided an excellent conclusion to the character's arc.

"It worked out beautifully," she admits. .'They handled it really well. I don't think they had to kill him off, but I think it worked. It worked in with a couple of different story lines, so it was really kind of cool."

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X