This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kids!

Good to see this thread is still going strong! I haven't been here in almost a year apparently and i'm sure i've missed HEAPS.

Thought I would come back on for a look, I love the little smilies, too cool for school.

Not much I can contribute ship wise, I have a lot of catching up to do!

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
    -Stargate Theme

Comment

Welcome back Elkeli!
      sigpic

Comment

Another
        Spoiler:
        waste of time.What was RDA in the episode for 10 seconds? No Sam and Jack? Where was SG-1? Why do TPTB bother having RDA on the Show when they do not use him?

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          I'm so mad
          Spoiler:
          Since when is Jack a jerk? He knows how bad the replicators are and he would just stand their on the word of the Ancients and go da-da-da-da-da-come on guys! Talk about destroying a character and RDA! This is bullsh--!He would put up a fight!
          Spoiler:
          Jack wasn't a jerk...I'm not sure what you mean. I mean, they couldn't have a say in what the Ancients did concerning the Asurans(since Atlantis WAS their city), and Woolsey needed back-up. So he went to Atlantis to help out. And Jack won't go down without a fight! We'll have to wait till March, but it's alright! Nothing is destroyed, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Spoiler:
            Jack wasn't a jerk...I'm not sure what you mean. I mean, they couldn't have a say in what the Ancients did concerning the Asurans(since Atlantis WAS their city), and Woolsey needed back-up. So he went to Atlantis to help out. And Jack won't go down without a fight! We'll have to wait till March, but it's alright! Nothing is destroyed, IMO.
            Tell me what he did to make him the character we knew?
            sigpic

Comment

Tell me what he did to make him the character we knew?
              Spoiler:
              I didn't think he was OOC. Maybe I have to watch it over again, but I'm not sure what upset you. I'm going to watch it again.

Comment

I could be way off but it seemed to me
                Spoiler:
                RDA was uncomfortable being on Atlantis.I cannot blame him.RDA like most of us though he was going to be on SG-1 most of the time.The way TPTB are handling things I'm not sure it matters if RDA was on just SG-1.I hope RDA was not turned off from appearing in more SG-1 episodes or future SG-1 Movies.I'm not sure I trust the current TPTB to do the Jack character justice.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  I could be way off but it seemed to me
                  Spoiler:
                  RDA was uncomfortable being on Atlantis.I cannot blame him.RDA like most of us though he was going to be on SG-1 most of the time.The way TPTB are handling things I'm not sure it matters if RDA was on just SG-1.I hope RDA was not turned off from appearing in more SG-1 episodes or future SG-1 Movies.I'm not sure I trust the current TPTB to do the Jack character justice.
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm not blaming RDA but TPTB for this crap! I don't think he had a choice about the script or which show he would appear.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I'm not blaming RDA but TPTB for this crap! I don't think he had a choice about the script or which show he would appear.
                    Spoiler:
                    Are you talking about when they were watching the ship approach? And they were just watching and not fighting back before they got there? Well, they didn't have a reason to fight back, and even if Jack wanted to, it wasn't our city anymore. We didn't have a say. I admit they shouldn't have been so sure they were in the clear(even though these were Ancients, and even we thought Atlantis would be safe)-things go wrong all the time. If you have to, just say Jack was under orders-I wouldn't say it butchered Jack's character. But that's JMHO.

Jack and Sam forever, no matter what TPTB do.

Comment

No fault at all with
                      Spoiler:
                      RDA.It's all TPTB.I cannot believe TPTB could not have Sam be at the SGC when Jack sent the last message.TPTB are giving Shippers very little reason to come back in March.To me both episodes were a major letdown for the 1st half finale.You need to go all out and show something to make sure the Fans will want to return in March.SG-1 has turned into nothing but a talk show.

Comment

Okay, tonight's poster:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          Spoiler:
                          Are you talking about when they were watching the ship approach? And they were just watching and not fighting back before they got there? Well, they didn't have a reason to fight back, and even if Jack wanted to, it wasn't our city anymore. We didn't have a say. I admit they shouldn't have been so sure they were in the clear(even though these were Ancients, and even we thought Atlantis would be safe)-things go wrong all the time. If you have to, just say Jack was under orders-I wouldn't say it butchered Jack's character. But that's JMHO.

Jack and Sam forever, no matter what TPTB do.
                          I have been watching Stargate for 10 years faithfully. I love Jack and Sam and pretty much know the characters. Jack's character tonight
                          Spoiler:
                          was so out there it wasn't funny. Don't think I'm attacking the character or the actors because this is not their fault but TPTB should have their Ba'als removed for how they are writing the characters. I'm very upset for what they are doing to Jack's and Sam's character, their life essence is being sucked out of existence.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I understand why
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam couldn't be on Earth to respond to Jack's call, what with the Quest going on and all
                            but a girl can still sigh over might have beens...
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree ses, I hate the way they use Jack, they play him like they do Landry. Now I am all for RDA, he is my favorite character and I could look at him all day; but I want the character of Jack O'Neill to be just that the character of Jack O'Neill and all that that entails. I can't stand in the beginning when I see the word "appearance", it makes my skin crawl. Now for all of you that loved the show don't continue reading
                              Spoiler:
                              For a mid-season cliffhanger I thought it sucked! Even accepting SG-1 as a new show the stories are so lame, I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat with anticipation. Once again I agree with you ses I don't think that TPTB realized how important RDA was or the ship. The way they are using RDA now is such a disservice to both him and us the viewing audience. I'm scared but I am really starting to doubt we will get any positive resolution to the ship at this rate. I honestly hope TPTB get their act together for the second half. Once again I'm feeling like a sucker for even believing AT when she said in the promo about her not being in Jacks chain of command any longer so now maybe they can have some fun. Fun? Fun? Honestly they only use the "bait" of ship when they want to get us to watch and then we walk away with nothing, as usual!

Comment

Originally posted by 0xNatashax0
                                Can someone recomend some well written S/J fic? T or M (I've read all of Karibou's work but not much else)
                                Here are a few of my favorite S/J authors, including names of my favorite stories from them:

Anunnaki: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/779316/
                                mei mei: http://www.shiawmeimei.com/
                                Everything they’ve written is fabulous, but most are mature, so be warned.

Jo R.: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/259836/ (Especially the trilogy of Loose Ends, Knots and All Tied Up)
                                KissHerJack (Gail R. Delaney): http://www.fanfiction.net/u/257743/ (Especially Twilight). This is one of the best S/J stories I've ever read!
                                And like most people here, I've written a little fanfic too:
                                sg-1fanintn: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/895176/

Comment

Working...
                                X