This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    Finally! I can read all your spoilers for 'The Last Man'.

Spoiler:
    I grabbed for tissues couple of times, especially seeing Sam's death.
    She's my hero. Can't call it a fun ep. Very dramatic.
    Only time I giggled was when Woolsey stepped in wearing an uniform.

Cap:
    Spoiler:

Like a woman.
    Oh I just laughed so hard when I saw that!
    but I don't get Atlantis here, cos I'm at uni and only get like 6 channels so i have wait to see it if my folks taped it for me...
    sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      Finally! I can read all your spoilers for 'The Last Man'.

Spoiler:
      I grabbed for tissues couple of times, especially seeing Sam's death.
      She's my hero. Can't call it a fun ep. Very dramatic.
      Only time I giggled was when Woolsey stepped in wearing an uniform.

Cap:
      Spoiler:

Like a woman.
      Spoiler:
      It's not a fun ep. It's what if everything went down the drain ep.

That uniforme doesn't work for him like it did for Sam. Maybe he should stick to suits in S5.
      sigpic

Comment

Dropping by with some shameless self promotion (although I suppose really it's OT because it's gen/humour not a ship story )

Of Mud, Gloop and Slime

And a plea for help!!! The story is written in poem format, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to format it properly on ff.net. If anyone can help, I'll be very grateful! I've seen songfics and poems on the site, so I know it can be done. I just can't figure it out
        sigpic

Comment

I thought the SGA season finale
          Spoiler:
          was wonderful! Well done, strong plot line, creative endings for all of the main cast. And in that alternate timeline, given the way things had been going in the Pegasus galaxy, all of that could well happen. I think it had been nicely set up in the last two episodes.

Sam's death in particular, was orchestrated to be exceedingly heroic. Now, although I certainly don't want her character to die, I'm hoping in the real timeline we have an equally satisfying explanation for her leaving Atlantis. By that I mean a story line that does the dearly loved character justice.

All it was missing was a shot of Jack's reaction back on Earth. Now that would have been a huge shipper hint!

Comment

Hey ship family,

Originally posted by JMD View Post
            Did anyone watch SGA last week?

Of course you did, but did you see that final scene in "Kindred," part 2, where
            Spoiler:
            Beckett is getting settled into the hibernation/stasis chamber? As it starts to close around Beckett and seal him in, we are treated to a shot of Carter looking at the contraption.

My wife turned to me and said, "That look on her face says, 'I've been here before and seen this thing operate.'"

Which is also what I was thinking. Carter had seen the hibernation/stasis contraption work before on O'Neill (at the end of Season Seven).

AT's expression said it all. Sam was thinking of Beckett and Jack. Nice bit of acting, I'd say.
            Oh I just saw that ep last night....
            Spoiler:
            your so right, it was so subtle acting from Amanda but all the different emotions Sam was feeling rolled right across Amanda's body from head to toe. It was beautiful and heart-breaking to watch.

Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
            So... not about Atlantis after all... OT actually, but I could use some hugs.

Spoiler:
            I had one of those not so fun conversations at work--"Some of your coworkers don't think you're pulling your own weight..." It was a real shock because I've actually been better lately; more efficient, more conscientious... I can't figure out what they're upset about, but now I'm paranoid.
            (((CQ)))
            Originally posted by Bekki View Post
            OT
            Spoiler:
            Oh man, what a day! My grandparents' home (they live in a caravan) caught fire and burnt beyond repair! They are both alright, thank goodness. My grandmother's blind and not very physically capable, but somehow she ran out when she smelt it. (amazing thing, adrenaline!). If she had been lying down or asleep she almost certainly would have died. My grandpa tried to fight the fire and he got most of the flames out. The ambulance came and took them to hospital to check for smoke inhalation and that sort of thing. But once they were sure they were ok, they just discharged them. At 11pm!!! Their home pretty much burnt down so are homeless now. Thankfully, the people who own the caravan park set up one of the cabin/caravans for them to stay in for a little while. So we're trying to find them somewhere to live. They're not the richest of old folks so it might be a bit hard. But thank god they are ok!!! It's been a bit tense today, to say the least! But they are alright
            Oh no Bekki your poor grandparents, thank goodness their OK.
            (((Bekki)))
            (((Bekki's grandparents)))

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Morning (barely) shippers!
              I haven't watched my recordings of The Last Man so I thought I would just drop this off instead:

Discontinued

Contains vague spoilers for Continuum, but it's nothing most people don't already know. And no one dies! Yay!

This is only chapter one, but I was impatient and it's a long story. This first chapter is for all you Jack-lovers out there!

(((((Thanks to all you great shippers who read my stuff.)))))
              Please leave a review if you can!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                I haven't watched my recordings of The Last Man so I thought I would just drop this off instead:

Discontinued

Contains vague spoilers for Continuum, but it's nothing most people don't already know. And no one dies! Yay!

This is only chapter one, but I was impatient and it's a long story. This first chapter is for all you Jack-lovers out there!

Thanks for the heads up about your story. I can relate to the excitement of getting that first chapter up! Very interesting premise. Excited to see where you are going to take it.

Oh and thank you for the assurance no one dies!!!

(In my latest story, none of the main characters really die! But then, that's for another post.)

Comment

Last round for this story:

Shameless self-promotion time!

I've finally finished my post-Threads (and rather adult) story! Yippee! For those waiting for this to stop being a WIP, go HERE. For those of you who've been following along (bless you all for all the feedback and encouragement!), the epilogue is here.

Happy fic-ing!
                  Love and hot fudge,
                  Bren Ren
                  ~
                  My stories!
                  ~

sigpic

Comment

LOL, seems like we've all been busy today
                    sigpic

Comment

Discontinued

Thanks for the fanfic, VSS. I haven't read it yet as I'm still in the middle of reading a multi-part fanfic but I look forward to yours next.

Now on to something else: I was just watching the Season 2 episode In the Line of Duty and I was wondering about the moment in the cell when Sam appears to come free from the influence of Jolinar to beg Jack to help her. Could this might just have been Jolinar imitating Sam but enhancing her feelings for him to get him to stay or was it Sam herself?

Also I've been collecting the Stargate SG-1 DVD Collection mag and I'm sure that the writers of this publication are 'shippers. There have been mission reports written by Sam and Jack and some of them contain moments of what I consider 'ship. Take this mission report from Beneath the Surface written by Sam. This is the concluding part:
                      For me though, some truths must remain hidden. In one way, Jonah and Thera were truer to themselves than Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill can ever be. At least for now...
                      And the conclusion of this mission report written by alternate Sam from Moebius (Part 2):

They (Jaffa) were firing at us, the ship was about to explode and I - well, I kinda kissed him. And then he kissed me. And then...

Well let's just say the rebellion was a success, the Stargate is buried, and we're residents of ancient Giza. And guess what? I have a boyfriend!
                      But yeah. I'm certain the people behind this magazine are definitely 'shippers' based on these mission reports and others like it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Thanks for the fanfic, VSS. I haven't read it yet as I'm still in the middle of reading a multi-part fanfic but I look forward to yours next.

Now on to something else: I was just watching the Season 2 episode In the Line of Duty and I was wondering about the moment in the cell when Sam appears to come free from the influence of Jolinar to beg Jack to help her. Could this might just have been Jolinar imitating Sam but enhancing her feelings for him to get him to stay or was it Sam herself?
                        I think it was really Sam. When Jolinar saw that she couldn't convince Jack to let her go, she let Sam do it. Her hole posture changed while Sam was talking. And Jolinar's line at the end "What will it take" was refering to the fact that even though she let Sam have control, Jack still didn't trust her.

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Also I've been collecting the Stargate SG-1 DVD Collection mag and I'm sure that the writers of this publication are 'shippers. There have been mission reports written by Sam and Jack and some of them contain moments of what I consider 'ship. Take this mission report from Beneath the Surface written by Sam. This is the concluding part:

And the conclusion of this mission report written by alternate Sam from Moebius (Part 2):

But yeah. I'm certain the people behind this magazine are definitely 'shippers' based on these mission reports and others like it.
                        Can I get that magazine on-line?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                          I think it was really Sam. When Jolinar saw that she couldn't convince Jack to let her go, she let Sam do it. Her hole posture changed while Sam was talking. And Jolinar's line at the end "What will it take" was refering to the fact that even though she let Sam have control, Jack still didn't trust her.
                          I'm of the opinion that it was Sam asking for Jack's help too. As you quite rightly say, her posture changed completely which seemed to suggest that Jolinar did briefly let Sam go.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                          Can I get that magazine on-line?
                          Yes. You can subscribe to it here: http://www.stargatedvd.co.uk/ But if you want it from issue 1 then you'll need to go to back issues. It's £7.99 but Issue 1 was £2.99 I think.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                            *sob*

It's oaky
                            Spoiler:
                            it's all gonna be okay...we know they'll reset the timeline and she'll be fine and she'll go back to Jack post S4....so it's okay...*sniff*
                            Originally posted by dreamer one View Post
                            I thought the SGA season finale
                            Spoiler:
                            was wonderful! Well done, strong plot line, creative endings for all of the main cast. And in that alternate timeline, given the way things had been going in the Pegasus galaxy, all of that could well happen. I think it had been nicely set up in the last two episodes.

Sam's death in particular, was orchestrated to be exceedingly heroic. Now, although I certainly don't want her character to die, I'm hoping in the real timeline we have an equally satisfying explanation for her leaving Atlantis. By that I mean a story line that does the dearly loved character justice.

All it was missing was a shot of Jack's reaction back on Earth. Now that would have been a huge shipper hint!
                            I think we got our huge shipper hint:

Spoiler:
                            Here's Jack's reaction:
                            Wow, maybe I should have given her the resources she needed after all.

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest I didn't like this ep at all and it all comes down to one sentence that Rodney said:
                            Spoiler:
                            The military and the IOA wouldn't give Sam the resources to defend humans in another galaxy but she wouldn't give up and they finally gave her the Phoenix which wasn't even finished.

Well, we know who's in charge of Home World Security- or do we?

Spoiler:
                            Because if it's Jack, then he left her out there high and dry, didn't he? Unless someone higher up the food chain than he wouldn't authorize it.

Somebody tell me I'm reading more into that than what is there. Because I am thoroughly ticked off. But most likely, it didn't even cross TPTB collective minds how that would look if you think they have a relationship.

Comment

I think we got our huge shipper hint:

Spoiler:
                              Here's Jack's reaction:
                              Wow, maybe I should have given her the resources she needed after all.

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest I didn't like this ep at all and it all comes down to one sentence that Rodney said:
                              Spoiler:
                              The military and the IOA wouldn't give Sam the resources to defend humans in another galaxy but she wouldn't give up and they finally gave her the Phoenix which wasn't even finished.

Well, we know who's in charge of Home World Security- or do we?

Spoiler:
                              Because if it's Jack, then he left her out there high and dry, didn't he? Unless someone higher up the food chain than he wouldn't authorize it.

Somebody tell me I'm reading more into that than what is there. Because I am thoroughly ticked off.
                              Spoiler:
                              Unless Jack is about to retire as hinted in the deleted Trio scene and actually retired in this alternate timeline.

Comment

Hey guys! Just wanted to pop in with a fic rec. I've been cleaning out my 'Favourites' folder and stumbled across this beauty. Rated around PG-13, it's a squishy 29 chapter fic set at the time surrounding 'Beneath the Surface'. The writing is amazing, and while most of you have already read it, I'd suggest it again, I really love it and I'm not one who would normally sit down to read something that long that's only rated PG-13

Thyself, Unknown

Also wondering what's up with Heliopolis? Has it been down for long?
                                Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X