Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is slightly OT...but I still hope you don't mind...

I made a new vid today...I must say it is a really sad vid

Title: photographs & memories
    song: Jim Crocke
    Summary: Sam and how she looks back at things... it is a Sam/team vid (but not only the team)
    links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOfZMd36FHc
    http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...tItemId=244939

Reviews are more then welcome...and I hope you all like it

lyrics:
    Spoiler:
    Photographs and memories
    Christmas cards you sent to me
    All that I have are these
    To remember you

Memories that come at night
    Take me to another time
    Back to a happier day
    When I called you mine

But we sure had a good time
    When we started way back when
    Morning walks and bedroom talks
    Oh how I loved you then

Summer skies and lullabies
    Nights we couldnt say good-bye
    And of all of the things that we knew
    Not a dream survived

Photographs and memories
    All the love you gave to me
    Somehow it just cant be true
    Thats all Ive left of you

Oh how I loved you then

grumble...I so hate myself for not being able to sleep...why can't I sleep??? I mean I have been awake for so long now and still I am up....I better be able to sleep tonight if not I will be a crancky little person..grrr...

Eve tries to go back to her happy place where Sam and Jack are
    Spoiler:
    soooo married

Comment

Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
      They are waiting until the war is over.
      See, I think in RnT: (very, very mild spoiler for RnT, nothing really plot related)
      Spoiler:
      It was made clear, IMHO, that they wouldn't wait until the war is over. Remember when someone (I think McKay) mentions they could restore some freedoms once the war is over, and Sam comments basically that it never will be, there will always be some threat to Earth's security.
      Which shows Sam understands now that you can't put off your life until later, when things have settled down/got better - when the war is over. Because there will always be something. You gotta grab it and deal with it and just live... So that explanation, given what Sam has said IN CANON, would make no sense and be one of those typical "TV excuses".

Speaking of pathetic TV excuses and character manipulation:
      Originally posted by trupi View Post
      OT- Bought "Beauty and the Beast" Season1 and guess who was one of the regulars-Kowalski-with bushy brown hair. Forgot how good this show was!
      I remembered that. But talk about TPTB playing the Evil Genie and giving fans exactly what they wanted in the worst concievable way. Considering SG-1 TPTB were faced with a fairly similar situation to that of B&B (one part of 'the ship' leaving), I'd say the SG-1 TPTB handled the situation remarkable\y well. Comparatively.

And (I hope someone reads this): I loved B&B UNTIL that point and refuse to buy the DVD for that very reason. Same with the Lois and Clark, DVDs, BTW.

I'm just saying... I hope they don't blow up the relationship equivalent of the SGC
      Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      Re: the fishing. I believe she got it very early. (Y'all get out of the gutter cuz I do not mean what yer thinkin'.) <cut> I can't remember if there was ever mention about whether Sam ever had much of a social life but I've always assumed she was too busy working for that kind of stuff.
      I actually do agree, she got what fishing meant early, but she never thought it was something she'd ever want to do. I think Sam was always a work-aholic. Take Other Side, Curse, and Ascension off the top of my head when Jack tells her to 'get a life' and learn to relax. So, definitely.

I know this is terribly un-shippy of me, but I've always thought the fishing aspect of the Sam/Jack relationship was a larger version of what Jack did to the alien child in Learning Curve -- taught her to play. I think, very much like that child, that Sam had never considered 'play' or having a life outside of her work and accomplishments as being important. So most of her effort and energy went into what she considered important - her professional life and accomplishments. Until Grace, of course, when she decided to put energy into her personal life (and having had little real practice I believe she devised a terrible 'plan', but that's a different story.)

So I believe 'fishing' has less to do with the gutter and more to do with Sam's ability to make herself and her personal life a priority, to realize she has a right and a need to be a whole person, and to learn to sit back, do nothing, and just 'play'. Jack is one aspect of that, and he along with Jacob were instrumental in getting her to that point. I don't think fishing is just about Jack, though, even though I do think because of their relationship and its significance to Sam her ability to fish does imply she now has a relationship with Jack which also involves 'fishing'. I think being able to fish means Sam is allowing herself the things she needs and wants, which definitely include Jack and a real full relationship with him. She is no longer making her professional life and her accomplishments her only real priority, but is more balanced. So overall I believe 'fishing' is more about Jack helping Sam become more truly herself and the complete person she can be. But, really, isn't that what love does?

And, of course, that's why in LitS
      Spoiler:
      Fishing is her password. It represents her newly important personal life, because I suspect she didn't even HAVE a personal directory with personal files in it before... Of course, if she and Jack had tried to get together and it had failed, the negative connotation of the concept would be so strong she'd no longer use that as a password, and if they were waiting until the war were over, the whole concept behind 'fishing' would be lost, hence the destruction of Sam's character growth and integrity. Which is why I found that bit to be both incredibly significant in proving the Sam and Jack were still together and in showing the incredible personal growth Sam has gone through during the show

And if your still reading this.. WOW!

You get a present: (not spoilers)
      Spoiler:

OT: You might also recognize Pascal from B&B as a certain guy who ran around the forest with leaves in his hair....

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        They get there in the end, though, don't they?

Which could go a long way towards explaining why she grabs his hand so definitely and why he so clearly knows something has changed....

And, more slides:

I'm going to be done with these slides fairly soon, and I didn't get my DVDs today... *sigh* Oh, well, should still be able to finish FB by Friday...
        Love the slides Jenn...

And i hope you get your dvd's soon We need slides...and that shippy season is important

**still weird image to think that you can be snowed in...thinks a person that lives on a place with almost no snow**

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
        Yep! We're fun people!

I even have my very own First Prime now. She is skillful and cunning. *hugs Hannah*
        Poor Hannah....you as her lord....

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
        She's been waiting for it to go to DVD. I guess I'll be able to watch it soon.

Oh, OnT:

because
        Spoiler:
        they're so
        Spoiler:
        doing it
        And i had to push twice on the button.....that is evil...
        that is something i would do

Love it

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Summary: Sam and how she looks back at things... it is a Sam/team vid (but not only the team)

<snip>

grumble...I so hate myself for not being able to sleep...why can't I sleep??? I mean I have been awake for so long now and still I am up....I better be able to sleep tonight if not I will be a crancky little person..grrr...

Spoiler:
        soooo married
        Love the vid eve and the sentence ad the end soo good...and true

Maybe you should try to watch an SG episode for sleeping...it works to get in sleep...and you have shippy dreams then to...even when there is almost no ship in the episode...shippy dreams(only Jack and Sam needed)

And crancky eve...aye
        sigpic

Comment

lyrics:
          Spoiler:
          Photographs and memories
          To remember you

Take me to another time
          Back to a happier day
          When I called you mine

Oh how I loved you then

Not a dream survived

Photographs and memories

Oh how I loved you then

Spoiler:
          soooo married
          ((((((eve))))))

Try counting stargates Cranky eve can't possibly be a fun eve!

Your happy places sounds like Heaven Go there, go there!

The video, again, is awesome and so beautifully done. The image sequence fits the song and although I wasn't sure on the song at first having seen the video I am now 100% sure this was the song for you.

Wendy
          Hugs

Sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep *sending sleepy vibes*
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

See, I think in RnT: (very, very mild spoiler for RnT, nothing really plot related)
            Spoiler:
            It was made clear, IMHO, that they wouldn't wait until the war is over. Remember when someone (I think McKay) mentions they could restore some freedoms once the war is over, and Sam comments basically that it never will be, there will always be some threat to Earth's security.
            Which shows Sam understands now that you can't put off your life until later, when things have settled down/got better - when the war is over. Because there will always be something. You gotta grab it and deal with it and just live... So that explanation, given what Sam has said IN CANON, would make no sense and be one of those typical "TV excuses".

Speaking of pathetic TV excuses and character manipulation:
            I remembered that. But talk about TPTB playing the Evil Genie and giving fans exactly what they wanted in the worst concievable way. Considering SG-1 TPTB were faced with a fairly similar situation to that of B&B (one part of 'the ship' leaving), I'd say the SG-1 TPTB handled the situation remarkable\y well. Comparatively.

And (I hope someone reads this): I loved B&B UNTIL that point and refuse to buy the DVD for that very reason. Same with the Lois and Clark, DVDs, BTW.

I'm just saying... I hope they don't blow up the relationship equivalent of the SGC
            I actually do agree, she got what fishing meant early, but she never thought it was something she'd ever want to do. I think Sam was always a work-aholic. Take Other Side, Curse, and Ascension off the top of my head when Jack tells her to 'get a life' and learn to relax. So, definitely.

I know this is terribly un-shippy of me, but I've always thought the fishing aspect of the Sam/Jack relationship was a larger version of what Jack did to the alien child in Learning Curve -- taught her to play. I think, very much like that child, that Sam had never considered 'play' or having a life outside of her work and accomplishments as being important. So most of her effort and energy went into what she considered important - her professional life and accomplishments. Until Grace, of course, when she decided to put energy into her personal life (and having had little real practice I believe she devised a terrible 'plan', but that's a different story.)

So I believe 'fishing' has less to do with the gutter and more to do with Sam's ability to make herself and her personal life a priority, to realize she has a right and a need to be a whole person, and to learn to sit back, do nothing, and just 'play'. Jack is one aspect of that, and he along with Jacob were instrumental in getting her to that point. I don't think fishing is just about Jack, though, even though I do think because of their relationship and its significance to Sam her ability to fish does imply she now has a relationship with Jack which also involves 'fishing'. I think being able to fish means Sam is allowing herself the things she needs and wants, which definitely include Jack and a real full relationship with him. She is no longer making her professional life and her accomplishments her only real priority, but is more balanced. So overall I believe 'fishing' is more about Jack helping Sam become more truly herself and the complete person she can be. But, really, isn't that what love does?

And, of course, that's why in LitS
            Spoiler:
            Fishing is her password. It represents her newly important personal life, because I suspect she didn't even HAVE a personal directory with personal files in it before... Of course, if she and Jack had tried to get together and it had failed, the negative connotation of the concept would be so strong she'd no longer use that as a password, and if they were waiting until the war were over, the whole concept behind 'fishing' would be lost, hence the destruction of Sam's character growth and integrity. Which is why I found that bit to be both incredibly significant in proving the Sam and Jack were still together and in showing the incredible personal growth Sam has gone through during the show

And if your still reading this.. WOW!

You get a present: (not spoilers)
            Spoiler:

Yes this bears repeating
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
              She's been waiting for it to go to DVD. I guess I'll be able to watch it soon.

Oh, OnT:

because
              Spoiler:
              they're so
              Spoiler:
              doing it
              What's this I see...oh oh yep this just jumped right out of my purse...

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
              Poor you. Snowed in and nothing else to do but watch Sam and Jack episodes. Fess up... how much argument did you not put up before you made that promise?

Re: the fishing. I believe she got it very early. (Y'all get out of the gutter cuz I do not mean what yer thinkin'.) Back when she went chasing after him before he got zapped away by Thor, she knew. LOL, I really love her reaction to Jack disappearing. Anyway, I like to think that had she gone fishing then (assuming Thor hadn't interfered) the trip would have been completely platonic. Gutter-Me and I fight about this all the time but I always win. At that point in their lives Sam needed a friend more than a lover. I can't remember if there was ever mention about whether Sam ever had much of a social life but I've always assumed she was too busy working for that kind of stuff.
              I believe you are right that she needed more of a friend at that time. I really don't think Sam ever had much of a social life. I think she always had fun at what she was doing but never knew how to actually relax. So your assessment of fishing back in season 4 I agree at that time it would be as friends. My gutter mind fights with me too on that...but I always remember that statement Jack made about "go fly a kite" (or thats how my brain summed it up) and that was in season 6 right? because of some reason I think Jonas was there...someone know what I'm talking about or just going crazy....

lyrics:
              Spoiler:
              Photographs and memories
              To remember you

Take me to another time
              Back to a happier day
              When I called you mine

Oh how I loved you then

Not a dream survived

Photographs and memories

Oh how I loved you then

Spoiler:
              soooo married
              ((((Eve)))) Good job.
              Hope you found your way to your happy place...think rubber duckie think hampster dance...
              Oh yeah and you get one of these awesome little gold things...

note: I really have to redo that gold star...its not as awesome as the gutter star anymore...for star making its all about paint...PS didn't work to well as seen by the gold star.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              what you've said suddenly made me think of what color negligee sam would have worn on her honeymoon. i think you're right about blue being her color, so i could see her wearing a midnight blue silky negligee and jack's jaw dropping open. sam would say, 'you approve?'. jack would say, 'yababaa... '. sam would smile and say, 'i guess that means yes'.

~sighs~

sally
              You got that out of wendy's quote on what color clothes Sam would were...yeah that gets you one of these...
              sigpic
              GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

So what's your opinion why haven't TPTBs properly resolved the ship by now? (I personaly don't consider dropping those silly little hints here and there proper resolution)
                IMHO they want to keep Sam's shipping options open. Consider this for a while: If they continue to make SG-1 DVD-films for the next 10 years (probably RDA won't be in them) and I fear they'll hook her up with Cam or Mckay. Thankfully I didn't watch S9-S10 and I can easily draw a line between the old show and the new (can be seen as an AU).

Another qs:What did you think TPTBs wanted "Line in the Sand" to mean? Could it be a goodbye for S/J possibility of a relationship ?
                Spoiler:

her password was fishing, but Cam said she has to change it now and they looked really cosy in the infirmary

I think a lot bodes down on how the relationships will evolve in "Unending"
                Spoiler:

If Sam remains single for 50 years and she mentions Jack (highly unlikely) I think we may have some hopes for the future...

Enough said
                /end rant
                * off rereading "Pride and Prejudice"...

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                  So what's your opinion why haven't TPTBs properly resolved the ship by now? (I personaly don't consider dropping those silly little hints here and there proper resolution)
                  IMHO they want to keep Sam's shipping options open. Consider this for a while: If they continue to make SG-1 DVD-films for the next 10 years (probably RDA won't be in them) and I fear they'll hook her up with Cam or Mckay. Thankfully I didn't watch S9-S10 and I can easily draw a line between the old show and the new (can be seen as an AU).

Another qs:What did you think TPTBs wanted "Line in the Sand" to mean? Could it be a goodbye for S/J possibility of a relationship ?
                  Spoiler:

her password was fishing, but Cam said she has to change it now and they looked really cosy in the infirmary

I think a lot bodes down on how the relationships will evolve in "Unending"
                  Spoiler:

If Sam remains single for 50 years and she mentions Jack (highly unlikely) I think we may have some hopes for the future...

Enough said
                  /end rant
                  * off rereading "Pride and Prejudice"...
                  Nope. Not going to ship her with anyone else. Would anger EVERYBODY except the very tiny fraction of people who would want her shipped with someone else. I really think they're keeping their options open as to doing more with Sam/Jack in the future, not wanting to be to blatant if they don't have to and annoy those who don't want to see more, AND - I think this is honestly the biggest reason - they are enjoying messing with our minds.

I know, amazing, but... considering... Yeah. Her being shipped with someone else, I consider LitS and RnT made it pretty clear they're not going to do that since all I saw was very strong friendship and respect. And her changing it was a joke and his way of trying to make the situation less serious (a bad Cam joke, but aren't they all?!?)

Comment

Nope. Not going to ship her with anyone else. Would anger EVERYBODY except the very tiny fraction of people who would want her shipped with someone else. I really think they're keeping their options open as to doing more with Sam/Jack in the future, not wanting to be to blatant if they don't have to and annoy those who don't want to see more, AND - I think this is honestly the biggest reason - they are enjoying messing with our minds.

I know, amazing, but... considering... Yeah. Her being shipped with someone else, I consider LitS and RnT made it pretty clear they're not going to do that since all I saw was very strong friendship and respect. And her changing it was a joke and his way of trying to make the situation less serious (a bad Cam joke, but aren't they all?!?)
                    So then you think the title "LITS" reffered more to the war with the Ori rather than to Sam's personal life ?

Comment

So then you think the title "LITS" reffered more to the war with the Ori rather than to Sam's personal life ?
                      Absolutely. Don't think it refered to her personal life at all -- the concept of Line in the Sand doesn't really even apply to the kind of thing you're worried about here, anyway. Also, considering 95% of all people who watch that episode won't understand the significance of her password at ALL, I can't believe it was part of the thought process in naming the episode. They would have made it a heck of a lot more obvious.

Never confuse what is hugely significant to fans with what is significant to the average viewer. TPTB for SG-1 do a pretty good job of throwing in nuggets, like that one, for fans, but they don't build entire episodes around them generally. Sometimes, a Line in the Sand really is just a Line in the Sand.

Please describe more why you thought it did refer to her personal life, as I've never seen or considered that possibility before.
                      Last edited by JenniferJF; 25 February 2007, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Absolutely. Don't think it refered to her personal life at all -- the concept of Line in the Sand doesn't really even apply to the kind of thing you're worried about here, anyway. Also, considering 95% of all people who watch that episode won't understand the significance of her password at ALL, I can't believe it was part of the thought process in naming the episode. They would have made it a heck of a lot more obvious.

Never confuse what is hugely significant to fans with what is significant to the average viewer. TPTB for SG-1 do a pretty good job of throwing in nuggets, like that one, for fans, but they don't build entire episodes around them generally. Sometimes, a Line in the Sand really is just a Line in the Sand.

Please describe more whey you thought it did refer to her personal life, as I've never seen or considered that possibility before.
                        Something similar to "Grace" when she gave up on Jack, changing the password meaning that she might give up on him again...
                        About the password, I think the real fans (not only shippers) know what it means...

Comment

Something similar to "Grace" when she gave up on Jack, changing the password meaning that she might give up on him again...
                          About the password, I think the real fans (not only shippers) know what it means...
                          Many fans will, I wasn't talking about fans. I was talking about the vast majority of viewers, the 95% who aren't huge 'fans' but who watch every episode and often own the DVDs and who wouldn't get the significance. Like my husband. And my parents. And my sister-in-law.

And she would have to change the password because she told it to Cam, and he is sort of implying they're not close enough for him to be safe with her password... So if anything they're implying the exact opposite of her leaving Jack. Cam isn't even in the circle of people who she'd typically want to have that sort of information.

Which is irrelevant, really, because as I said, I'm fairly certain Cam was making yet another pathetic and awkward "Cam joke" to try to lighten the mood.

EDIT: Also, watch how awkward Sam seems in the final scene with Cam.. she's not really that much closer to him than she was at the beginning.

Comment

Also, watch how awkward Sam seems in the final scene with Cam.. she's not really that much closer to him than she was at the beginning.
                            I immediately contrasted this with how much closer she and Jack became after their shared near-death experience in Solitudes. I always think of that as the episode that really solidified their genuine friendship.
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                              I immediately contrasted this with how much closer she and Jack became after their shared near-death experience in Solitudes. I always think of that as the episode that really solidified their genuine friendship.
                              And to contrast yet again... Compare the beginning scenes when Jack asks Sam to go fishing in Small Victories to that of Nemesis. The time they spent together between the seasons definitely had an impact on their relationship, and between those two they've clearly moved closer than just friends. She's so relaxed and comfortably 'flirty' with him in Nemesis. Sort of the emotional equivalent of the physical closeness in Into the Fire. As Anne said about Into the Fire and their freedom to express their desire to be physically close, they're so obvious about they're emotional intimacy because they haven't realized it themselves nor analyzed yet what their closeness means... Give it a few episodes *sigh*

Comment

I usually try not to post twice in a row, but wanted to share this:

I love the angsty looks and the simple comfort that you can barely catch, showing that stuff like the Upgrades forcefield scene happen all the time, only without the Za'tarc device even Sam and Jack may not be aware of it...

Comment

Working...
                                X