This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    Shel...yeah...I was feelin the Shep/Weir lovin' tonight...

*thwacks self on the head*

and it starts again...

*runs off screaming like a maniac about getting caught up in (yet) another ship*

I think ships are like fishing boats...and we're the fish...

hmm...maybe the fish in Moebius was meant to symbolise shippers jumping for joy!

*runs away*
    Exactly. See what ship does to people? It's bad for us ya know!! Makes us act like crazy people!
    I managed to pry myself away from the S/W ship last year, but it's sucking me back in.
    I don't think I can take another seven years of this!!!

Maybe I'll just hide behind the sofa till it's all over....

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      were they really that close together, or did you 'fix' the pic to make it appear that way??

*great pic!*

sally
      Nope, I didn't touch it. I actually found it somewhere ages ago--maybe on that German cap site. Anyway, I went to stargatecaps.com and can't find the same picture. Maybe someone else touched it up, but it wasn't me.
      -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
        Exactly. See what ship does to people? It's bad for us ya know!! Makes us act like crazy people!
        I managed to pry myself away from the S/W ship last year, but it's sucking me back in.
        I don't think I can take another seven years of this!!!

Maybe I'll just hide behind the sofa till it's all over....
        I love the Shep/Weir ship--it's serving as my fix since I can't get anything from Sam/Jack except in old eps and fanfic. I also love Mal/Inara from Firefly/Serenity. Lots of angst.
        -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Can I ask as many of you as possible to register at the SI gallery...all the files can be rated and you can leave comments...There's also shippy downloads...

And now I must get going...got a lecturer to track down...
          I registered!
          OO... its so exciting.. well done! Its all looking worderful

------

_Anubis, Im really sorry *hugs* Im sure Lana's in peace now..feel better soon

------

majorsal! I love your proposal idea!! Its so S&J like
          Bless their hearts.. shame they cant just say it, eh..lol
          Sam&Jack
          ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
          ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
          TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

(ever wonder what a ptb s/j marriage proposal scene would like like?)

jack - 'so, carter, you wanna...'

sam - 'okay.'

jack - 'okay?'

sam - 'yes.'

jack - 'yes?'

sam - 'not exactly.'

jack - 'carter, are we talking about the...'

sam - 'not exactly.'

jack - 'not exactly that we're talking about the... whatever, or not exactly that you're referring to the other thing that you said not exactly about?'

sam - 'exactly.'

jack - 'what?'

sam - 'what?'

jack - 'exactly.'

sally
            yeah that's great but with 'sam' instead of 'carter'
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity and threads

Spoiler:

i think sam was suprised that pete didn't *really* get upset. he made such a big deal of things at the beginning (you know, when he wasn't told things, so he took 'things' into his own hands and found out ), but this time he seemed to just give up. and the reason i think he did was because he saw it coming.

*i* saw it coming in affinity. he made a reference to sam... i'll just show you a part of the script.

SHANAHAN: Sorry -- I'm still getting used to the fact that my girlfriend's a super-hero.

CARTER (laughing): Bit of an exaggeration.

SHANAHAN: The super-hero part or the girlfriend part?

that part that, whether it was a joke or not, *also* showed me that pete was feeling insecure about his relay with sam.

he was so selfishy in chimera towards sam, but he was mr perfect boyfriend in affinity. he was patient, understanding, needy puppy dog like, etc. but i also saw insecurty, like the above part, and how he reacted when she told him she needed more time while they were in the car. and how he reacted when she finally said yes. he asked over and over (and this was also because sam was soooo laid back in her replies)... so we get to the end, when she's breaking up with him (not *just* breaking the engagement)... i felt he was totally resigned to this happening, because he saw it coming a long time before.

as to whether sam told pete she was breaking up with him because of another man... i don't think she did.

SHANAHAN: I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want.

my initial thought on this was that sam told him something along the lines that... argh, i don't know what she told him, but i didn't think it was 'i'm in love with another man'. i got the feeling that whatever she told him, it was ambiguous enough and pete was 'searching' for a reason for sam's decisions.

i do like that whoever said that maybe sam 'did' use her father's death as an excuse, and that maybe pete was saying he wasn't really buying it... i'm not sure about that, but it is a new thought to ponder.

You know the way she
              Spoiler:
              introduced Pete to her Dad, makes me think she wanted him to make a ass out of himself in front of her Dad. Maybe she wanted Jacob to disapprove to bail her out of her mess. She said she didn't want him to be nervous, but it really put Pete on the spot. Which I enjoyed seeing.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                You know the way she
                Spoiler:
                introduced Pete to her Dad, makes me think she wanted him to make a ass out of himself in front of her Dad. Maybe she wanted Jacob to disapprove to bail her out of her mess. She said she didn't want him to be nervous, but it really put Pete on the spot. Which I enjoyed seeing.
                I love they way he says "Dad?" and Jacob goes "You can't call me that yet" (or something like that) but Jack's called him dad loads of times!

Comment

You know the way she
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't know
                  Spoiler:
                  whether she wanted him to do that or she was afraid he was gonna do that. I think that she was desperate for Jacob to like him. I just don't think old Dad was predisposed to like him. period! I think Sam would have gone ahead with the plans if Jacob wasn't so obviously unhappy with her choice. If Jacob had been neutral-I think that their would have been wedding. But with Jacob dying and very indirectly/directly challenging her-she was forced to take a look at what she was doing-which is why she attempted to approach Jack and told Pete the wedding was off
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

You know the way she
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:

i didn't think she wanted to make an ass out of him, she just knew she had to do it eventually, and perhaps she knew her dad wouldn't approve. she semmed genuine when she talked to him in the infirmary, she didn't know he was going to ttalk her out of it
                    sigpic
                    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
                      Spoiler:

i didn't think she wanted to make an ass out of him, she just knew she had to do it eventually, and perhaps she knew her dad wouldn't approve. she semmed genuine when she talked to him in the infirmary, she didn't know he was going to ttalk her out of it
                      Actually I didn't think so either,
                      Spoiler:
                      I think she was nervous about introducing Pete to Dad. I don't think she thought Dad would approve. But she still should have told Pete.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        I don't know
                        Spoiler:
                        whether she wanted him to do that or she was afraid he was gonna do that. I think that she was desperate for Jacob to like him. I just don't think old Dad was predisposed to like him. period! I think Sam would have gone ahead with the plans if Jacob wasn't so obviously unhappy with her choice. If Jacob had been neutral-I think that their would have been wedding. But with Jacob dying and very indirectly/directly challenging her-she was forced to take a look at what she was doing-which is why she attempted to approach Jack and told Pete the wedding was off
                        On the outside Sam was trying to convience everyone including herself that this was the right choice, but on the inside she was looking for a way out.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                          my dog has passed away today She had hold on till today she suffered a lot it was awefull to hear her suffering and whinning now I feel so terribly sad that I am crying LANA I'll never forget you !
                          ((((((((_Anubis)))))))) I'm so sorry to hear about Lana. At least she's at peace now and not in any pain. Big hugs to you.
                          sigpic

Comment

(((_Anubis))) Sorry for your loss.
                            sig by PM

Comment

On the outside Sam was trying to convience everyone including herself that this was the right choice, but on the inside she was looking for a way out.
                              you may very well be right you know. but as we have discussed many many times-there was absolutely
                              Spoiler:
                              nutting honey
                              telling us otherwise
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

but before i comment, what's LtE?

i've said it before, and i'll say it again... it's just plain easier to write UST than RST. as simple as a look and a touch vrs a bona fide relationship with all the bells and whistles.

UST is the fast-food of tv romance.

sally
                                LtE is my abbr. for Letters to the Editor. Couldn't remember the regular one--there is one, isn't there?

I like fast food, but notgoing on forever. Just like UST for a favorite couple.

Comment

Working...
                                X