This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solo View Post
    So I watched A Matter of Time today for the first time, and continuing from Jolinar's analysis and subsequent attempted manipulations of O'Neill's feelings in ITLOD, I noticed another external reaction to the Sam/Jack dynamic - I may just be in total shipper mode, but when Cromwell remarks about Sam, "Man, she is.." and O'Neill breaks in with, "way smarter than we are - I know," Cromwell then turns to glance at Sam with a slightly raised eyebrow, then back at O'Neill, then just starts to grin, like, "Oh, I see..."

I feel validated - it's not just Teal'C who notices these things!
    Posted the same time as me so, possibly I'm double posting (unless someone sneaks one inbetween) but had to comment.

Yep, I watched that not so long ago with freshly shippy specs on and I see that too. And, of course that episode then gave rise to those two great books we were talkign about oh, about 10 pages ago.

And....great video (because I forgot to say and can't green you right now). I love the song too.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      How great to thunk the same man you mum does. Slightly strange but, hey, I bet the mum/daughter bond is all the better for it.
      Cags
      I had the same thought re: Jack having a type There's a scene where he's hugging Sarah in Cold Lazarus, and from the back she is IDENTICAL to Sam knocking on his door in Lost City - blue denim jacket, cropped blonde hair - I was confused when I saw a screenie of him hugging Sarah in that get up because I thought it was Sam and figured I'd missed a scene I should've been aware of

And my own Mum always had a bit of a thing for MacGyver when I was a kid - she still loves him now. "You can actually see him thinking!"

Comment

And my own Mum always had a bit of a thing for MacGyver when I was a kid - she still loves him now. "You can actually see him thinking!"
        Since it's sort of off topic...

Spoiler:
        Yeah, y'see, the thing is I always had a bit of a thing for Macgyver too so, uh, now I feel old. Or at least old enough to be your mum which, frankly, as lovely as I'm sure your mum is, doesn't make me feel any better any which way you cut it.

Nooo...still so young! Really I am, I am I am *stamps foot*

Ahem, sorry, I'm depressed at the reccent news that I'm soon to become a great-great auntie (I kid you not, and I'm still in my thirties... for a couple of years anyway).
        sigpic

Comment

*sigh* Another slow evening on the thread??

sigpic

Comment

I'm here!! *waves*
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Oh good! Luvnjack's not alone!
              Who knows what kind of trouble she'd get into otherwise!
              sigpic

Comment

trouble you can get in to Luvnjack?!?! With me here we can get into big trouble

EDIT: 4000 Posts whoooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                  Hmmmmm.....*ponders*

Which episode is this from?
                  sigpic

Comment

So I watched A Matter of Time today for the first time, and continuing from Jolinar's analysis and subsequent attempted manipulations of O'Neill's feelings in ITLOD, I noticed another external reaction to the Sam/Jack dynamic - I may just be in total shipper mode, but when Cromwell remarks about Sam, "Man, she is.." and O'Neill breaks in with, "way smarter than we are - I know," Cromwell then turns to glance at Sam with a slightly raised eyebrow, then back at O'Neill, then just starts to grin, like, "Oh, I see..."

I feel validated - it's not just Teal'C who notices these things!
                    Well, I'm the first to look at things thru shippy specs, but I really don't see anything in that glance that suggests Cromwell has any inkling, especially as really nothing has been happening in his presence to even remotely hint that there's anything there but just professional respect. Which is what Jack's comment is meant to convey, and how Cromwell takes it, imho. The grin is just a sort of after-reaction to Jack's comment and I just don't see it as having any connection to his perception of any UST between them.

At least, imho.

Relatedly, I know people have been keen on the "Matter of Honor/Cost of Honor" books that ties into this ep. Also related is "Do No Harm", which is the latest SG1 novel that's been published, and it gives the backstory of the Jack/Cromwell relationship as well as the fallout from that. Well worth reading.
                    sigpic

Comment

OK, seeing as how it's quiet here tonight, give you something to do, I'll own up to these:

Silliness: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4699221/1/Oiling_The_Snake

Post Lost City Angst: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4699235/1/Ice

Both actually written ages and ages ago. My SPG geekiness has increased exponentially since then. I won't give up the day job just yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        Hmmmmm.....*ponders*

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a.../3x21_0204.jpg
                        *raises hand*

Crystal Skull.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                          Hmmmmm.....*ponders*

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a.../3x21_0204.jpg
                          Oh i remember tha one!! that one was the trip to the doctors office i mean uhhhh Crystal Skull!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post

EDIT: 4000 Posts whoooooooooooooooooo!
                            Congratz.

I think this is the slowest its been since i've been on here.

Pro SGU
                            / . / . / . /Amelia

Comment

Well, it seems that fans are still talking about Brain Storm, the Atlantis episode that has become a lightning rod for debate. And no wonder. This is the episode in which Rodney finally gets the gal - and the gal, in this case, is none other than Jennifer Keller, herself the source of some fan contention since her introduction in late season three. Since fans are touching on the topics of relationships in Stargate, and McKay and Keller in particular, I thought I’d take the opportunity to weigh in with my thoughts on the subject as well.

First of all, the big question: Why ship anyone? Does the show necessarily have to involve any sort of relationship? My answer to that would be that while, yes, it is science fiction, the characters at the heart of these stories are real people, subject to the same hopes, disappointments, and desires as you or I. They’re not emotionless automatons but grounded individuals who succeed, fail, exult, fear, despair, lose their tempers, and, occasionally, fall in love. On the one hand, the series wasn’t a space opera in the sense that it explored the constantly shifting relationships between our main characters but, on the other hand, we did aim at creating a realistic world within our scifi framework. It thus stood to reason that, over time, this would be something that we would explore simply because, over time, this would be something that would naturally evolve amongst people working together in such a close-knit environment.

“But what about SG-1?” some of you will (and have) asked. Why didn’t you ever confirm the Sam/Jack relationship in SG-1 but found the need to confirm the McKay/Keller relationship in Atlantis? Well, two reasons. 1) The Sam/Jack relationship was fraught with complications given that he was her commanding officer. Pursuing any sort of relationship would have been inappropriate for both and would only have really been possible late in the series after Jack’s retirement. Which brings us to - 2) Jack and Sam could have gotten together after Jack’s retirement, but it was never made canon because, quite frankly, it wasn’t my call. Still, despite the lack of official confirmation, it was only natural that they should get together after the events of Threads and, in my mind, they have been together ever since. An attempt to suggest as much in season 4’s Trio unfortunately ended up on the cutting room floor when the episode ran long.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-and-what-ifs/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Hello shippers!!!!

Just logging on and checked JM's blog... his whole post is on Shipping and he touches on the S/J ship (not bad stuff!!!!) It's full of S5 Atlantis spoilers though so if you're avoiding those, don't check out the entry

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Squeeeeeeeeeee

*coughs* Sorry, had to get that out of my system...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X