This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

OHHH! I always wondered if those Companion books were worth getting! is there one for all 10 seasons and are there more fun little tidbits?!
    There are both nice and less nice Shippy remarks. But overall, they're good.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      ahhhhhh "fishing" I do like "fishing"
      I'd like to see them fishing a lot more . . . you know, on screen for the world to see!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        There are both nice and less nice Shippy remarks. But overall, they're good.
        And those were only the comments from 1-4, yes? So - are there any from 5-10?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          Welcome new S.H.I.P. members!!!

And OT for Jumble...

Spoiler:
          Glad to hear that w***** is getting what he/she deserves. People like that don't deserve to be let near a car. *hugs*
          ^^^ What she said On both counts

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
          Here are some tidbits I found quite interesting and funny from The Stargate SG-1 Illustrated Companion books Season 1 through 4, there's a cameo from Martin WooHood!:

Spoiler:
          There But For the Grace of God: On a more serious note, Amanda Tapping confides that the farewell scene between the alternative O'Neill and Carter was actually written as a kiss, but says, "Both of us looked at each other and said, 'Let's make it a hug,'" Working on the basis that 'less is more', Tapping suggests, "I actually think the hug was much better than a kiss - to me it conveyed a much deeper level of feeling." Of her co-star she says, "I am glad we were both on the same page with it. It's not that I didn't want to kiss Richard Dean Anderson - I did want to! Just don't tell anybody."

Point of View: "Point of view came about because we wanted the oppertunity for Carter and O'Neill to kiss and had to figure out a way to do it," admits Jonathan Glassner.

Divide and Conquer: 'Ironically, the hidden truths revealed about Carter and O'Neill could prove damaging to their careers and their friendship.' - "What was funny about Divide and Conquer," offers director Martin Wood, "was that whole Jack and Sam thing. It started in Solitudes, where they were cuddling up for warmth, and O'Neill had that famous line: 'It's my sidearm, I swear. No Giggling.'

That was the first show I did, and I loved the way they delivered that joke so much that I thought, 'We have to do this more often.' So, in Into the Fire, O'Neill goes and gets Carter, and she sits up and she's naked. When we were filming that, Rick turned to me and asked, 'Do you want this to be one of those times?' to which of course I said 'Yes!' Then in the hallway, when they have to hide and she's too close to him, it's like, 'Wow! I am not supposed to be feeling this.' There are a couple of really good Jack and Sam moments in other episodes."

"Rick and Amanda really loved playing that scene with the force field between them, because it's just not the sort of thing that happens on Earth. No human being, to my knowledge, has ever been forced to look at the person they love through a force field, knowing that one or both of them is facing imminent death. I just love the way they are nose to nose and can't touch each other. I saw it as almost a Midnight Express kind of thing, you know, where the young guy is one side of the prison window and his girlfriend is on the other."

Window of Opportunity: It's not clear whether taking Carter into his arms and swooping down for a full blown kiss was a long-cherished desire of Colonel O'Neill but Richard Dean Anderson grins, "I personally re-did that scene as many times as I could get away with." Ms Tapping was not available for comment.

As Teryl Rothery puts it. "A teeny example is when she tries to get Sam to take a break from finding a way to rescue Jack in A Hundred Days. Janet is well aware of the feelings Sam has for O'Neill, but wouldn't dream of discussing them unless Sam opened the conversation."

<snip>
          Nice tidbits, thanks for sharing And we always knew Martin was awesome

CONGRATS ON 28,000 BEV!!!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I'd like to see them fishing a lot more . . . you know, on screen for the world to see!
            Me too...the "fishing" I mean then...

Oh some guttery on screen S/J moments would be so good for my heart!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
              (((ShippyFam)))
              <snippety>

Here are some tidbits I found quite interesting and funny from The Stargate SG-1 Illustrated Companion books Season 1 through 4, there's a cameo from Martin WooHood!:

Spoiler:
              There But For the Grace of God: On a more serious note, Amanda Tapping confides that the farewell scene between the alternative O'Neill and Carter was actually written as a kiss, but says, "Both of us looked at each other and said, 'Let's make it a hug,'" Working on the basis that 'less is more', Tapping suggests, "I actually think the hug was much better than a kiss - to me it conveyed a much deeper level of feeling." Of her co-star she says, "I am glad we were both on the same page with it. It's not that I didn't want to kiss Richard Dean Anderson - I did want to! Just don't tell anybody."

Point of View: "Point of view came about because we wanted the oppertunity for Carter and O'Neill to kiss and had to figure out a way to do it," admits Jonathan Glassner.

Divide and Conquer: 'Ironically, the hidden truths revealed about Carter and O'Neill could prove damaging to their careers and their friendship.' - "What was funny about Divide and Conquer," offers director Martin Wood, "was that whole Jack and Sam thing. It started in Solitudes, where they were cuddling up for warmth, and O'Neill had that famous line: 'It's my sidearm, I swear. No Giggling.'

That was the first show I did, and I loved the way they delivered that joke so much that I thought, 'We have to do this more often.' So, in Into the Fire, O'Neill goes and gets Carter, and she sits up and she's naked. When we were filming that, Rick turned to me and asked, 'Do you want this to be one of those times?' to which of course I said 'Yes!' Then in the hallway, when they have to hide and she's too close to him, it's like, 'Wow! I am not supposed to be feeling this.' There are a couple of really good Jack and Sam moments in other episodes."

"Rick and Amanda really loved playing that scene with the force field between them, because it's just not the sort of thing that happens on Earth. No human being, to my knowledge, has ever been forced to look at the person they love through a force field, knowing that one or both of them is facing imminent death. I just love the way they are nose to nose and can't touch each other. I saw it as almost a Midnight Express kind of thing, you know, where the young guy is one side of the prison window and his girlfriend is on the other."

Window of Opportunity: It's not clear whether taking Carter into his arms and swooping down for a full blown kiss was a long-cherished desire of Colonel O'Neill but Richard Dean Anderson grins, "I personally re-did that scene as many times as I could get away with." Ms Tapping was not available for comment.

As Teryl Rothery puts it. "A teeny example is when she tries to get Sam to take a break from finding a way to rescue Jack in A Hundred Days. Janet is well aware of the feelings Sam has for O'Neill, but wouldn't dream of discussing them unless Sam opened the conversation."

Discuss!

<snippety>

Hugs
              Great post Lara!

Just had to re-quote the spoilered bit, in particular the bolded part. Martin Wood is obviously the shipper amongst TPTB (not to mention a devilishly handsome man ), but have any of the producers/writers/directors/execs EVER mention the words 'the person you love'. There's always been 'feelings' and 'somethings' but they've been careful never to use the word love, am I right here?

I know that what's posted isn't new news, I mean it's from an annual on S1-4, but still if this is the only example of TPTB talking about love, that's quite interesting no?

Am i rambling?

Yes.

/ramble

EDIT: CONGRATS ON A BIG HONKIN' 28,000 BEV! !!

Comment

And those were only the comments from 1-4, yes? So - are there any from 5-10?
                Yes.
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  Yes.
                  And someone will post them, yes?

*will offer to beg*

But its not pretty.
                  sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 28000 Bev!

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Woaw now...Martin has a whip? *tries very hard to resist the gutter*

Hmm...has anyone seen MaryJane around lately? I miss her
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      Me too...the "fishing" I mean then...

Oh some guttery on screen S/J moments would be so good for my heart!

Well, 'fishing' brings with it all KINDS of guttery connotations you know . . .
                      sigpic

Comment

Aye me too......I don't like Fishing but I could get used to fishing"

Ooh I've started watching SG-1 right from the start again There's not really any shippy moments as such but there is some scenes that could be interpreted as the start of things to come
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Ooh I've started watching SG-1 right from the start again There's not really any shippy moments as such but there is some scenes that could be interpreted as the start of things to come
                          I know! I'm watching it all from the beginning again with a friend and she's loving all the little shippy moments. We just started season 2.

Is there still someone here that hasn't gotten through all the seasons yet? Solo?
                          sigpic

Comment

I've been three the whole series twice so far I'm on my third now
                            Addicted!!!... me!!! don't be ridiculous
                            + = It's a simple mathematical fact
                            And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              Congrats on 28000 Bev!

Woaw now...Martin has a whip? *tries very hard to resist the gutter*

Hmm...has anyone seen MaryJane around lately? I miss her
                              He does indeed, he needs to keep all us WooHoos in line

No, I've not seen MJ for some time Hope she's ok.

Comment

I know! I'm watching it all from the beginning again with a friend and she's loving all the little shippy moments. We just started season 2.

Is there still someone here that hasn't gotten through all the seasons yet? Solo?
                                I'm just about to watch Hathor It's the little looks they give each other that get me every time

Dunno if anyone hasn't seen the whole series....I'm lucky, I watched it from the very first moment it was shown and never once missed an ep *iz proud of self*

Originally posted by atlantis sg1 View Post
                                I've been three the whole series twice so far I'm on my third now
                                Addicted!!!... me!!! don't be ridiculous
                                Addiction is a good thing Well in this case it is
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X