Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sg-1fanintn, no problem, it's all about the ship and we are building a dictionary

Q can also be for Queen, because Sam is Jack's Queen

Sorry for the bad manip

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Quick (cross-post) drive by fic recommendation. Just re-read this one and realized how neat it is for some of the "Carter in Command" issues! It's by Anni, and it's called: "Veritas". It's S/J with Sam/Teal'c friendship, and there's a cool scene in there where Sam talks to Teal'c about what it's been like to be leader of SG-1 (without Jack). It's just a short one-off set just pre season nine I think. Here's the link if anyone's interested!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2382147/1/

Plus, selfishly I've been trying to prod her to work on "First Star I See.." for two weeks now and I'm thinkin' maybe a few more reviews on some of her stuff might jog her muse or something, she says it's AWOL! (Ahhh!)

mini
      Thanks, mini! Let's see, now I've read this, um, 5 or 6 times!! **fans self** It is wonderfully tender and romantic!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        Well, next letter is a "P" Sg-1fanintn did the "O" or better yet the "Ohhhhh"

I know I banned "P" from the last shippy alphabet, but somebody else came up with a good option, but I don't remeber what.... I mean... "P"=""
        It was me. I said P is for the perfect kiss Sam and Jack had after the proposal.

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

You know a lot of shippers hate the episode Affinity which is on tonight in syndication...and I do to mind you but not for shippy reasons. Just read my review of it under the Affinity episode thread for my full opinion.

There is however a very shippy scene in this episode...but it had a line I never could understand because I couldn't figure out what either Sam or Jack meant:

It is the Ring Scene....

Sam (thinks for a moment, then looks into Jack’s eyes.): What about you? If things had been different ... *she trails off*
          Jack (looks at her for a moment before speaking): I wouldn’t be here.

This back and forth never made sense to me...before tonight. If what things had been different? Her not dating Pete? If they had gotten together? And what did Jack mean by "I wouldn't be here?"

Then I realized what they were saying to each other and would like to share it with you here.

Let's put it into context. These are two people who've cared about each other for years but have ALWAYS put duty first. They knew they could not serve together and have a relationship while in the same direct chain of command...and therefore they would not be able to do what they needed to do to get rid of the Goa'uld and Replicator threats. Duty before personal interests.

With this thought in mind, let's re-examine what they were saying to each other...which now seems really obvious to me (my thoughts are in blue):

Sam (thinks for a moment, then looks into Jack’s eyes.): What about you? If things had been different ... *and the major threats against this galaxy had been taken care of so that we were free to move on from the SGC and explore a relationship with each other*
          Jack (looks at her for a moment before speaking): I wouldn’t be here. *because I'd leave the SGC so I wouldn't be your CO as I want to be able to explore a relationship with you too*

Enter Season 9. Goa'uld...gone. Replicators...gone. Pete...gone. Jack is no longer at the SGC and is no longer Sam's CO.

So my interpretation is...Sam's "if things had been different" actually scenario plays out and Jack follows through on his end..."I wouldn't be here."

So what do you think?
          Last edited by Uber; 11 November 2005, 10:53 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

ÜberSG-1Fan, Thanks for bringing this up cause that has been a challenging scene for me to interpret!! I'll respond in red!
            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            You know a lot of shippers hate the episode Affinity which is on tonight in syndication...Yes, me too, for Ship and other reasons and I do to mind you but not for shippy reasons. Just read my review of it under the Affinity episode thread for my full opinion.

There is however a very shippy scene in this episode...but it had a line I never could understand because I couldn't figure out what either Sam or Jack meant: I have struggled with this scene's meaning, too.It is the Ring Scene....

Sam (thinks for a moment, then looks into Jack’s eyes.): What about you? If things had been different ... *she trails off*

This back and forth never made sense to me...before tonight. If what things had been different? Her not dating Pete? If they had gotten together? And what did Jack mean by "I wouldn't be here?"

Then I realized what they were saying to each other and would like to share it with you here.

Let's put it into context. These are two people who've cared about each other for years but have ALWAYS put duty first. They knew they could not serve together and have a relationship while in the same direct chain of command...and therefore they would not be able to do what they needed to do to get rid of the Goa'uld and Replicator threats. Duty before personal interests. Agreed.

With this thought in mind, let's re-examine what they were saying to each other...which now seems really obvious to me (my thoughts are in blue):

Sam (thinks for a moment, then looks into Jack’s eyes.): What about you? If things had been different ... *and the major threats against this galaxy had been taken care of so that we were free to move on from the SGC and explore a relationship with each other*
            My first impression was similar to yours but I couldn't believe that TPTB would let them take it out of the room to examine it. So, I next thought that within the context of Sam's lamenting about having a baby and childcare and risking your life with a family, I thought she really meant, "what if things had been different" and Charlie lived. Would you risk your life in a dangerous career when you have a child?

Jack (looks at her for a moment before speaking): I wouldn’t be here. *because I'd leave the SGC so I wouldn't be your CO as I want to be able to explore a relationship with you too*
            So, when Jack responded, "I wouldn't be here." I thought he meant that he wouldn't risk the uncertainty of a dangerous job when he had a family.

Enter Season 9. Goa'uld...gone. Replicators...gone. Pete...gone. Jack is no longer at the SGC and is no longer Sam's CO.

So my interpretation is...Sam's "if things had been different" actually scenario plays out and Jack follows through on his end..."I wouldn't be here."

So what do you think?
            So, that's what I've been thinking. But, now that you raised this for discussion, I'd like to hear others. Perhaps I misunderstood. I prefer your interpretation!
            sigpic

Comment

Agreed Uber.. that's how I saw it (after much consternation and head scratching on the "wouldn't be here" line).

I think there is actually a lot of significance in Sam handing Jack the ring. For his approval? For him to throw it in the bin? I haven't decided what I think the significance is, but there defenitely is one. Just check out the look on Sam's face.

There's also the tight shot of the handover... anyone wanna help me out with it, it must mean something....

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              You know a lot of shippers hate the episode Affinity which is on tonight in syndication...and I do to mind you but not for shippy reasons. Just read my review of it under the Affinity episode thread for my full opinion.

There is however a very shippy scene in this episode...but it had a line I never could understand because I couldn't figure out what either Sam or Jack meant:

It is the Ring Scene....

Let's put it into context. These are two people who've cared about each other for years but have ALWAYS put duty first. They knew they could not serve together and have a relationship while in the same direct chain of command...and therefore they would not be able to do what they needed to do to get rid of the Goa'uld and Replicator threats. Duty before personal interests.

So what do you think?
              sigpic

Comment

I totally agree with you on the "I wouldn't be here" thing. I don't really see how it would mean something else but I guess some people might understand it differently and I would love to know how. Anyway we'll never know what he really means...and I guess TPTB don't know either

anyway sg-1fanintn nice invitation the ship ship hooray special ops team ?? LMAO ...did you finally succeed in converting Lys to the dark side of shipiness??
                I'll be there november 20th, can't miss the Oneill's first thanksgiving !!

back to business...R is for

Those damn Regs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

S could be for

Soul Mates

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                    Agreed Uber.. that's how I saw it (after much consternation and head scratching on the "wouldn't be here" line).

I think there is actually a lot of significance in Sam handing Jack the ring. For his approval? For him to throw it in the bin? I haven't decided what I think the significance is, but there defenitely is one. Just check out the look on Sam's face.

There's also the tight shot of the handover... anyone wanna help me out with it, it must mean something....
                    http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...ed-12%7E12.jpg
                    http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...ed-14%7E11.jpg
                    I'll bet there are as many different answers as shippers for this one! My take is this...

Sam: If things had been different.... I think she was meaning the chain of command thing / duty / goa'uld / replicators / etc ..... saying as openly as possible (given the situation) that she wanted a relationship with Jack, not

But then Jack went all deep and meaningful (not his normal reaction, but he knew this was important to her) and his "I wouldn't be here" makes me want to tear my hair out! The shipper in me says that he'd have left the SGC ages ago and commenced a relationship with Sam, but the Realist thinks that he meant Charlie. That's the biggest regret in his life, and IMHO the one thing he could change if he could - regardless of it meaning he'd never entered the Stargate programme.

But its not all bad, cos the shipper in me reasserts itself to end his "I wouldn't be here" with "But I am here, and I'll always be here". Jack's sad regretful expression was for both the loss of Charlie, and the impossible situation that he and Sam are in. Then toss in a whole load of angst cos he understands her relationship with (a lot better than Sam does I think).

Despite how we make fun of Jack's attitude towards "serious discussion" and addressing his emotions in FF etc, I really think that he has spent a long time taking a hard look at himself, his feelings for Sam, regrets over Charlie, and accepts them for what they are. Then deals. He just doesn't do it with his heart on his sleeve like say, Daniel or Jonas. I think Jack has a lot more emotional maturity than Sam, and with that "I wouldn't be here" gently reminded her of his past with Charlie and Sarah, the things he and Sam have been through together (D&C, BTS, Entity, Paradise Lost, Grace etc) and the fact that these things and their situation can't be changed.

Sorry for rambling so much! Hope it was coherent I didn't get much sleep last night, so neither the fingers or the brain are working properly

Edit: Oooops! Left out the ring bit! D'uh! I think the significance of Sam thrusting out the ring was part of her emotional insecurity and immaturity. She wanted to talk to Jack about the situation but simply didn't know how. Holding the ring out the way she did was the equivalent of just blurting out the words. But in typical S&J fashion - without words. TPTB's trademark for intense shippy moments Makes for good discussion though
                    Last edited by Oma-1; 12 November 2005, 01:54 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                      LOL4JACK:*cough* *cough* Milestone here.... I'll guess I'll do the milestone dance on my own... anybody wants to dance with me

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/guess.jpg

JACK: Nobody puts LOL4JACK in a corner...!
                      LOL4JACK: Wooooohooooo, Milestone dance
                      Congrats on your milestone LOL4JACK !!

Hey, you're a 'Dirty Dancing' fan ? Same here !
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                        Has anyone else read Carter's Snookered,Chosen Heart Series S7 by HDorothy at fanfiction? OMG that was funny! Jack in the shower with Sam! HEE-Hee~~~

Link please ?
                        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          Just opened the TV Guide magazine I bought today and there on the top of one page were these words in big letters: "Samantha's always loved Jack. I think they should get married."

No, not about our Sam and Jack, sadly. It was a quote from an interview with Poppy Montgomery about her show "Without a Trace" (which I don't watch), though after reading the interview it seems there are going to be love triangles rather than 'happily ever after' with that Sam/Jack.

But for a few seconds........
                          Please don't tell me something like that ! I'm definitely not a Sam/Jack shipper when it comes to Without A Trace ! I love my Sam/Martin ship !

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                            I totally agree with you on the "I wouldn't be here" thing. I don't really see how it would mean something else but I guess some people might understand it differently and I would love to know how. Anyway we'll never know what he really means...and I guess TPTB don't know either

anyway sg-1fanintn nice invitation the ship ship hooray special ops team ?? LMAO ...did you finally succeed in converting Lys to the dark side of shipiness??
                            I'll be there november 20th, can't miss the Oneill's first thanksgiving !!

back to business...R is for

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3926/gun11ma.jpg
                            Those damn Regs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            LOL at the pic !

No, we've not succeeded in converting Lys to the dark side... She's still a non-shipper. But she kindly accepted to help us for the invitation

Comment

Marion - love the R and S

Personally, I like to put R, S and T together The problem is deciding which pic to use!

This one

or this one

or this one

or simply

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                                Please don't tell me something like that ! I'm definitely not a Sam/Jack shipper when it comes to Without A Trace ! I love my Sam/Martin ship !
                                oh come on ! go Sam and Jack !!!! they rock as for Martin I could find a way to make him feel better after he loses Sam

Originally posted by florence
                                Originally Posted by trupi
                                Has anyone else read Carter's Snookered,Chosen Heart Series S7 by HDorothy at fanfiction? OMG that was funny! Jack in the shower with Sam! HEE-Hee~~~

Link please ?
                                yep please

Oma your explanation about the "I wouldn't be here" seems totally realistic, I like it. and it makes me feel better about how things are...finally I prefer UST for 9 years better than imagining Jack with Sara and little Charlie and poor Sam in a lame relationship as always anyway that is a possibility thanks for sharing your point of view

and I agree about the ring thing. It's easier for her to do it this way. and I totally agree with you on the maturity thing also...great observations

Comment

Working...
                                X