This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
    And Nikki - -thanks for the congrats! I didn't even realize I finally made 100 posts! I'm still such a primta.
    YAHOO 100!!!!!!

and may there be many more
    Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Have you ever seen those "Everything I Need to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten" posters? I whipped something up for Stargate SG-1. Inspired by a discussion with dipsofjazz and APA.

Spoiler:
    Everything I Need to Know,
    I Learned from Stargate SG-1

“There are demons at the gate! THAT ONE!”
    Never end a sentence with a preposition.
    Nintendos can pass through anything, no matter how dense.
    Never leave anyone behind.
    Cliches are so...cliche.
    Always be there for your friends.
    People with glowing eyes are not to be trusted.
    Unless they're named Jacob.
    Using one word to express yourself (such as D'oh or Indeed) is perfectly acceptable.
    Death is only the beginning of your journey.
    Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, that doesn't mean I can't handle everything a man can.
    Don't wait to tell people how you really feel.
    Negativity doesn't get you anywhere.
    You can't go slapping a US Air Force sticker on very advanced technology.
    Sometimes, the very young do not do as they are told.
    Life for the sake of life means nothing.
    Your father and the love of your life really can get along with each other.
    The whole freezing-to-death thing isn't as fun as it sounds.
    There is no giggling allowed on a glacier.
    Uma Thurman is a heavenly body.
    Frond=Head
    A raised eyebrow can speak volumes.
    Sometimes, two people are just meant to be together, no matter what universe they're in.
    Loving is worth the risk of loss.
    Rules are there for our own safety.
    Sometimes, you have to break them, anyway.
    The end does not justify the means.
    Matter can only travel one way through a wormhole.
    Help can come from the most unexpected places.
    Don't eat cake given to you by strange women!
    If an alien botches my cloning job, I have the right to be irked.
    Guinness can be a refreshing substitute for food.
    Anthropologists can't hold their liquor.
    “My depth is immaterial to the conversation.”
    Ask permission before beating the crap out of someone.
    If you know at once that the candle light is fire, the meal was cooked long ago.
    Mr. Burns is Goa'uld.
    Fishing is so right on so many levels.
    Sometimes, you just need to be held. That's okay.
    Good people can do bad things for good reasons.
    Bad people can do good things for bad reasons.
    Don't mess with time machines.
    Cloning—never a good idea.
    Falling footwear—never good.
    Mass suicide—never good.
    Being part of a team is always better than being alone.
    Words aren't always needed.
    Getting a dog requires much deliberation.
    Daydreaming can be a very good thing.
    If it's not your body, don't try to take it over!
    Birds of a feather flock together.
    Blue jell-o is what makes the world go 'round.
    Lemon chicken can be your friend.
    The deepest pain isn't physical.
    Don't use people for what you think you can get from them.
    True love transcends time and space.
    So does true friendship.

I'm sure y'all can think of a lot more! LOL! This is just the tip of the iceburg.
    OMG Love the list...very nice
    Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    And now I think I'm going to have to watch 2010 sometime today...if I can squeeze it in before tonight's fireworks...
    Ummm I thought tomorrow was the 4th...who is the wahoo that is showing the fireworks a night early hehe

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
    Okay. I apologise if someone has mentioned this before.

I received my copy of the latest Stargate novel 'ROSWELL'
    and boy howdie i'm only about 7 chapters is and squeeeeeee.....

Spoiler:
    It's set in season 10 and our Sam, Daniel, Teal'c & Cam have been sent back in time and into the mountain where the SGC now resides (it's before the SGC was built inside Cheyenne mountain) the wormhole 'kawoosh' created a cavern and has left them stranded and dying. (they were briefly in our time and then sent back in the exact same place but a different time)

So, Jack is at the SGC and all hell breaks loose because an ori beam comes through the gate and nearly destroys the base, Jack is injured and the ramp is demolished, the iris won't close properly and the gate is about to fall over. The worhole disengages and then another wormhole activates and as they are about to set off the self destruct a voice comes from the gate room saying

Turns out it's Sam from the future. She is a 3-star General and is retired.

Later in the scene she is talking to Jack and says (r.e. her retirement)

Througout the following chapters she continuously calls him Jack and by Chapter 6 it is implied that she and Jack are married and have a son!!!!!!!

Here are some key shippy quotes from the first part of the book...

(Herbert accompanied her on the trip, i'm still unsure of how he fits into things!)

So, that's all i got so far! Keep checking back and i'll update more once i've read on with the book, but now i gotta go cook dinner!!!
    You know that actually sounds really worth the purchase...hehe
    Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    I'll tell you when I go back and count all the 'Indeeds'.
    LMAO ... tell me what the number is on the indeeds I am curious hehe
    sigpic
    GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
      Ummm I thought tomorrow was the 4th...who is the wahoo that is showing the fireworks a night early hehe
      Oh, we're lucky this year that it's at least the night before the 4th...sometimes it's on the 2nd. I guess they figure a million people have something better to do tomorrow...but then, that's Ohio for you...

My viewing of 2010 might be verrrry late...*sigh*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
        And interestingly enough Jack was somewhat angry and not too sweet in season 8. Then in seasons 9 and 10 what little we saw of him was a happier guy. Wonder why???

Could it be??

Or

And definitely
        Hmm like the last two...

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
        And Nikki - -thanks for the congrats! I didn't even realize I finally made 100 posts! I'm still such a primta.

Congrats on 100 Posts

WTG...now on for the next 100

BTW...about the kids watching SG..(again) its good for them...better then some other stuff that is on tv now a days...but i have to say...that how further you go S9 and S10 as example are more fights and kills and that kind of things in it then the earlier seasons..IMHO. But still i grow up with it..and i turned out ok..except for the crazy, wacko, and nuts part
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, we're lucky this year that it's at least the night before the 4th...sometimes it's on the 2nd. I guess they figure a million people have something better to do tomorrow...but then, that's Ohio for you...

My viewing of 2010 might be verrrry late...*sigh*
          Here in Montana, they do the city fireworks on the 3rd so families can do their own fireworks at home on the 4th.
          sigpic

Comment

Here in Montana, they do the city fireworks on the 3rd so families can do their own fireworks at home on the 4th.
            Tomorrow night at Penn's Landing in Philly!!
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
              Tomorrow night at Penn's Landing in Philly!!
              Zilker Park in Austin.
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                Zilker Park in Austin.
                What?! No fire works in Z'ha'dum!
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Let's see, that would be ILLEGAL here...

and speaking of fireworks...

sigpic

Comment

Let's see, that would be ILLEGAL here...

and speaking of fireworks...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...rAspera/m7.jpg

Ah love that scene..its an AU i know..but still**drools** Lovely...and see how much they kiss ...soo cute, hot, neat, yay, yahoo,woohoo, squee(big one)...etc...

Love it Love that whole episode btw
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
                      THe more important question...How much does a ticket to the Wimbledon finals cost? (Men and Women)
                      I assume you meant for Centre Court. That would be £80 to £87 please. Although you can at least still get grounds tickets for under £10 if you want to soak up the atmosphere. There is, of course, a big honkin stadium blocking your view, but they've got giant screens

*sigh* I'm not much use for anything else am I?

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      Oh cool. Do we get a gold star if we're good?
                      Gold stars sounds like a plan.. except for you Bev, you can have a Noddy badge instead.

*runs away very quickly*

sigpic

Comment

That is a cool scene. It's been a while since I've been in a stargate shipper heaven, so I thought I'd join you all and come back to where I've missed.
                        sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
                        My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
                        http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
                        Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Welcome back, Lady eliza!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Luvnjack. I used to be a regular here but then RL stepped in.
                            sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
                            My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
                            http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
                            Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Know how that goes! Catch up on the last 10 or 12 pages if you get time. Lots of fun stuff the last few days. Had some polar bears stop in for a visit, even!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
                                Okay. I apologise if someone has mentioned this before.

I received my copy of the latest Stargate novel 'ROSWELL'
                                and boy howdie i'm only about 7 chapters is and squeeeeeee.....
                                Just remember, though, as caution: JM has stated they do not consider the fandomonium books to be canon.

I'm just sayin'. Still...

Comment

Working...
                                X