X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
    From the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team*

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...riefCandle.jpg
    Sam: Shippers, I so remember this day, I told him right away to be careful with the food, I saw some sparkling stuff on the top that looked very strange.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...iefCandle2.jpg
    Jack: And I listen to you honey, I always do, and that's why I offered it to Daniel... I mean he can take anything he proved it with the years, How many times did he die?????

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...iefCandle3.jpg
    Sam: But well at the end you can't resist a good bite (Sam giggles....) and you took it... and I thought... he's going to get it....

* florence, LOL4JACK, Nell, Lys, SG-1Fanintn
    These are so great, LOL4JACK, and something for everyone, esp flyaway hair Sam, Boonie-Jack lovers, Sam/Jack shippers (duh!), fingerless-glove Jack, neck, lip...

Just sayin', hope I didn't miss anything... The O'Neills' Thanksgiving party looks like the place to be!
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

((((Daniel's Twin)))) Welcome back!!!! I haven't seen you in a while, well I haven't been around much myself

(((((((Newbies)))))) Welcome... Choping Gal, should we consider you a Newbie or just coming out of the closest

And yes, TPTB are kind of lost now.... so here we have 2 discusions going on... the one that I like to call "TPTB Ship AU Reality" wich besides the
      Spoiler:
      "Not exactly"
      Not well or not much or the the "S/J Ship Family Reality" where we KNOW they are together... as I've said before, nothing, nothing, points to the contrary

PS: Keep around and another of Sam and Jack's memories will be coming late this evening
      Thnx for the welcome back. Sorry I haven't been around, but I've been been busy setting up the foundation for something of an online business. I'll finally be able to put my artistic practices to some practical uses.

Plus, I just can't seem to be able to do fanfics as good as the ones that I've been seeing lately (subtle compliment)
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
        Thnx for the welcome back. Sorry I haven't been around, but I've been been busy setting up the foundation for something of an online business. I'll finally be able to put my artistic practices to some practical uses.

Plus, I just can't seem to be able to do fanfics as good as the ones that I've been seeing lately (subtle compliment)
        Hi Daniel's_twin!!! How about creating a bookmark?? We are having a Ship Event but bookmarks can be for Ship or for individual characters!!! Please join us!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          I've been confused by this scene too. I've always thought Sam was asking, "What if we hadn't had to fight the Goa'uld and could have explored our feelings for each other?"

But I thought Jack was trying to push her away by responding, "I wouldn't be here," meaning that he never would have gone through the Stargate in the first place because Charlie would be alive and he wouldn't have taken part in what was expected to be a suicide mission. And, because he wouldn't have gone through the gate, he would never have met Sam and wouldn't have fallen in love with her.

I also thought that Jack's remark was meant to be hurtful to Sam, because she had hurt him by starting a relationship with Pete (thus violating their unexplored vow of love to each other). And Sam seemed to wince after he said it. It was just a very, very sad moment for me. But I didn't think Jack really meant it. I thought he was just lashing out.

Über, I like your interpretation much better! Maybe you're right. Maybe that's part of the reason we finally got to Threads.
          I had a different take on this.
          I thought Sam was asking what if they (Sam and Jack) were allowed to have a relationship, kind of asking him if he would have stepped up to the plate.
          Jack's response is that he would not be here with her showing him some other guys ring, he wouldn't be in this awkward position. Jack would be with Sam.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Take heart, Uh Sir.

She asked what would she do if she and Pete had kids and Jack responded that there are other SGC team members who have families and they still go offworld...not that he was somehow harkening back to Charlie. But really, Sam isn't tying one thing into the other, as in the kids question to the if things were different question.

She was throwing out a bunch of bogus reasons as to why she's doubting her relationship with Pete because the real reason was too volatile of a topic. What if my job's too dangerous...What about kids... etc. But then she pauses and dives in to that volatile topic after all...the real heart of the matter...the real reason she hadn't accepted Pete's proposal..."What about YOU?"

But because of their regulation issues, she doesn't ask him flat out in the same blunt manner she could talk to her hallucination of him. So instead, she's careful.

So...What about you? What about what we said aloud four years ago? What if things had been different and the threats were gone and we didn't have to be here anymore? Would there be a reason for me to not accept Pete's proposal if you and I were free from our obligations here? Would I regret it if we were to conquer our foes after all and finally would be allowed to move on from here but by then it would be too late because I'd be married to Pete?

So Jack responded in kind. If things were different and we didn't have these obligations, I wouldn't be here because I'd want the chance to explore a relationship with you too.

But of course it was a what if scenario. Sam had no way of knowing how close they were to defeating the Goa'uld and Replicators. She figured that was a nice fantasy but the reality was she'd always have those obligations...so why not "have a life" with Pete since she could never have Jack because they'd be obligated to their work for an undefined amount of time...plus Pete seemed to be able to handle the pressures of her job.

So she accepted Pete's proposal but started doubting her decision quickly thereafter...especially in Threads as the bulk of her obligations with regard to the Goa'uld and Replicators had been taken care of and the sound of her fears about committing to Pete echoed louder and louder in her mind...
            You said it! And more eloquently than I.
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I think Jack meant all these things when he said I wouldn't be here. If Charlie had still been alive, he would still be with his family and would probably never have joined the Stargate program. If regs/duty hadn't been in the way, they'd have been together long ago. If he thought she felt the same about him, he would have resigned by that stage. And, although I doubt Jack would have meant this, it could also have been interpreted as if he hadn't joined the program, the planet could have been destroyed and none of us would be here....

Also, Sam's question - 'what about you...if things had been different?' is very vague. She might have meant one thing, but he could have interpreted something different, just like us.

Comment

Hi I have a theory.... With all this fishing talk and the AT interview in London... about Jack/Fishing/Catching the Fish...

We all know that Jack had no fish in his pond very clear for us all in Threads and M2, and it just clicked for me.... damn! don't know the word in english.... but I compare S/J relationship for the past 8 years with the No Fish in Pond / No Fish to catch/ because he couldn't catch the fish.."Regs".... So for years he could only go and sit down and enjoy the pleasure of fishing....

After M2 something changed... maybe his promotion to DC wasn't there before, but something changed... Sam and Jack where together, finally no regs and in this new Reality he was finally able to fish with fishes because he could catch the fish...

Now, does it make sense that's how I feel about it, what about you?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

fishing is a very good

Pete has been a big mistake.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                    fishing is a very good

Pete has been a big mistake.
                    Indeed Dexterav that's why here we refer to him as or Mr Potato Head I don't have any pics of Mr Potato Head, but I'm sure other shippers would love to share some of the pics Muahahaha

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Hi I have a theory.... With all this fishing talk and the AT interview in London... about Jack/Fishing/Catching the Fish...

We all know that Jack had no fish in his pond very clear for us all in Threads and M2, and it just clicked for me.... damn! don't know the word in english.... but I compare S/J relationship for the past 8 years with the No Fish in Pond / No Fish to catch/ because he couldn't catch the fish.."Regs".... So for years he could only go and sit down and enjoy the pleasure of fishing....

After M2 something changed... maybe his promotion to DC wasn't there before, but something changed... Sam and Jack where together, finally no regs and in this new Reality he was finally able to fish with fishes because he could catch the fish...

it's perfectly clear for me and it's a great explanation !!!
                      we've all thought about the metaphor Jack catching the fish (Sam) but now it's much better: before no fish to catch cause regs, now possibility to actually catch the fish because promotion and different chain of command, right ??
                      I like it ! well done !!
                      Go Jack catch the fish !!!

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                        it's perfectly clear for me and it's a great explanation !!!
                        we've all thought about the metaphor Jack catching the fish (Sam) but now it's much better: before no fish to catch cause regs, now possibility to actually catch the fish because promotion and different chain of command, right ??
                        I like it ! well done !!
                        Go Jack catch the fish !!!
                        a little different
                        Go Jack catch the Sam !!!
                        sigpic

Comment

whats this about an interview in london? i was offline for a couple of weeks unexpectedly right before gabit, so i've only started to catch up on the last few weeks of news in the last couple of days. i got as far as page 1002 on the carter appreciation thread, and couldn't take anymore. i was stunned about the contract information, and quite discusted with rcc. i hope this has been resolved for the best but i'm almost afraid to read any further AT news at all just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            whats this about an interview in london? i was offline for a couple of weeks unexpectedly right before gabit, so i've only started to catch up on the last few weeks of news in the last couple of days. i got as far as page 1002 on the carter appreciation thread, and couldn't take anymore. i was stunned about the contract information, and quite discusted with rcc. i hope this has been resolved for the best but i'm almost afraid to read any further AT news at all just in case.
                            Stargate Barbie... AT made an official reply to all the comments that came out from Gabit... things are still strange, but she did say she will come back, still strange though, but you can check her official website or GW news.

The interview was a local interview she gave in London on a TV show called T4 or something like that... Terrah posted the link to the interview here, I guess they where also posted in the Samanda thread.

Comment

That sounds good to me, too. TPTB were using that "fish in the pond" for something symbolic, I believe. And because they keep us working for the "deep meaning" behind their subtle/vague/ambiguous/veiled ideas, we are challenged to develop hypotheses (a Sam term!) and yours, LOL4JACK, sounds "deep enough" to me!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

From the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team*

JACK: Giggles
                                LOL4JACk: Sam, Giggles?
                                SAM: Yes, he became fond of them with the years... it seems that he thinks I find it irresistible, since he can't resist me when I do.... (giggles)... Jack, behave...
                                JACK: *cough* OK... I played a joke on her that day... I mean by that time I was already crazy about her... I know the $%** part was going to be great, because you know she jumped all over me at that planet where she says she got the virus... but let me tell you, you should have seen what she can do with out the virus, she had this little tank top...
                                SAM: Jack!!!!!
                                Jack: OK, back to the story, well, I was already crazy about her and I needed to see if she could handle "the little Jack inside me" so I told her we where going to meet my parents... that they where living off world....

Jack: She could not stop asking Daniel and me every 5min, it's this for real? I could barely control the laughter, I was sucking my cheeks in so I wouldn't laugh

* Florence, LOL4JACK, Nell, Lys, SG-1Fanintn

Comment

Working...
                                X