Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Waves at all the shippers and guests* Hi! Post people, post! I have nothing clever or shippy to say right now, but I'm sure you do!

Comment

Hmm, I just saw Chimera and did you guys notice how similiar Jack's and Pete's backgrounds are??? Very weird!
      Lets see:
      * rough childhood
      * they would have ended up in jail if someone hadn't seen their potential
      * ended in organisations that 'defend' the country (you see what I mean huh?)
      * both were married

Now on another level:
      * need to protect Sam
      * love Sam
      * are more of the adventure type of guy (see movie references )
      * knows about the stargate
      * have a tendency to get hurt

It may seem silly but... it still is freaky!

*remembers never to watch Chimera when she's bored!*

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
        gosh a lot of people replied. i don't suppose anyone has the clip, maybe?
        found one:
        Originally posted by MajorSam
        Yep I've got that! and in English too! I've never liked her in long hair... but i've gotta say in this special it looks AMAZING imho!!!! Unfortunately the file's 240 MB... so we'd have to transfer over msn or something like that. PM me!
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
          Hmm, I just saw Chimera and did you guys notice how similiar Jack's and Pete's backgrounds are??? Very weird!
          Lets see:
          * rough childhood
          * they would have ended up in jail if someone hadn't seen their potential
          * ended in organisations that 'defend' the country (you see what I mean huh?)
          * both were married

Now on another level:
          * need to protect Sam
          * love Sam
          * are more of the adventure type of guy (see movie references )
          * knows about the stargate
          * have a tendency to get hurt

It may seem silly but... it still is freaky!

*remembers never to watch Chimera when she's bored!*
          Ok that is weird... But still they look alike from backgrounds but still you can't compare them...
          I mean Jack has a lot more that Pete
          *He had a closer band with Sam
          *He and sam went to a lot more togheter
          *He knows how to talk to her when she is sad, and knows how to help her with her pain and sorrow
          *will always be there for her
          *Just he is THE man...

and really watching chimera when you are bored... I would never do that... I would say watch any ep. and search for the little shippy things in the ep and than post them here

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
            Ok that is weird... But still they look alike from backgrounds but still you can't compare them...
            I mean Jack has a lot more that Pete
            *He had a closer band with Sam
            *He and sam went to a lot more togheter
            *He knows how to talk to her when she is sad, and knows how to help her with her pain and sorrow
            *will always be there for her
            *Just he is THE man...

and really watching chimera when you are bored... I would never do that... I would say watch any ep. and search for the little shippy things in the ep and than post them here
            No no no! God! Jack is much better for Sam. No comparaison possible there. I thought it was just... weird of TPTB.

Well, mostly I wanted to see Sam's reactions to Pete again. She's needy in that ep (dance scene, bed scene, ugh). You clearly see she reaches out to him. For love, affection, comfort.
            Not that she's really in love with him. Not now, not ever.

Hey, I'm weird like that!

Comment

Well, mostly I wanted to see Sam's reactions to Pete again. She's needy in that ep (dance scene, bed scene, ugh). You clearly see she reaches out to him. For love, affection, comfort.
              I absolutely agree! Needy is the word. At first it seemed she was uncertain, like whenever she kissed him. And then THAT part. Ick. I would say needy. Man, it's kind of weird to see her like that. The always cool and confident Sam Carter not being so in control. And she never, ever LOVED him.

Jack is THE man.

Comment

No no no! God! Jack is much better for Sam. No comparaison possible there. I thought it was just... weird of TPTB.

Hey, I'm weird like that!
                Yeah needy is the word but I think there is a logical explanation for it... at first with the kissing she stills thinks that she can be with jack but than she remember that those are dreams of her, and that she never could have him because of the regs. so than she sees him again and knows that she is her hope and well she is a little frustrated maybe... and then you have the scene with the dancing and the scene at the house.

Ok that is what I thought about it

Comment

I've always liked the fanfics where while Sam's with Pete, she has a nightmare and wakes up calling Jack's name. I'm like 'Take that, Pete!' While Sam's never needed Jack to protect her, she knows he can. It has to be nice knowing that someone like Jack will always be there for you. *shippy sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                    ugh! i can't STAND sam's hair long! get it out of your eyes, damnit! off the collar! you CANNOT see like that! love it short, don't like the innocence. favorite Sam hair but that's almost completely and utterly my reg side talking. because, completely against that, my favorite picture of AT is this. but i still don't like the s4 hair.

We really are a different bunch! (That's one thing I love about this thread. We all have different opinions yet really get along. Not all threads here are like that!)

I loathe her hair so short!! It is not that attractive. I liked her season one hair, her early season 4 hair and her hair this season after she got some product in it, lol!

I've never understood why they just don't let her grow it out so she can put it in a bun. Military women are allowed to do that. My mother did.

LizLove? Why would you watch Chimera when you are bored? I've been extremely bored before and...I found something, anything, other than that!! Like D&C. I have watched that soo many times when I was bored!

Spoiler:
                    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                      LizLove? Why would you watch Chimera when you are bored? I've been extremely bored before and...I found something, anything, other than that!! Like D&C. I have watched that soo many times when I was bored!
                      Hey! What can I say? I'm a pretty weird girl ya know. And there are some shippy scenes in it
                      It was just for the Sam/Pete factor.

And for a possible future fic...

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                        It doesn't matter if they give her a brush or not coz she looks gorgeous regardless...I love the style in season 4...actually I pretty much love her hair all the time except when she had it cut really short - I think the first time it was really short was in the ep Beneath the Surface - didn't like it that much.
                        http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ly1970/S11.jpg
                        This was a nice style too!!!
                        I actually liked it better after that. It takes a truly lovely woman to be able to pull off super short hair, but she can do it and make it look great.

Add to that it went along with the plot. I always just presumed that the slavedrivers in BTS cut it (Sam's, not Amanda's) so it wouldn't interfere with her work. (I still haven't figured out why Hathor cut Daniel's hair at the beginning of S3, though. )
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          ******SQUEE******

Did I capture your attention??!!

OK, so I'm cooking Sunday breakfast with the SciFi channel on. Some lame but kind of funny scifi movie is on. Commercial break for Stargate SG-1 Season 10. The squee part is coming.....
                          Spoiler:
                          Amanda, Ben, Michael, and Christopher each have a brief comment about Stargate Mondays and the new season. A series of photos flash by including...

TPTB are highlighting The Ship among other aspects of the show!!!!!

I'd say this is SWEET and very SQUEE-WORTHY!!!

Thanks to Mala50 for the shippy pic!!!
                          clears throat

SSSSQQQQUUUUEEEEEEEEE!!!

and did i mention

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JacksYummy

ok and I was just wondering if jack was Dead lets say who would your second choice be for AT??
                            that guy that played macgyver on tv.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar

why do you guys keep mentioning some episode called 'chimera'? there was no ep called that. after 'grace', sam considered taking her brother up on his blind date with my friend offer, but she kept saying no. but she did get lonely... and considered it. but when her father was ill, she turned to jack and never turned back.

so there was no ep called 'chimera', and there was no person called pete.

whew, feel better now

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Take a look at Morgana's posts here http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=77960
                                there's new pics of S10 even a couple with Jack and Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X