X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    yeah me too.

and btw, about the removal of image tags when quoting a pic post, didn't we say it was ok not to do it for captions? because if not then i have some posts to edit.
    As I understand it, anything that has an [img] tag should be converted to a [url] tag when you reply. (Don't worry about going back to edit them though.) It's out of courtesy to those who are on dial-up because pics can take so long to load. It's also part of the reason for limits on sig size - to put less strain on the server, and limit page download time.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Just a really quick fly by post from me.

1. Great video, UhSir!
      2. Congratulations to anyone with a posting milestone.
      3. Wonderful 2nd question to Amanda/Sam, LOL4JACK! I wish I could have seen her reaction!
      4. I'm really sorry that I won't be able to make it up to Manchester on Saturday. I've just checked my finances and my beloved husband and I have all of £67 to last us until he gets paid on 25th July!!
      always and forever
      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        Ji, ji, ji.... 2nd question...

L4J: Amanda, if I may, can I ask Sam Carter a question?

AT: OK, one moment... she turns around like getting into character and says... OK....

L4J: Could you please get me a date with Jack O'Neill since you are not doing anything with him

SC: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (eyes opening wide)

SC: Getting closer to the microphone and grabbing it with both her hands..... OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!!

L4J: Well, I had to try
        HaHa! I love it! I can so totally see that! You are lucky to be alive! Go girl!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
          HaHa! I love it! I can so totally see that! You are lucky to be alive! Go girl!
          True. We've seen Sam fight... I wouldn't want to test her...especially not over Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Hahahahaha , hehehehehe Thank you Carolina and everyone else who went to Shore leave to bring back some lovely feedback

Caty
            Thanks all, I can only say that it was fun, I didn't think I would dare but then... hey.... what the

Here reaction was great, I've been told that she really did not expect it at all and I'm hoping to here some from tsaxlady, since she might have some pics from that moment

I did tell her after that I would try again at Avalon and she just laughed.... I don't know what's with me and wanting to get killed

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Thanks all, I can only say that it was fun, I didn't think I would dare but then... hey.... what the

Here reaction was great, I've been told that she really did not expect it at all and I'm hoping to here some from tsaxlady, since she might have some pics from that moment

I did tell her after that I would try again at Avalon and she just laughed.... I don't know what's with me and wanting to get killed
              I wish I had your guts! Of course with my husband standing beside me, At wouldn't have had to kill me! I'm glad you caught her off guard with such a fun question. She won't forget you!

Comment

AT: OK, one moment... she turns around like getting into character and says... OK....

L4J: Could you please get me a date with Jack O'Neill since you are not doing anything with him

SC: Getting closer to the microphone and grabbing it with both her hands..... OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! I just read a fic where Sam says that to Vala when she starts talking about how yummy Jack is lol! Indeed, I applaude you for trying, however, don't you know that messing with the love of fates that is Sam and Jack is destined never to go well? And, yes, I would actually LOVE to hear Sam say that to Vala on the show!

Thanks for the info about Lethal Weapon... you do realise that I have to go and join a local video store now so that I can rent it (my old one shut down last week!)
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  True. We've seen Sam fight... I wouldn't want to test her...especially not over Jack!
                  Could've been real dangerous! Especially after that comment about the shavadai dress - L4J could have been in for the Level 3 Advanced demo instead or Turgan!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                    ROFLMAO!!!!!!! I just read a fic where Sam says that to Vala when she starts talking about how yummy Jack is lol! Indeed, I applaude you for trying, however, don't you know that messing with the love of fates that is Sam and Jack is destined never to go well? And, yes, I would actually LOVE to hear Sam say that to Vala on the show!

Thanks for the info about Lethal Weapon... you do realise that I have to go and join a local video store now so that I can rent it (my old one shut down last week!)
                    LOL! It is the best of the Lethal Weapon movies, imho Especially if it means someone somewhere writes a fic about a battle scar war between Sam & Jack
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL! WONDERFUL!!

both the question and amanda's delivery!!

squees for a moment

squees again

*thank you!*

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                        Hi shippers, quick question: are we allowed to leave the pictures in "quote posts" or do we have to remove the image tags? It's just that loads of people seem to do it here and in the Samanda thread but I only seem to get told off for not taking the tags off in the RDA thunk thread. Is that just a consensus in that thread or is it supposed to be a GW thing? BTW, I'm not having a rant at anyone for doing it or correcting me on it I just wondered.
                        Image tags should be changes to the URL in quotes to help the dial up people. It slows down the pages loading if you have post after post with large pictures in them. This is why they do it in the thunk threads, which are mainly pictures.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi Shippers!

I don’t come on here often, but someone asked for different points of view on Amanda's answers about ship at Shore Leave. I had a lovely time and it was an almost surreal experience seeing all of the people and the strange and fabulous costumes...and the actors. I mean... I went into the ladies room and practically bumped into Gigi Edgley as she was walking out. She was talking and joking with another fan like they were old friends. I watched as Corin and some of the other actors engaged in an impromptu game of "catch the tribble" with a young boy. It was just so weird seeing the actors we watch on TV being so... normal, for lack of a better word.

Onto my report. This is just my interpretation and paraphrasing of what Amanda said. I don't remember anything word for word and I might get some of it wrong. I'm putting it into spoilers tags to save space, as I am going to go on and on and on. I apologize for my lack of brevity, by the way.

On Saturday,
                          Spoiler:
                          ship was asked about twice. The first time was when a man asked Amanda if she could tell TPTB to at least have Jack and Sam engaged by the end of the series. There were quite a few cheers and claps from the audience at this and so I didn’t catch everything that AT said. But she said something like - they should already be married and should be on their honeymoon. Then she joked that they couldn’t show the honeymoon b/c the series wasn’t that kind of cable show. She told the gentleman that she would pass along the message to TPTB. All of this was said in a joking manner and I believe most of the audience found it highly amusing.

The next time ship was brought up, a different man asked Amanda if she ever got tired of the writers stringing out the UST and the ship in general. Amanda very seriously and honestly said that she did get tired of it because TPTB keep drawing it out and bringing it up over and over again and not resolving it. She implied that they should resolve the UST by either a) having them get together or b) not having them get together. In other words (and in my own interpretation of her words) - TPTB need to make up their minds and resolve it one way or the other.

She also felt that each time the ship was brought up it weakened the character of Sam, because it took a strong female character and pulled the rug out from under her. She said that it got to the point that every time the writers brought it up, it made Sam look like the girl pining for the guy and it undermined who she was as strong military officer, scientist, and individual.

However, she concluded by saying that there are definitely feelings between Sam and Jack and that they share a natural bond - and that there was nothing wrong with that. The way I interpreted it was that she was saying that she was fine with there being ship, but she implied that she hasn’t always liked how the writers were handling it. I also got the impression that this refered to how the writers handled it in the past.

On Sunday - (slight spoilers for ep. 200)

Spoiler:
                          Amanda said that there would be something for shippers and something for those of the opposite persuasion in '200'. She said both groups would be happy...and then she added, 'I think.'

There was also a very humorous question that I got a kick out of. A woman stated that she had a question to ask Sam Carter. Amanda turned towards the back of the stage to get into character and then turned back around as 'Sam.' The question was something like, "can you get me a date with Jack, since you're obviously not going to do anything with him." There was quite a bit of laughter and applause and immediately AT (as 'Sam') gruffly said "NO!" She then repeated her answer for good measure, making it clear that this woman should stay well away from 'her' General. It seems Sam might not be doing anything with Jack, but she still is mighty territorial about him.

Someone also asked about what it was like kissing RDA in WoO. Amanda sarcastically said something like, 'Terrible. I mean...it's lucky I get paid to do this because if I didn't....' She then said something like, 'For crying out loud, it's RDA. I get to kiss RDA...I have the coolest job in the world.' She also mentioned that the dip was a spontaneous thing that was added on set, which I thought was a very cool behind the scenes bit of info.

I can't remember anything else about Jack and Sam. Amanda was great and had everyone laughing constantly. In fact, I believe she got a standing ovation on both days. If I remember any more, I'll let you all know. Now I have to get some sleep b/c I got home at 3:30 a.m. and had to get up for work at 7:00. But it was sooo worth it!

Edit: I see some other people have posted their reports. I guess I was too slow. Must be the lack of sleep. Sorry for the repeated info.

Comment

Hi Shippers, sorry as always for not being around.... and as for Shore Leaves goes, I have some tiny scoop....

Amanda did not speak much about the 200, she did say that she could be fired but did tell, that we would all love it....
                            Spoiler:
                            There there is something for both sides of the coin to be happy

What I was suprised the most was that the 2 shippy questions that where asked came both from MALE!!!!!!! fans.....

One I remember and it was if the series was to end, could you please have O'Neill and Carter at least be engaged or something that was great!!!!! and she said that why engaged... she wanted all the way, the wedding, the honeymoon..... for the other one I'm going to need help from my fellow shippers... I have bad memory
                            I must add that one LOL4Jack's questions was the best!
                            "Since Sam doesn't want Jack, can I have him?" ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! That question rocked and Amanda's answer was great. A short and simple "No!" "Nope" "Never." or NO Way!" I forget exactly what the last negative response was. Oh that was great!

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
                              Hi Shippers!

[snip] for space

On Sunday - (slight spoilers for ep. 200)

Spoiler:
                              Amanda said that there would be something for shippers and something for those of the opposite persuasion in '200'. She said both groups would be happy...and then she added, 'I think.'

There was also a very humorous question that I got a kick out of. A woman stated that she had a question to ask Sam Carter. Amanda turned towards the back of the stage to get into character and then turned back around as 'Sam.' The question was something like, "can you get me a date with Jack, since you're obviously not going to do anything with him." There was quite a bit of laughter and applause and immediately AT (as 'Sam') gruffly said "NO!" She then repeated her answer for good measure, making it clear that this woman should stay well away from 'her' General. It seems Sam might not be doing anything with Jack, but she still is mighty territorial about him.

Someone also asked about what it was like kissing RDA in WoO. Amanda sarcastically said something like, 'Terrible. I mean...it's lucky I get paid to do this because if I didn't....' She then said something like, 'For crying out loud, it's RDA. I get to kiss RDA...I have the coolest job in the world.' She also mentioned that the dip was a spontaneous thing that was added on set, which I thought was a very cool behind the scenes bit of info.

I can't remember anything else about Jack and Sam. Amanda was great and had everyone laughing constantly. In fact, I believe she got a standing ovation on both days. If I remember any more, I'll let you all know. Now I have to get some sleep b/c I got home at 3:30 a.m. and had to get up for work at 7:00. But it was sooo worth it!

Edit: I see some other people have posted their reports. I guess I was too slow. Must be the lack of sleep. Sorry for the repeated info.
                              LOL Melora, thanks for your report, pity we couldn't meet, we had a nice GW group going ..... as for the question.... I'm the women

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
                                Hi Shippers!
                                Thanks so much for your report and your take on things. Every viewpoint adds texture for those of us who couldn't be there. Accept a green!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X