X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

EDIT: It was already posted... too bad... *cough*
    DOUBLE THANKS!

I can't get enough of this kiss... and yours is bigger... and a bit slower... yum...

<Splash> Me likes the gutter!
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Congratulations, chelle db, on 4,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, Rachel500, on 1,300 posts!!!

Congratulations, Kales, on 1,100 posts!!!

Congratulations, BrenRen, on 500 posts!!!
      Oh thanks! I didn't notice And congrats to everyone else!

Okay, I'm actually going to bed now. Uh huh.

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
        Was randomly thinking of Window of Opportunity today...

And as much as I love the kiss...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/PDVD_290_jpg.jpg

What I really loved about the ep were the smug looks Jack gave Sam...
        http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/SmugJack.jpg

Not once, but twice...

Originally posted by trupi View Post
        I've seen that look in person and it can curl your toes!
        I'm still jealous! Just thinking of you seeing that look in person (and me not being there to see it too) makes my toes curl back the other way. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1-XF9 View Post
          She is so lucky....Now it's time for them...
          Spoiler:
          to make babies before it's too late. her clock is ticking!!!Why not a mini-carter!?!
          Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          Wow. What a world that would be! They would have the most precocious kids EVER. I've met some precocious kids, but I don't think any of them could compare to a mini Carter-O'Neill.
          It seems to me that it's the perfect time for Sam to be expecting. After all, AT has first-hand experience in how to act like a pregnant lady, which she didn't have two or three years ago. And by the same token, RDA knows exactly how to be the doting Daddy.
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I would be very surprised if Atlantis goes beyond Season 4 or the new series does well.TPTB are always looking for the next series and they forget to take care of there current business.I hate to say it but if we do not get any real ship in the 2nd Movie it may be the end of Sam/Jack.I'm worried were looking at another Moebius and I will not stand for another Moebius.

Comment

Thanks Beverly.I think I'll pass on reading about the second Movie.If I read it's anything like Moebius I'll go wacko.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                Excellent post, Caladria.

For me, CTOG is the start of Sam/Jack's relationship in the widest possible sense of the word but I don't think its love at first sight.

The First Briefing Scene - They obviously note how attractive the other one is and admittedly there's some flirting in amongst the feminist/scientist/soldier banter, but for me, Sam is hugely eager to prove herself professionally to Jack. She's read his reports, she wants on the team, she wants to prove she's just as capable as Kawalsky and Ferretti. And from his perspective, she's a scientist and someone he doesn't know; so she does have to prove herself to him and he's quite happy to let her run with that ball so to speak.

The Wormhole Trip - Her 'you'll like me when you get to know me' and his repost of 'I already do' is quite revealing because actually it shows how keen she is to get his approval and actually how impressed with her he already is (I go with the theory that although Jack's delivery was sarcastic actually he was hiding the fact he was sincere). The push through the wormhole is a nice touch because its starting to build the bond between them and it does show Jack was warming to her. (Imagine the story they can tell the grandkids 'Yes, Grandpa did push me through the wormhole the first time I went through' )

The Mission to Abydos - What I love is Jack's reaction to her wholehearted friendliness to Daniel, and their connection as scientists. There is a hint of jealousy...yet they are starting to bond; they sit together during the meal and the whiskey tasting...and she's definitely amused by him.

Her Assignment to SG1 - The moment Jack officially becomes her CO rather than just a one-off mission commander. Officially, they are the founding members of SG1 with Daniel added following his protest to Hammond that he should be on the team, and obviously Teal'c's later addition.

The Mission to Chulak - Again, more Sam trying to gain approval from Jack and working together to flee the prison.

When the mission ends, for me, the state of play is this: Jack likes Sam, he's maybe even attracted, but she's very much in the 'professional' box of his life at this point. Equally, I think for Sam, she likes him and is attracted but he's very much a CO who she wishes to impress rather than a man she wants to bed at this point.

All the *seeds* of attraction, likeability and potential affection between them are sown, and for me, what happens over time from that point forward is the two of them building on that; that their shared experiences deepen all of those initial sparks; the attraction grows, they fall enormously in like with one another and their friendly affection turns to something altogether more serious and heartfelt.
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Yahoo slides. Very nice and shippy just the way I like them

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                  Was randomly thinking of Window of Opportunity today...

And as much as I love the kiss...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...VD_290_jpg.jpg
                  What I really loved about the ep were the smug looks Jack gave Sam...
                  http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...1/SmugJack.jpg
                  Not once, but twice...
                  http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63.../SmugJack2.jpg

hehehe I bet you he was up to no good...oh wait we know he wasn't Love that episode though...all time fav

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                  Did I mention how much I love that episode...I mean I love it

Congrats from me too...already congrated Chelle earlier
                  [URL=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/JenniferJF/wow.gif[/URL]

EDIT: It was already posted... too bad... *cough*
                  and one more time...I LOVE THAT EPISODE!!! It is awesome it goes like this
                  Jenn is to Threads as
                  Brentz is to WoO
                  To me the episode has everything I need...a problem, some funny, some ship, and some drama....infact I'm going to watch it tonight to help me go to sleep...anything to drown out the fact that the little kids that live in the apartment above me sound like a heard of elephants doing the cha cha and its 11:30....ITS PAST BEDTIME!!!!

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                  I would be very surprised if Atlantis goes beyond Season 4 or the new series does well.TPTB are always looking for the next series and they forget to take care of there current business.I hate to say it but if we do not get any real ship in the 2nd Movie it may be the end of Sam/Jack.I'm worried were looking at another Moebius and I will not stand for another Moebius.
                  Happy thoughts happy thoughts.

Edit: I also didn't want to delete the image tags around either one of those kisses...but it was necessary to be nice to the dialup people...and I am going to bed...night shipper family (((shipper family))). Oh and I see there is a lot of talk about the second movie...I'm not reading, I'm not going to let my imagination run wild with thoughts...I am only looking at facts...so if you had some interesting thoughts in there thats why there are no interesting stars...though I know there were a few COTG posts earlier that deserved them...but I forgot I am so sorry...I was a little distracted today *glares at YIM and work*
                  Last edited by cess525; 03 April 2007, 07:53 PM.
                  sigpic
                  GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Forgive me for going backwards but...
                    I was watching Redemption today and noted the scene where Jonas asks how he would know what color to wear and Sam say 'We call each other in the morning.'
                    This is the beginning of Threads
                    enough said.
                    At the end of Threads - this scene is just after Sam and Jack talk in the observation room

They are again in sync (both in green - I know it's hard to see)
                    Last edited by Zoser; 03 April 2007, 08:07 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

LOL! Yup, I'd rather have Scotty than Shanks.
                      Gotta be quick about it as he (Scotty) is going into space this month (or at least part of him). " Beam me up."

P.S Just read today about him(and 200 others) being all ready for the trip, so not trying to be disrespectful. Rest in space, Jimmy!

Comment

More Continuum...

Spoiler:

One side of me, (aka the hopeless romantic), is actually still very hopeful that we will get a resolution. Despite the 'SG1 will last as long as the fans support it' message, I do think they're considering Continuum to be the last. They have the third series, both of which RC and BW are meant to be producing, to focus on in 2008 so I can't see them doing another movie.

On that basis, although Sam's character is still involved in Atlantis, I can see them actually giving S/J something in Continuum especially as they do have RDA. With the hints in S10, and the fact that they did do D/V in Unending, JM's blog which actually noted that he's in support of a resolution before the end and the fact AT has expressed a wish to see it resolved and RDA wanted to return to tie up loose ends, there is a lot of circumstantial evidence stacking up in the 'Resolution Likely to Happen' column.

However, the other side of me (aka the cynical realist), is looking at the BW comment and wondering just how much of Jack we'll get in the movie and if Jack will be AU. Like I said, I consider it a reality check and quite frankly, I don't completely and wholly trust TPTB to come through with a completely overt, explicit positive resolution between our Sam and Jack. The cynic in me notes, for instant, that D/V in Unending was as Alt Timeline as Sam/Jack in Moebius, that while JM may be in support of a resolution, BW is actually producing Continuum, that they all might still consider fishing as resolution. The cynical realist has been disappointed too many times.

The cynic and the romantic jointly wonder whether they'll play with us the whole movie with AU 'Jacks' (if they are zipping back and forth in time) until the end scene when they might show Sam going home to *her* (ie. our) Jack complete with BHK and a 'How was your day?' confirming the two of them are married/together....and I have to admit I could probably live with that...

*sigh*

How long till the movie is released?
                        Rachel, Great synopsis. Pretty much what I've been thinking too.

LOL...and I thought I was the only one who had the battle of the "cynic vs. romantic" going on in her brain! I'm hoping the romantic wins this round!

No..no..no..RDA is The Man!

click for bigger
                        dipsofjazz, I must concur with you on that one!

This is a great idea. I'd love to meet my fellow shippers at AT3.
                        Wow, this would be so much fun! Already saving my pennies for AT3!

<snip>

Thank you. OK, so I'm on holiday this week and the writing table is almost empty (apart from finishing off Aftershocks S2 and my original stuff) and I'm debating about what I write next...

1. Sam/Jack story set just after Abyss dealing with an AU Daniel visiting

2. Sam/Jack story set during Bad Guys in S10

3. Sam/Jack story set just after WoO and deals with Sam and Jack being stranded out of phase together...

Which one do I write? Decisions, decisions, decisions....
                        Rachel, All of them!

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

I had a dream about Sam and Jack the other night too. I was at a hospital, and Sam (extremely pregnant) was being wheeled into the ER on a gurney. I jumped up out of my seat, ran over to the gurney, shook my finger in her face and said, "That sure as he** better be Jack O'Neill's baby!"

That's all I remember. Me thinks I need to de-stress a little....
                          sg-1fanintn, LOL! Too funny! Wish I could green you for that!

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

And that's a joke because....
                            Spoiler:
                            You do know that's why she was in DC, right? Only, I think she'd refer to it as 'fishing'.

I wrote a tag for Flesh and Blood late last year in which that was used as the reason to get Sam to D.C. someone's likely to wonder why the Pres keeps needing Sam to personally debrief him quite so often, though it seems Danny may have figured it out.

And, I meant to post these with my last post but photobucket had issues:

I read somewhere recently, maybe in another GW thread, that (let's see if I can get it right)
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam would brief the Pres, but he would debrief her, because it depends on who has the info to tell, and who has to ask the questions. Spoils a lot of jokes, anyway.
                            Last edited by Gatetrixer; 03 April 2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Shipper Get Together=Shore Leave 29
                              They wouldn't let me green you, but just wanted to say I'm happy for you and all the fans of your team, but I wanted CVS to finally win one. (And you sure got that up quick!)

Comment

Congratulations, chelle db, on 4,000 posts!!!

Congrats from me too everyone

***feels useless posting this**

And great COTG posts Loved reading them this morning*just minutes after i waked up...with ship*

And B YIM distracts you? We poor innocent, very cute, and sweet girls do that? And work...you are supposed to do that on work...ya know working

And about WoO and those kisses...oye...there went my gutterless morning I am in the gutter again Love that episode...and that kiss But the whole episode is funny, and that makes it great...i love funny
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X