X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So just popping in to say hi.

Welcome to the newbies!

Congrats on the milestones!

And Happy Birthday to anyone I've missed!
    sigpic
    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      Good post as usual but gotta disagree with you on this. Jacob's pretty plain that he expects Sam will leave the air force in his conversation with her (pointing out that she only joined because of him); IMO, he wasn't giving her permission to 'screw the regs' but he was giving her permission to make changes in her working life so she could be with the person she really loved (Jack) and hence be happy.
      No, I don't really think Jacob was saying screw the regs as in ignore them, because I don't think they did. As I've said, technically, they've been in violation of the regs probably since about Fire and Water (which I watched last night and think that was the first time they really crossed the line). I think he was saying one of the primary reasons for the regs don't apply to Sam and Jack... she doesn't just have a crush on him and he's not just taking advantage of his position. So as you said, they should do whatever was necessary professionally to get together personally. He needed her to know that her priorities were wrong and she deserved personal happiness with the man she loved and he would understand her reprioritizing. Since he is probably largely responsible for her priorities being slightly... twisted... in the first place, this coming from him was hugely important.

I love the "I love my job" and the look he gives her. Because, lets face it, no matter how much enjoyment and satisfaction you get from your job, that ain't LOVE.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
        Can you imagine the sales if they finally wisened up and put out an Official SG1 book chronicalling the ship? They'd be flying off the shelves!
        Need a co-author?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          No, I don't really think Jacob was saying screw the regs as in ignore them, because I don't think they did. As I've said, technically, they've been in violation of the regs probably since about Fire and Water (which I watched last night and think that was the first time they really crossed the line). I think he was saying one of the primary reasons for the regs don't apply to Sam and Jack... she doesn't just have a crush on him and he's not just taking advantage of his position. So as you said, they should do whatever was necessary professionally to get together personally. He needed her to know that her priorities were wrong and she deserved personal happiness with the man she loved and he would understand her reprioritizing. Since he is probably largely responsible for her priorities being slightly... twisted... in the first place, this coming from him was hugely important.

I love the "I love my job" and the look he gives her. Because, lets face it, no matter how much enjoyment and satisfaction you get from your job, that ain't LOVE.
          I totally agree Jennifer.

I will have to go back and watch Fire and Water. Has been a while since I have seen that one.
          sigpic
          Sig made by me

Comment

See, I disagree. But I know a lot of people disagree with me, so *shrugs*. My reason is that he looks so hopeful, like she might finally be opening up to him, when she thanks him, then so crestfallen and dissapointed when she says 'nothing'. Then there's such a saddenness and almost-bitterness when he tells her he's got a whole lot of nothing. It always breaks my heart. And the fact that he really did do nothing to bring her home is part of the problem. I don't think he feels she needs him because she is so complete and capable on her own -- more so than he, in his opinion. What can he add to her?

Later in Threads, that scene is replayed almost exactly in the 'Always' scene, only this time Sam has figured things out, is willing to take the HUGE emotional/professional risk of opening completely to Jack (ohh...<splash>) and so she gives him the answer he needed... the reason she loves him, which I don't think he's EVER understood and thus never fully believed... Which, ironically, is really no reason at all except she wants him with her... and that simple explanation finally, IMHO, convinces him she really does need/want/love him (because I'd suspect it's the reason he loves her ), and he gives himself... (though there is one second of almost-fear there when I think he realizes, 'crap! I just signed for her!'

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3...yswords3cc.gif

My fully animated gif of the 'Always' scene. I really wouldn't click if I didn't have broadband...
            Love the gif Jenn...and your so right with it

And Threads is still very cool...last night i started with watching it from my bed...now i have cleaned my room i can do that
            But the bad thing was i fel asleep when i was watching it ...but ironically i woke up just before the always scene...and saw that...and then i went back to shippy dreamland again...jup i slept very well this night...nothing better then going to bed with lots of ship in your head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lizzyshoe View Post
              Is this the proper place to introduce myself? Oh well. I'm new to the forum fandom medium. I'm way better at lurking than posting, but I'm a huge fan of S/J. I'm planning on storming TPTB if the ship doesn't get resolved by the finale. I have mixed feelings over the little tidbits they've been feeding us this season...

Anywho. Hiya! I'm lizzyshoe. Nice to meet everyone!

And re:bandcamp, I've been 6 times, once as drum major. Oh, plus that time last year when I just went to help out, and to look out for my bro who's in the drumline now. Bandcamp is awesome. And more interesting when you play the flute/picc. Flute angles, gorram it!

S/J yay *squee*
              WELCOME LIZZYSHOE!!! Nice to see there is another long time lurker delurking (delurked recently myself)

Originally posted by zuz View Post
              You now, sometimes I'm just really sorry there are no Stargate events here in the Czech Republic. I look at all your marvelous pictures from events like Avalon and read through your reports and think how great it'd have been. But then I imagine my possible reaction upon seeing Rick and Amanda in all their glory and I know it would have been really BAAAD.
              Something like this would surely happen:
              You know all the interesting ones seems to be really far away from me too or the ones I could go to are on weekend when I have other things to do...like get married or graduate or work . Maybe one of these days...but at least we do get to see pictures from other people and read their reports...imagine if we didnt have that. Thanks to all that do report back to us

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
              Thank you, Terrah! I was just mesmerized by these! She found the weapon strapped to his leg really easily...almost as if she had helped him dress!!!

PG forum! PG forum....
              Again the PG forum that puts me in the gutter more times in 10 minutes than if I were watching an R rated movie.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              Maybe we should find out:
              Does this thread just attract a lot of band members or are all band members shippers?
              Not a band member...though the band instructor at one time thought I was a band member because I was in his classroom alot before school (had lots of band friends.)

If I have missed any milestones CONGRATS
              sigpic
              GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Well, there's something else we all have in common! I knew there was a reason I liked you girls! I was a band member and involved in speech meets all through high school and part of college! Hmmm...if any more people say they were too, we might want to consider a poll to see if band, forensics and sci fi go together!!! Tee-hee!
                Hmmmm....I wonder if there IS a correlation?
                Oh, sure.....blame it on me. Just admit it, Jena...you just ENJOYED it!!!

* runs and hides *
                Well...I did love it....a lot.
                Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                :loL: is it so addicting then??

and shippy dreams are always good
                btw you are going to bed, when i'm already awake again...FCOL how late is it there??

And your still online**sorry had to say it**
                It was around 5 AM and I promise I was in bed no matter what GW says! It lies!
                See, I disagree. But I know a lot of people disagree with me, so *shrugs*.
                But no one's in your head! *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF;6229026
                  I just love her looks there. Little things can speak volumes, especially when it's AT.

This sort of sums up my feelings on what was happening:
                  [IMG
                  http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9086/criticalmasssigfn1.jpg[/IMG]
                  Great pictures, perfect phrase, thanks!

See, I disagree. But I know a lot of people disagree with me, so *shrugs*. My reason is that he looks so hopeful, like she might finally be opening up to him, when she thanks him, then so crestfallen and dissapointed when she says 'nothing'. Then there's such a saddenness and almost-bitterness when he tells her he's got a whole lot of nothing. It always breaks my heart. And the fact that he really did do nothing to bring her home is part of the problem. I don't think he feels she needs him because she is so complete and capable on her own -- more so than he, in his opinion. What can he add to her?

Later in Threads, that scene is replayed almost exactly in the 'Always' scene, only this time Sam has figured things out, is willing to take the HUGE emotional/professional risk of opening completely to Jack (ohh...<splash>) and so she gives him the answer he needed... the reason she loves him, which I don't think he's EVER understood and thus never fully believed... Which, ironically, is really no reason at all except she wants him with her... and that simple explanation finally, IMHO, convinces him she really does need/want/love him (because I'd suspect it's the reason he loves her ), and he gives himself... (though there is one second of almost-fear there when I think he realizes, 'crap! I just signed for her!'

My fully animated gif of the 'Always' scene. I really wouldn't click if I didn't have broadband...
                  Gosh, that is sad, I'll have to pay better attention when I watch Grace again - you may be right, because I remember thinking to myself she was finally going to say something to Jack, then she didn't, and I was disappointed, so maybe Jack was too... good insights!
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

Welcome Welcome Lizzyshoe!!!
                    Staying with this weeks theme Red Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc
                      See, I took Jack's comment as a joke to make her smile, not as he's accepts himself as "nothing".

Thank you, sir.
                      For what?
                      Nothing.
                      Think nothing of it. I got plenty of that.

He didn't go out and rescue her, and had nothing to do with bringing her home. When Sam thanks him, there was no reason from his POV for her to thank him so his comment makes sense as a joke.

I recently watched the Fifth Man. When Tyler tried to thank Jack, Jack made a joke. Tyler looked at him funny and Jack said something like I use humor to distract attention from myself. Jack is the type of guy who uses humor to hide behind, soon as feelings start to surface and he feels uncomfortable, a joke pops out of his mouth.

In Threads when Sam said "thank you" and he responded with "Always" was probably the first time no joke was made. He didn't use humor to get out of the situation. He wanted her to know how he truely felt and not hide behind humor.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I agree, everytime I watch Grace I think she is finally going to say something...even though I know she is going to say 'nothing'. It just seems like she really is going to open up to him right then and my little shippy mind forget everytime that it ends with NOTHING.

LMAO with the 'crap I just signed for her;
                        sigpic
                        GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
                          LMAO with the 'crap I just signed for her;
                          Yeah...that gives me a chuckle too. Jenn's funny.

Gotta go for now! Later.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah View Post
                            Staying with this weeks theme Red Sky.

This one.. my hubby pointed out the gutterness here... Naughty boy.

Comment

you have no idea what a friend of mine ever send as a manip of that pic...
                              I was shocked...as in really shocked...I actually deleted that immediatly...So you get the picture eh lol...Well you don't get it

Btw OT rant: I HATE BEING SICK...really don't like it at all...Brings me to a lovely question to ask all of you... What would Jack do when Sam was sick at home? How would he spoil his wife... (wow see how I can make something OT to on topic )

Comment

aw Jenn...why do ya always have to pull me in the gutter again...just when i;m not in it...i'm almost 24/7 in it now
                                Everytime i don't see the gutter...or i'm missing it...you see it..and pull me back into the gutter...please continue doing that
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X