Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay so last night i lost my phone, broke up with my boyfriend and now i'm severely hungover and in some serious need of some Sam & Jack fic!

can anyone reccommend a good fic to me where Sam or Jack die (but there's a happy ending!). I'm in need of some good ol' death bed angst and preferable some smutty lovin' too somewhere in there!

I'll green those who reccommend fics!! he he! tempted??? hmmm!
    Awww! (((Sam_Carter))). I'm sorry but I can't really recommend any death fics. I only tend to read 'romance/humour' makes me feel better. If you need any recommendations for those I have a few.

Dear PTB,

We've been shouting for you to hear,
    sending you letters, year after year.
    We've been polite, and not that mean.
    A dangerous shipper? It's a sight unseen.

We know you can't see us, but hear us you can.
    Still you ignore us, being... not so nice men.
    So therefore I post this here on the thread.
    'Cause shippers respond to things being said.

I will not even ask you to let The Ship sail,
    'Cause I know that communucation with you guys will certainly fail.
    So basically I'm rhyming, making a show,
    knowing that the adressed will never know...

In case you are lurking (just to have a good time)
    At least I hope you've enjoyed this rhyme.
    DutchIndeed That was a great little poem for TPTB. I loved it!

On another AT note, was reading last night that Ben Browder supposedly said at a con that Cam was originally scripted to call both Sam and Daniel by their first names, but he and Shanks adlibed 'Jackson'. He wanted to do the same with Amanda, but she refused, insisting on 'Sam' as scripted.

Can you imagine the outcry if Cam had called her 'Carter'.... Not only the fact that now, really, onlyl one person calls her that , but superior officers are more likely to call a subordinate by their last name, you rarely see it among officers of the same rank who work together, it's almost always first name. *shudders* Thank you AT!!
    Thanks for that info JenniferJF, I didn't know that. I think AT has a subconscious shipper inside.

On another AT note, here's a link to a 'postcard' from her from the arctic on how things are going.
    http://www.sublant.navy.mil/html/27%...20Postcard.htm

Now this might just be the optimistic shipper in me, but after AT's recent interview and the fact that she didn't mention any of her scenes with RDA in this postcard...could there be something shippy in the movie but they're trying to throw us off? I don't know but I hope so. What do you lot think?
    Last edited by Nikki; 13 April 2007, 05:31 AM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Continuum:
      Spoiler:
      Originally posted by Nikki View Post
      Now this might just be the optimistic shipper in me, but after AT's recent interview and the fact that she didn't mention any of her scenes with RDA in this postcard...could there be something shippy in the movie but they're trying to throw us off? I don't know but I hope so. What do you lot think?
      I think the stuff was written before RDA showed up. He came up later, and I get the impression Jack finds Cam and Sam in the Arctic and rescues them. So the vast majority of 'walking-over-the-ice' scenes would be between Sam and cam.

Any Sam and Jack scenes are more likely to take place on the ship. After he rescues them. And of course she's not going to give anything away about 'the ship'.

I still think we'll have to wait for the movie to see if there's any ship in it. BUT... since I really don't believe the ship is all in our collective heads, and it must have come from SOMEWHERE, I maintain my right to remain cautiously optimistic and believe positive resolution is at least possible. Which is - honestly - the first time that has been true for me and a TV ship in over a decade.

Comment

JenniferJF

I still think we'll have to wait for the movie to see if there's any ship in it. BUT... since I really don't believe the ship is all in our collective heads, and it must have come from SOMEWHERE, I maintain my right to remain cautiously optimistic and believe positive resolution is at least possible. Which is - honestly - the first time that has been true for me and a TV ship in over a decade.
        I know, it has to have come from somewhere. Even the anti-shippers are saying 'it exists but we don't like it'. Seeing as TPTB started it, they have to give it some resolution and after everything in seasons 1-8 and all the hints in 9 and 10 especially, it would only make sense for it to be positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          JenniferJF

I know, it has to have come from somewhere. Even the anti-shippers are saying 'it exists but we don't like it'. Seeing as TPTB started it, they have to give it some resolution and after everything in seasons 1-8 and all the hints in 9 and 10 especially, it would only make sense for it to be positive.
          lol. I found it amusing an anti argument against ship resolution in the movies was that we'd already gotten our positive resolution in Threads

Hey, he said it...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
            Okay so last night i lost my phone, broke up with my boyfriend and now i'm severely hungover and in some serious need of some Sam & Jack fic!

can anyone reccommend a good fic to me where Sam or Jack die (but there's a happy ending!). I'm in need of some good ol' death bed angst and preferable some smutty lovin' too somewhere in there!

hmmm good fics...and it isn't for the green

You can look at Fanfic.net *i am starting now*

You have the GW ship C2...the link is in JenniferJF's signature.

Then other good fic:

I name authors coz i mainly read stuff off authors and like all their fics

My absolute favorites are(of the non GW ship C2 )

Jannisima:

Jannisima

All her fics are great but i absolutely adore the A mothers love serie...

Then my other fav author is:

Jencamp

Also good writer.

Then the rest of my fav fics and such are in the C2, my favorites of those are JenniferJF, HDorothy, and DreamerOnes series(and other fics).
            Also of the fic Paralel Lives(sp??) is very good....and that's it
            **sees she spends much time on FF.net**

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Dear PTB,

We've been shouting for you to hear,
            sending you letters, year after year.
            We've been polite, and not that mean.
            A dangerous shipper? It's a sight unseen.

We know you can't see us, but hear us you can.
            Still you ignore us, being... not so nice men.
            So therefore I post this here on the thread.
            'Cause shippers respond to things being said.

I will not even ask you to let The Ship sail,
            'Cause I know that communucation with you guys will certainly fail.
            So basically I'm rhyming, making a show,
            knowing that the adressed will never know...

In case you are lurking (just to have a good time)
            At least I hope you've enjoyed this rhyme.

*Giggles* O.K, shuttin' up now, I suck!
            I love your thing it is good

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post

Spoiler:
            not to dampen your love for this episode but to be honest i found it rather pointless and a weak 200th episode. not to mention no shippy love. i did find it rather funny and amusing but overall, thats just my opinion
            hmm
            Spoiler:
            I don't think my opinion will change, but i expected 'fake' ship so i took it like that and i enjoyed it

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
            Ok not going to catch up on the stars today from last night...there is just to much crazyness going on...and I could have done it last night but I wasn't multitasking to well...packing and YIM don't go well together either but I am at least halfway packed...in other words my clothes are packed but non of my bordom stuff...think I only have room to pack 5 Stargate DVDs...Any suggestions? And I will write FF while I am gone! I will I will...yeah trusty old notebook is making an appearance to write where the computer can't go
            Ofcourse Disk 1&2 of S4 and last 2 disks of S8...for the rest maybe the start of SG1...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
              snipped

This is something that I've never "gotten" in fanfic. So much of it goes on and on about how Daniel is a trouble magnet and spends so much time in the infirmary, and yet Jack (and even Sam) spent wayyyyy more time being hurt than he did. So why isn't there more good Jack h/c? I love this genre, and no, not because I'm a sadist. When Jack is hurt, it's the only time he lets his guard down and we see the man inside, his fears, his emotions, that kind fo thing. Plus, it's the only time he'll let Sam take care of him. <g>

This is a new smilie from Mala. It's a H/C but from Death Knell, Jack let's the guard down a little here too.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                This is something that I've never "gotten" in fanfic. So much of it goes on and on about how Daniel is a trouble magnet and spends so much time in the infirmary, and yet Jack (and even Sam) spent wayyyyy more time being hurt than he did. So why isn't there more good Jack h/c? I love this genre, and no, not because I'm a sadist. When Jack is hurt, it's the only time he lets his guard down and we see the man inside, his fears, his emotions, that kind fo thing. Plus, it's the only time he'll let Sam take care of him. <g>
                When I was writing my ficathon story I realized the same thing. There seems to be much less Jack h/c, both in fic and on the shwo, which makes it an excellent opportunity if you're writing pre S-8 fanfiction. Cause Jack hovering over an injured Sam or Daniel is a fairly common image, but not so much the otherway around. Which is odd, since in other circumstances he's generally less demonstrative than they are.

Comment

JenniferJF

lol. I found it amusing an anti argument against ship resolution in the movies was that we'd already gotten our positive resolution in Threads

Hey, he said it...
                  I was just in the anti-thread to see what they were talking about and saw that they were having an interesting debate on who likes who more. When I first read it I was like 'I thought this was the anti thread?'. Anyway, I posted because it was weird to see such a gender bias on the topic. Personally I think they both are in love with each other, but when looking at the episodes I see it more from Jack's side, however after everything in 1-8, esp 'Grace', I know Sam feels the same. But you can go and read my post for the rest if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by NINAMARIE363 View Post
                    in avenger when they are listening to felger and the device goes off and sam kinda jumps towards jack..

Just watched that the other day so right now it's my favorite but that could change tomorrow.
                    Welcome to the shipper family.

I love that moment too, when she grabs Jack...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      Continuum:
                      Spoiler:
                      I think the stuff was written before RDA showed up. He came up later, and I get the impression Jack finds Cam and Sam in the Arctic and rescues them. So the vast majority of 'walking-over-the-ice' scenes would be between Sam and cam.

Any Sam and Jack scenes are more likely to take place on the ship. After he rescues them. And of course she's not going to give anything away about 'the ship'.

It is interesting about ships (subs and puddle jumpers et al) and ship!!
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Does anyone think that JM might be replying
                        Spoiler:
                        in a joking or even snarky manner, because JM knows that TPTB have already received mucho correspondence on the ship subject through the past few years. Even though JM has shown indications of being a shipper, he does like to make those jokes in his replies.
                        Hate to think that's how he meant it, but I wouldn't be surprised, even though I will send off yet ANOTHER polite postcard, or two, or.......

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                          Does anyone think that JM might be replying
                          Spoiler:
                          in a joking or even snarky manner, because JM knows that TPTB have already received mucho correspondence on the ship subject through the past few years. Even though JM has shown indications of being a shipper, he does like to make those jokes in his replies.
                          Hate to think that's how he meant it, but I wouldn't be surprised, even though I will send off yet ANOTHER polite postcard, or two, or.......
                          Considering it was JM, and he really has NO say in the movies at all, which have almost certainly already been written, I pretty much assumed it was snark.

Yeah.

EDIT: And I rewatched Lost City this am, and it's - I believe - RCC who jokingly suggests after AT asks if Sam and Jack will go fishing in S8 that maybe it should be Pete and Jack, which is when AT laughs and says then he [Jack] would kill him... (the whole bit being meant jokingly and ending when RCC sighs and comments that now he's going to receive bags of mail....)
                          Last edited by JenniferJF; 13 April 2007, 07:39 AM.

Comment

About CA's feelings about ship and whether they're the same as Jacob's, I believe Carmen, either at a con or in an interview, said Daniel would be better for Sam than Jack. Maybe somebody remembers that too. Not important, really, but...

Speaking of interviews, that "Closing the Gate" interview not only had quotes from AT (the one we were all commenting about the other day) but RDA and others, they said. So where are all these interviews? RDA said on his site he was interviewed recently for Sci-fi mag (I think), but that wouldn't be out yet, if it was very recent.

Comment

Hi

Just dropping in to say I've updated Aftershocks...

Kel chak mor

It follows after One False Step.

Oh, and congrats to everyone who has made a milestone recently and to the newbies!
                              Last edited by Rachel500; 13 April 2007, 08:21 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post

Well, I hate to shamelessly self promote ( )...

I've written a couple of character-death with happy endings... One in which Jack dies is: Lost Boys and Golden Girls Hope you enjoy!

For a smutty character death story (that really sounds wrong somehow...)--with yet another happy ending, try Their Souls Remption, rated a strong Adults Only. Sam haunts Jack in an unusual fashion.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled shipping...

Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X