Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having rewatched Broca Divide again, I caught a bit of dialogue I'd forgotten which does confirm the beginning of ship during the shower scene (paraphrased):

I want you.

Why?

Which speaks to his lack of self-worth and his never seeming to get what she might see in him or that her attraction to him might not be such a bad thing for her. Until Kerry confirms that Sam would not be throwing herself away

A Bit later:

Don't you want me?

Well, no. No. Well, not like this....

You said it, big boy...

Seriously, though, this episode leaves me with the vague impression that they were going for the Jack & Janet ship initially but the chemistry turned out to be better between Jack & Sam. The scene in which virus-Jack attacks Daniel makes me wonder if they weren't considering Daniel & Sam as a ship as well, since Daniel wasn't effected and virus-Jack sensed something... So, given the comments above showing Jack *had* been physically attracted to Sam already at this point, I wonder if maybe they were floating ships in the water and seeing which one floated But that would mean TPTB didn't have a clear direction from the beginning and were making stuff up as they went along... Nyah....

Just MHO, of course.

Comment

OMG. I'm reading a great fic.

O, the angst. And it's long, and eeeehhh different. And it has The Broca Divide in it (a little) so how appropriate is that O, and it has Janet & Daniel besides Sam & Jack.

Falling Through Grace

I've only read a small part so far, but it is great.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        <snip for space>

Seriously, though, this episode leaves me with the vague impression that they were going for the Jack & Janet ship initially but the chemistry turned out to be better between Jack & Sam. The scene in which virus-Jack attacks Daniel makes me wonder if they weren't considering Daniel & Sam as a ship as well, since Daniel wasn't effected and virus-Jack sensed something... So, given the comments above showing Jack *had* been physically attracted to Sam already at this point, I wonder if maybe they were floating ships in the water and seeing which one floated But that would mean TPTB didn't have a clear direction from the beginning and were making stuff up as they went along... Nyah....

Just MHO, of course.
        I liked the not like this (see my "what I liked list"), but I think it's mostly physical at this point.

I've got that Jack & Janet vibe aswell, but choose to ignore it

And for the Daniel & Sam ship, I think Daniel was pretty clear in stating (something like) "I care about her, because she's my friend". I think TPTB had the Sam & Jack ship in mind from day 1.
        sigpic

Comment

im gonna add my two cents on broca divide.... i actually quite enjoyed it... although not really the locker room scene *ducks the tomatoes* mainly cos i felt a bit uncomfortable.... im just too innocent . but seriously, i felt uncomfortable for jack cos he was uncomfortable if that even made sense.

i really like the tank top scene... "...otherwise you'll never wear that cute little tank top again" and sam just stopped in her tracks. heh. heh. anyhoo... yeah thats all the productive stuff i have on broca divide...

xxx
          THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            I liked the not like this (see my "what I liked list"), but I think it's mostly physical at this point.
            Absolutely. Which brings us back to my other point about being glad they mostly ignored this ep because it would have made the relationship to clichely physical and alpha-male leader piney (that sounds funny, but you know what I mean )

And for the Daniel & Sam ship, I think Daniel was pretty clear in stating (something like) "I care about her, because she's my friend". I think TPTB had the Sam & Jack ship in mind from day 1.
            Your right, I'd forgotten that. But I stand by my Jack & Janet comments, their relationship here actually makes me a tad uncomfortable it's so different, and think TPTB were testing the ship waters.

Comment

arrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... im having problems with movie maker again.... man its soooooooooo annoying. everytime i try and play the whole vid (if you remember my earlier problem.... it kept saying i had too much... then when i took some off... much too little... and so on) anyhoo... everytime i try and play the whole vid it freezes! in a different place each time so i know its not just one clip. arrrrgh. does anyone have a fix? *smiles sweetly*

x x x
              THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
              Spoiler:

Comment

I agree.I always felt Sam and Daniel were best Friends or Brother and Sister.I could have seen Jack and Janet but I also think it was Sam/Jack from Day 1.

Comment

Made some icons today:

Spoiler:

Comment

ok firts of all...I started a new poll to see what ep we are going to discuss next week...you can find it here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36596 So everyone go on and vote for your favourite episode

I will come with my point of views on Broca divide tonight...Cause well now I don't have the time for that...I even don't have the time to read everything...be back in a few hours...but I do come with something...I made a broca divide WP:

click to enlarge

Comment

Well, the next, short, chapter of my Bridge, 'Goodbye', has been proofread (thanks again, ljevans!) and is up at fanfiction.net.

It's not happy . But now on to more fun

Comment

O, the angst. And it's long, and eeeehhh different. And it has The Broca Divide in it (a little) so how appropriate is that O, and it has Janet & Daniel besides Sam & Jack.

Falling Through Grace

This is probably one of the first long fics I read. I love it completely! Unfortunately I end up teary eyed every time I read it. Fantastically written though. Definately one of my favorites.

Comment

Broca Divide - great ep.:
                          1. Locker room scene
                          2. Jealous Jack
                          3. He calls her Samantha

Emancipation
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam: "Daniel, find me an anthropologist that dresses like this and I will eat this head dress." Daniel just stands there with his mouth hanging open. Sam has on a blue and white dress, with a beaded headdress on, and a white, silk face mask hanging to the side. Jack also just stands their, his mouth open, but in a smile. Come to look hard enough, Teal'cs mouth is also hanging open!

Abu: "You are...the most beautiful women I have ever seen." Sam doesn't seem to know what to say. Abu turns around and walks out.

Sam: "Uh, I guess the kid doesn't get out much. Look uh, I will not wear this thing over my face." She picks up the silk face cover. "I don't care how much embroidery it has on it. And this dress, or whatever it's called, I mean I can't move, I can't walk." Jack still has that smile on his face.

Jack: "I don't know, It...it kind of works for me."

Danny: "It's, it's you, it's..."

Jack: "It's you."

Danny: "Defiantly you." Sam looks like she wants to kick them both. Jack looks at Danny and waves his finger. "Uh, uh the good news is, uh you were right. One of Abu's plants seems to work as an anesthetic. Were taking some home to get it, uh, a-analyzed."

Jack: "All things considered, Samantha, if we have to come back here, it might be a better idea to bring an all male team. No offence."

Broca Divide
                          Spoiler:

O'Neill: Why?

Daniel: What do you mean, 'why?' Because I care about her.

He starts to go, but O'Neill grabs him by the collar of his jacket.

O'Neill: You care about her? What's that mean?

Daniel: It means I care about her, she's my friend. Now let (tries to pull away) - go!

O'Neill: She's not yours to care about.

Daniel: What the hell are you talking about?

O'Neill: I'm talking about Samantha. You just stay away from her, okay?

Daniel: Okay. Okay, Jack. I think you should come with me to the infirmary, okay? Just let go of me and - let go of my--

It seems to me that he stopped calling her Samantha after this episode!
                          A coincidence? Nope I don't think so...

Comment

Jennifer, check your e-mail. I fixed my mistake (I think) and your next story should be ready to post.

Ours is the only reality of consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                              Broca Divide - great ep.:
                              1. Locker room scene
                              2. Jealous Jack
                              3. He calls her Samantha

Emancipation
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam: "Daniel, find me an anthropologist that dresses like this and I will eat this head dress." Daniel just stands there with his mouth hanging open. Sam has on a blue and white dress, with a beaded headdress on, and a white, silk face mask hanging to the side. Jack also just stands their, his mouth open, but in a smile. Come to look hard enough, Teal'cs mouth is also hanging open!

Abu: "You are...the most beautiful women I have ever seen." Sam doesn't seem to know what to say. Abu turns around and walks out.

Sam: "Uh, I guess the kid doesn't get out much. Look uh, I will not wear this thing over my face." She picks up the silk face cover. "I don't care how much embroidery it has on it. And this dress, or whatever it's called, I mean I can't move, I can't walk." Jack still has that smile on his face.

Jack: "I don't know, It...it kind of works for me."

Danny: "It's, it's you, it's..."

Jack: "It's you."

Danny: "Defiantly you." Sam looks like she wants to kick them both. Jack looks at Danny and waves his finger. "Uh, uh the good news is, uh you were right. One of Abu's plants seems to work as an anesthetic. Were taking some home to get it, uh, a-analyzed."

Jack: "All things considered, Samantha, if we have to come back here, it might be a better idea to bring an all male team. No offence."

Broca Divide
                              Spoiler:

O'Neill: Why?

Daniel: What do you mean, 'why?' Because I care about her.

He starts to go, but O'Neill grabs him by the collar of his jacket.

O'Neill: You care about her? What's that mean?

Daniel: It means I care about her, she's my friend. Now let (tries to pull away) - go!

O'Neill: She's not yours to care about.

Daniel: What the hell are you talking about?

O'Neill: I'm talking about Samantha. You just stay away from her, okay?

Daniel: Okay. Okay, Jack. I think you should come with me to the infirmary, okay? Just let go of me and - let go of my--

It seems to me that he stopped calling her Samantha after this episode!
                              A coincidence? Nope I don't think so...
                              I was just coming on to mention that he calls her Samantha in Broca Divide. Weird . I don't think it's a coincidence, and it supports the theory that when they're a couple he calls her Samantha in intimate settings, because that seems to be the name he "thinks" for her when he's not editing himself at all. It also seems to be the name she fantasizes him calling her, as in Grace.

In other words, I think it would have special significance to them as it would signify his ability and right to call her Samantha. Just my HMO, of course.

Speaking of which, I just uploaded a Tag, Awakening, to fanfiction.net. It has minor spoilers for Season 10, but not enough to ruin any episode. This is what happens when I'm stuck with keeping my broken foot elevated...

EDIT: LOL, yes, that would be story...

EDIT2: Oops! Just realized this story opens similarly to Rachel's. Total coincidence, I swear. Mine was in proofing before hers was posted. I swear! Mine was inspired by my foot, actually
                              Last edited by JenniferJF; 14 October 2006, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Falling Through Grace

Thank you for the story!!! You got GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X