This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    I totally agree, and Pegasus Project is one of my recent favs.
    Spoiler:
    I like how, now that Sam is with Jack and confident in her personal life, she treats McKay differently. More amused tolerance than the true dislike we saw before. It was Cam who shut McKay down, probably didn't want to see him get himself into trouble unwittingly with the big boss... Oh, and as we've seen, Weir knows Jack and Sam are together

That's my universe, and I'm living in it.
    I'm telling you Weir was at the wedding and she looked lovely. She totally knows! I guess the reasons listed above are why I'm not worried about Sam in SGA affecting the ship. Besides from what I've read about
    Spoiler:
    The Return 2, it sounds like the our ship is more alive on SGA than it is on SG1. Jack mentioning Sam twice! SQUEEEE! PP was awesome, and you are right about the difference in the way Sam treats McKay. She no longer has anything to prove. No reason to get mad since she is with Jack.

Comment

You know we've been seriously ship-deprived when Jack mentions Carter's NAME and we all start squeeing. lol

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
        Can I just say that I've decided to stay very firmly in the land of Denial? It's lovely here. Nice view, the weather is great, and
        Spoiler:
        the kiss is sooooo gonna be Sam and Jack. After all what's a little kiss between a married couple?
        May I join you? Sounds great
        sigpic
        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
          YOU can start writing more of your patented awesome FIC, dearie!! We're gonna need it. How's that for being voluntold?!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            You know we've been seriously ship-deprived when Jack mentions Carter's NAME and we all start squeeing. lol
            sigpic

Comment

YOU can start writing more of your patented awesome FIC, dearie!! We're gonna need it. How's that for being voluntold?!
              Well, that's told me!

I have to admit I've been a little distracted since I got back from Avalon but I'll get back down to writing tomorrow; newly inspired!
              sigpic

Comment

Well I've come to the realization that the odds are not in my favor that I will get what I want when it comes to the Sam/Jack relationship onscreen so I've decided to simply ignore the things that don't fit in with where I think things should be going. My friends say that that is slightly insane but I tell them to stop being so glass half empty. If I'm slightly insane that means that I'm still at least mosly sane.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

LOL! Yeah, but it was the WAY he said her name ... See, AT has nothing to fear for Sam, it's Jack who's definitely "Sam's guy." She's wrapped him around her... Um... *pg thoughts* *pg thoughts*...

All I can think about is that mole reference. I'm going to stop typing now.

Comment

Okay i had the feeling that things were a little negative in here, so i made a Wallpaper for my 900th post and the negative thing around here
                    Thanx for Eve/Replicartertje and Jenn/JenniferF that helped me with the text

It's in spoiler tags because i used pics from 200&EDM

Spoiler:
                    there are two versions(i couldn't choose which one was the best):
                    It's a thumbnail again

I hope you all like it
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL! Yeah, but it was the WAY he said her name ... See, AT has nothing to fear for Sam, it's Jack who's definitely "Sam's guy." She's wrapped him around her... Um... *pg thoughts* *pg thoughts*...

All I can think about is that mole reference. I'm going to stop typing now.
                      yep keep it PG...and jack is pining for sam not the other way around
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                        Okay i had the feeling that things were a little negative in here, so i made a Wallpaper for my 900th post and the negative thing around here

Spoiler:
                        It's a thumbnail again

I hope you all like it
                        I love it, of course. And CONGRATS on 900! And I would green you if I could, but for *some reason*, I seem to be out of green...

Comment

Ah, buut after they leave....

Spoilers for innuendo:
                          Spoiler:

Maybe if we turn out all the lights and are really quiet, they'll think we're out and they'll go away...

Lights out - nice... But I don't know about quiet.

Jack!

In the Line of Duty, Cold Lazarus, Grace, Death Knell, Children of the Gods (scene with Daniel at Jack's house), Zero Hour. I think grief (which is more what your talking about, really, than angst) with Jack is subtle and generally involves a tightening of the jaw and moving forward resolutely. So to speak.

Hope this helps.
                          Originally posted by hopalong View Post
                          And 'Entity', definitely 'Entity'. His grief/angst is Sam-centred, and there's a good dose of guilt as well, if that's what you're needing.
                          I see Jenn has already mentioned a few but for Sam being dead and Jack being angsty I would try:

In the Line of Duty - when she's fighting for her life...
                          Entity - need I say anymore
                          New Order - his avoidance of the fact Sam might have been dead and focus on the mission before the desperation of their realisation they were alive
                          Grace - the scene in the locker room with Teal'c (and just before in the gate room)

Death Knell and Desperate Measures are great for anxiety about Sam but determined belief she's still alive.

For Jack and death/grief in general, I would also try:
                          Cold Lazarus
                          A Matter of Time
                          Meridian
                          Revelations

Hope this helps.
                          I can NOT believe I forgot Entity <sigh>

This made me laugh. We can list *several* episodes, in which Sam died... (or he thought she was dead/about to die... Poor man.Oh, Desperate Measures. Also Prometheus... I love his reactions/actions at the base camp thingy... Teal'c *so* knows they're getting to that ship.. Ship... hehehe...

Um. Back on topic. Meridian and Revelations, great thought! And Threads, when he's watching her across the room.

No, seriously, Threads wouldn't be helpful. But after watching those other episodes, You're Going to Need It!

(anyone else notice, our episodes of the week tend to be, "Broca Divide - and Threads", "Hathor - and Threads", "Solitudes - and Threads"... lol)
                          And thanks everyone for pointing out some episodes.
                          On the TV Guide spoiler...

Spoiler:

About the lip-lock between two fan favourites...here are my musings...

Daniel / Vala - Obviously the odds-on favourites as this is the current canon relationship for TPTB to have fun with. MS has indicated there might be something too which seems to point firmly that this is the one. However, so far the ship as far as I can see has been played with Daniel not particularly interested in a relationship with Vala but fond of her nevertheless and Vala playful and interested in teasing Daniel but more appreciative of the genuine faith Daniel actually has in her. If there is a kiss here, I would suspect that it happens out of the context of Daniel and Vala getting romantic...let's face it we have enough experience to know that just because a lip-lock is rumoured that it might not be actually this universe characters or the situation we would hope for...*think Grace and Moebius in particular*

Cameron / Vala - This is the second favourite as Vala is known to accompany Mitchell to his high-school reunion in Bounty which presents the right context for a lip-lock...again unlikely to be truly a romantic connotation but I can see Vala locking lips with Mitchell to try to make him look better in front of his high school mates or something like that...

Sam / McKay - Sam is AU in The Road Not Taken with McKay according to current spoilers. It could be possible that they'll make it so that AU Sam is with McKay and so when Sam jumps into her opposite's body, there is an opportunity for mistaken identity/lip-lock. McKay thinks he's kissing AU Sam; Sam quickly gets out of the situation because in her/our universe they don't have that kind of relationship.

Sam / Jack - I would say that we're not completely out of it...Jack will appear in another episode of SG1 before the end of the season. However, given it is supposedly The Shroud and heavily angsty re Daniel I would suspect a lip lock of any kind between the two will not happen. At best we may get a comfort hug although my expectations are that in an attempt to avoid the ship they'll barely have Sam and Jack in the same room *waits to be proven wrong*.

Jack / Daniel - Given RDA's second appearance is supposed to be The Shroud which is heavily Daniel focused, this could be possible...but not very likely.

Teal'c / Vala - Can't see TPTB ever putting them together romantically which is a shame because I think they're a good combo - still outside chance...

Sam / Thor - She's hugged him...you know its only a matter of time...

Teal'c / Daniel - They finally give into their hidden feelings for each other...
                          I have to agree that this is the mostly likely way it'll go.

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                          Can I just say that I've decided to stay very firmly in the land of Denial? It's lovely here. Nice view, the weather is great, and
                          Spoiler:
                          the kiss is sooooo gonna be Sam and Jack. After all what's a little kiss between a married couple?
                          I think I'll join ya!

I have to agree. Seriously ship-deprived if it only takes them saying each other's name.
                          Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

Spoiler:
                          It's a thumbnail again

I hope you all like it
                          Very nice! I love these.

EDIT: Oh, and Congrats on reaching 900!

Comment

News flash: according to TV Guide, the new episodes won't start in March but in APRIL in the US. Scifi does it to the fans yet again.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=38032
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              News flash: according to TV Guide, the new episodes won't start in March but in APRIL in the US. Scifi does it to the fans yet again.
                              **starts ranting** No! Why must they do this to us?!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                This doesn't surprise me. It actually makes sense from a business point of view (assuming pushing it back at all made sense) because that way the final episodes will show after the other network finales and won't be in direct competition with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X