Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, goodies for us to have with The Broca Divide...here is my TAG for the episode which I did for my Aftershocks series.

Fanfiction version:
    Aftershocks: Fallout

Gateworld version:

Hope you enjoy!
    sigpic
    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      Well, our Sam got kissed by our Jack in WoO too but she has no memory of it happening.
      Yeah, that is what I mean. Heh, sorry... too much diet coke and m&ms make my brain fuzzy. When I say it's the only time she gets to kiss him, I mean it's the only memory she has of kissing him.

I don't like to dwell on whether she can remember her caveman actions... it would be too sad if she couldn't remember any Jack kisses at all!

Oh well... at least Amanda remembers all the RDA (and various alien) kisses. Lucky girl! *does the hmmmm face that Amanda does when remembering/describing all of them* -That is, when her husband isn't in the room!
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

So, goodies for us to have with The Broca Divide...here is my TAG for the episode which I did for my Aftershocks series.

Fanfiction version:

Gateworld version:

Hope you enjoy!
        This is so much fun I'm going to watch the ep now, and then read your TAG. And I'm working on a "love is" for the Broca Divide. I think it will be march before we know it
        Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 14 October 2006, 05:11 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

The Broca Divide

Just watched it and I think it's a great ep.

Things I liked:
          Teal'c: I prefer not to injure this man
          Sam choosing Jack
          The lockerroom scene (watched it 3 times )
          Jack: not like this
          Jack getting jealous with Daniel over Sam
          RDA's acting
          Teal'c: you just called me Lucy
          Sam's and Daniel's eyebrows - lol
          The name Tuplo - lol
          The tanktop conversation

Things I didn't like:
          eeeeehhh

My idea on the ship:
          Sam under the influence of the virus choosing Jack is not really important for the ship I think. As Janet explained, she would choose the alphamale. But why would Jack get jealous with Daniel over Sam????? Ha!

But, I think it's important that tptb decided to go with Sam choosing Jack, they could've made Sam go with Daniel and have give Janet a different explanation.

And the tanktop conversation at the end was to cute for words.
          Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 14 October 2006, 05:10 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            Well Chelle for once I can not back you up...I have to tell you it is fall...
            But LAD...really you need a new watch lol...cause you really are behing
            D'OH....I feel all alone now...gee thanks Eve...

Hi Ho ship family....nice and quiet here tonight...babysitting a lovely 8 month old baby boy who is currently sound asleep...thank goodness...Niki just got home from a party and Tom is still at one...kids have more social life than me...D'oH...oh well....gotta work tomorrow anyway!!
            Hope everyone is well...just watching Ascension...and also watched Entity...actually I also watched Double Jeapardy too...very Stargate weekend...anyhoo...gotta go...take care and be safe everyone...sweet shippy dreams!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Fanfiction version:

Gateworld version:

Hope you enjoy!
              lol - can I quote the same post twice???

Perfect TAG!!! Really, reading your tag is just perfect after watching the actual ep.

Thanks for writing it!
              sigpic

Comment

I just keep making post after post here

Anyway, I've finished the Broca Divide love is, it's called love is ... contagious. I couldn't resist using the tanktop comment (well, Sam's reaction to it). Hope you like it.

*click for larger image*

And for who's interested I post in spoilertags how I made it.
                Spoiler:
                The caps I got from stargatecaps.com and they are all from The Broca Divide af course. In the ones of Sam and the one of Sam/Jack I erased all people standing around. In the Sam/Jack one I changed some of their clothing, so it would be a better background for the "not feeling to well Sam and Jack" on the right.
                In the background of the whole thing there's a cap of a wormwhole, you don't really see it, but it does give some effect. To all parts of it I added some special effects, mostly orange.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                  And the best part about that kiss was that it was not AU or AR! It was our Sam and our Jack!

See, now, this ep bugs me. Because while it was Sam and Jack, they were under control of the virus and not in control of their actions. Daniel was going after those primitive women despite supposedly still desperate to find his wife, so I don't think TPTB meant the virus to be bringing out people's true emotions and true desires. Granted, Jack wasn't controlled by the virus at the time of the kiss, but he also seemed to have no problem resisting getting involved in the kiss except for physically getting her away from him.

Personally, I'm glad they sort of "forgot" about this ep in the development of the ship because I feel it reduced the relationship to the biological and sociological level without the emotional bonds having formed naturally. It would have been more interesting, IMHO, to have seen this episode and its effect after Jack and Sam's emotional attachment was stronger. As it was, it was easily shrugged off as the virus and forgotten about, which is probably a good thing, again IMHO, because if they hadn't we might have ended up with more overt sexuality and actual pining for the "alpha male" leader -- the old cliche which I think AT is constantly afraid people are seeing -- rather than the strong mutual emotional attachment which was allowed to develop naturally over time.

I welcome anyone's contradictory opinion since part of me really wants to like this episode!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    O yes, and now they better finish it
                    They have. A lot. We just haven't seen it. The show is on primetime US TV, FCOL!

Did I just say that?

Remember, they are
                    Spoiler:
                    soooooo married!......

That's a tribute for ya!

EDIT:Off topic: Promised hubbie I'd ask. What food is a 'crumble' in the UK? Last night they mentioned it on Doctor Who (which made me cry, BTW, but that may have been left over from Aftershocks) and hubbie is stuck on it...
                    Last edited by JenniferJF; 14 October 2006, 06:02 AM. Reason: Off topic add

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      See, now, this ep bugs me. Because while it was Sam and Jack, they were under control of the virus and not in control of their actions. Daniel was going after those primitive women despite supposedly still desperate to find his wife, so I don't think TPTB meant the virus to be bringing out people's true emotions and true desires. Granted, Jack wasn't controlled by the virus at the time of the kiss, but he also seemed to have no problem resisting getting involved in the kiss except for physically getting her away from him.

Personally, I'm glad they sort of "forgot" about this ep in the development of the ship because I feel it reduced the relationship to the biological and sociological level without the emotional bonds having formed naturally. It would have been more interesting, IMHO, to have seen this episode and its effect after Jack and Sam's emotional attachment was stronger. As it was, it was easily shrugged off as the virus and forgotten about, which is probably a good thing, again IMHO, because if they hadn't we might have ended up with more overt sexuality and actual pining for the "alpha male" leader -- the old cliche which I think AT is constantly afraid people are seeing -- rather than the strong mutual emotional attachment which was allowed to develop naturally over time.

I welcome anyone's contradictory opinion since part of me really wants to like this episode!
                      I agree with ya Jen. But if you just look at the ep, without it being important to the ship (Sam would under the influence of the virus choose Jack, no big deal) it's quite an entertaining ep.
                      sigpic

Comment

They have. A lot. We just haven't seen it. The show is on primetime US TV, FCOL!

Did I just say that?

Remember, they are
                        Spoiler:
                        soooooo married!......

That's a tribute for ya!
                        lol, how could I forget
                        Spoiler:
                        THAT
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                          How did RDA make that weird sound when he was locked up in the cell? I tried and almost wrecked my vocal cords. Hilarious sound!
                          Oh wow...wasn't that just freaky...I wonder if it actually was him making that sound...very feral!! I'll have to watch it tomorrow night...have to sleep right now!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I agree with ya Jen. But if you just look at the ep, without it being important to the ship (Sam would under the influence of the virus choose Jack, no big deal) it's quite an entertaining ep.
                            Yes, I find it entertaining, and I liked your list of good things . I just wish I could really enjoy that kiss without feeling both Sam and Jack look back on it more with embarrassment than any other emotion.

Sam also gets a joke "I was going to do my living room this way..." which is unusual for her and appreciated by me since she doesn't get as many as she deserves. I also don't like her hair in this episode, BTW... random thought since I'm watching it again right now, but Jack's is loooking highly ruffleable.
                            Anyway, I've finished the Broca Divide love is, it's called love is ... contagious. I couldn't resist using the tanktop comment (well, Sam's reaction to it). Hope you like it.
                            That was beautiful! I love it, and the pics you used actually made me smile. The look on Sam's face... hehehehe. Great job capturing the emotions!

Comment

Did I just say that?

Remember, they are
                              Spoiler:
                              soooooo married!......

That's a tribute for ya!

EDIT:Off topic: Promised hubbie I'd ask. What food is a 'crumble' in the UK? Last night they mentioned it on Doctor Who (which made me cry, BTW, but that may have been left over from Aftershocks) and hubbie is stuck on it...
                              Off topic answer: It's a dessert made of stewed fruit on the bottom (usually apple or rhubarb) and a pastry topping which is effectively pastry breadcrumbs (you rub flour, sugar and butter together until you get breadcrumbs) - hence the name 'crumble' - which you simply sprinkle over the stewed fruit and shove in the oven until golden brown and bubbling.

EDIT: I feel I should also say that if my Aftershocks had anything to do with you crying about Doctor Who then I'm deeply proud sorry
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

That was beautiful! I love it, and the pics you used actually made me smile. The look on Sam's face... hehehehe. Great job capturing the emotions!
                                Thanks *blushes* Making them is so much fun!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X