This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopalong
    You could always send it to me, I'll post it on my site.

tell me how, then post away.....

oh, and thanks
    Sig. made by RepliCarterje just for me
    Get RDA on Canada's Walk of Fame: Click this link to find out how
    Love dogs? Have it in your heart for a big barrel of love? Go to malamuterescue.com

Comment

If people are looking for fic, I'd say check out the 2006 Stargate Fan Awards. Lots of great stuff there! Some is linked to FF.net, but there are a fair number that are on their own websites. They have the fics well marked if they have mature content.

Check out the site, sign up, read lots (I've been reading like a fiend!) and vote.

http://www.stargatefanawards.com/

P.S. There's even a story on their by our very own LesleyP and several others that loiter in these parts.
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
        If people are looking for fic, I'd say check out the 2006 Stargate Fan Awards. Lots of great stuff there! Some is linked to FF.net, but there are a fair number that are on their own websites. They have the fics well marked if they have mature content.

Check out the site, sign up, read lots (I've been reading like a fiend!) and vote.

http://www.stargatefanawards.com/

P.S. There's even a story on their by our very own LesleyP and several others that loiter in these parts.

Actually two however, only the first chapter of both, and they were both series...so not to hopeful here. But it was sweet someone actually nominated them. Thanks to whoever did.
        Love dogs? Have it in your heart for a big barrel of love? Go to malamuterescue.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lesleyp
          Actually two however, only the first chapter of both, and they were both series...so not to hopeful here. But it was sweet someone actually nominated them. Thanks to whoever did.
          Two? Nice! I'm going through the list methodically, so I must not have hit the second one yet.
          sigpic
          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
            Two? Nice! I'm going through the list methodically, so I must not have hit the second one yet.
            Reality Bites-letting go (only chapter 1 of a 4 parter)

And Jack's Origin- again, only the first chapter.

They're both posted on GW (whole series) for anyone whose interested and hasn't read already.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandmonkey
              Jack and Sam are so meant for eachother.They should just tell eachother how they feel.If two people love eachother they should be allowed to show it.But dont take me wrong I know their situation but if things were different I would certainly hope that they would show some sort of feeling for eachother.
              Welcome to the Family!

Comment

Welcome Sandmonkey!

And if anyone is desperate for fic, the Sam ficathon is now available for your reading pleasure although the rules mean there is no ship only friendship...

http://community.livejournal.com/samcarterfic
                sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

I absolutely agree with you Caty, and I understand what you are saying about 200. The absolute only reason I watch episodes of SG-1 is for the Jack and Sam ship (which obviously the only episodes I am watching are the ones with RDA in them).
                  Spoiler:
                  The Threads episode carried such depth that I honestly believed that their relationship had to have progressed from that moment on....but with no mention in season 9 other than "not exactly" and with Sam back on the team and Jack...well who knows what Jack is up to except that we know whatever he is doing he is doing it at the Pentagon, it leaves me with an empty feeling. Then comes episode 200 and even though it is suppose to be a spoof, TPTB went out of their way to make it a cold wedding with her calling him "Sir", and no BHK; although, of course us shippers welcome any attention given to our couple. IMO that wedding segment comes across much warmer in music videos. So what I am saying here is coming from "Threads" with nothing IMO in season nine, to a spoof uncomfortable wedding in season 10 doesn't look too promising for our couple. Having said that.....I hate having said that because Jack and Sam are the best, they have such chemistry. TPTB are such fools, if they had a season of the B or even C plot having to do with Jack and Sam and their relationship, us shippers would probably buy two box sets just in case something happened to the first one, they would make a mint. If they promoted the movie, or mini-series or whatever with that truly being a PART of the story and not just another hoax, they would have the success that they are after for a long time to come. Being so obstinate about pushing the new characters and forgetting the old is what has caused this mess, and I am not so sure that they are willing to change. It absolutely breaks my heart to see them now and IMO know that nothing has changed between them.

Comment

Originally posted by hope leslie hermnharry
                    Spoiler:
                    The wedding was a spoof in the first place, never happened...It was done only for Marty's script and, since the whole ep is fake, the looks, the akwardness, none of it happened in "real life" me thinks...The "sir" was done on purpose, a wink to all of those fanfics...

More so:

Spoiler:
                    They've NEVER met the Furlings, Jack was NEVER invisible in an ep (unless I missed that one...)
                    ...so nothing in this ep was canon...
                    I agree with you on 200...

Spoiler:
                    the whole 200 episode was not canon...not the discussions in the briefing room, not the scenarios, nothing...we don't know anything for sure about their relationship since Moebius and fishing.

The wedding was a fake wedding scene...the sir/Jack thing a nod at the fanfics that ALL do that...if they ever did a real wedding scene, I would be equally hoping Sam wouldn't be calling Jack 'sir' at the altar even as a joke.
                    sigpic
                    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                      You could always send it to me, I'll post it on my site.

Just pm'd you hopalong. It's on it's way. MS word - though I do have it in .txt as well in case you run into a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandmonkey
                        Jack and Sam are so meant for eachother.They should just tell eachother how they feel.If two people love eachother they should be allowed to show it.But dont take me wrong I know their situation but if things were different I would certainly hope that they would show some sort of feeling for eachother.
                        WELCOME SANDMONKEY

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by hope leslie hermnharry
                          Yeah...what a shame...I need my fanfic fix pronto!!!!!
                          You know you can still can go to samandjack.net. I'm sure there are a few fics you never read before

Comment

You know, I’ve been thinking about this whole cancellation snaafu and I reckon the PTB and the cast must have had some advance warning ahead of the official announcement. It just strikes me as waaaay coincidental that RDA is doing Avalon when he has never done any conventions in all the years he has been on the show. I reckon the reason he’s doing it is that there is going to be some big announcement about a miniseries or movie…

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
                              You know, I’ve been thinking about this whole cancellation snaafu and I reckon the PTB and the cast must have had some advance warning ahead of the official announcement. It just strikes me as waaaay coincidental that RDA is doing Avalon when he has never done any conventions in all the years he has been on the show. I reckon the reason he’s doing it is that there is going to be some big announcement about a miniseries or movie…
                              Personally I don't think so because Avalon is already planed since about 2-3 months ago.
                              The announcement to the actors themselves was when they aired 200 or around that time
                              And Avalon is totally RDA's choice and I don't think TPTB or whatever would have putten pressure on him just so he could announce something like that.
                              The convention with AT and RDA is a charity thing, nothing more. But they could use it to announce something like they could with Gabit or the Official Stargate Convention also. But then again, I'm sure it's only being thought about now.
                              Last edited by Lizlove; 31 August 2006, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin

Actually, the cast was told at the big party in Malibu.
                                RDA I hear once had a really bad experience at a General Hospital convention...or gathering of some sort.
                                The other cast have been trying to egg him to go to a convention for many years. Amanda talked to him about her Gabit stuff, and as they're relatively small, she talked him into it. Sort of a way to get his feet wet on a small scale. Nothing more nefarious than that I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X