X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
    Is my avatar messed up? Huh?

*Is Confused*

All I'm seein is a black square. Just happened to Lady Eliza's too. Everyone else's seems fine... so
    Sig. made by RepliCarterje just for me
    Get RDA on Canada's Walk of Fame: Click this link to find out how
    Love dogs? Have it in your heart for a big barrel of love? Go to malamuterescue.com

Comment

ok I am off to bed...my throat really hurts and I am faling asleep before my puter so...that is a sign I better go to bed...
      Well see ya al tomorrow evening...
      and LAD thank you for the summaries if you make them...if not don't worry about...if anyone else wants to make them...it is really appreciate it.

((((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))))) for anyone who just can use a hug
      (((((((((LAD)))))))))) get better soon
      (((((((((((POZ))))))))))))))) glad you are home

and people who are still lurking...we really do not bite (much )

and docker I sended you a pm...

and what is going to bed without a lovely pic????

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
        Just catching up so its possible someone's already answered this but Jack does call her Samantha in early Season 1 - I think he does in Emancipation but its quickly dropped and he usually calls her Sam or Carter. I tend to agree that when he calls her Samantha in fanfic it jars as its not consistent with what we see on screen and therefore seems OOC (at least to me). Having said that, I can see Jack using it to tease her at times because he knows its not how she likes to be addressed but on a daily basis even if they were married I can't see him breaking the habits of ten years and calling her Samantha as her usual form of address; I'd think he'd have enough trouble with the 'Sam', having typically used Carter most of the time.
        OK, in defense of Samantha:

The most telling thing, IMHO, that while Carter usually introduces herself as "Sam" early in the show, in the last two seasons, at least , as in Fourth Horseman, she introduces herself as "Samantha Carter". I think she's started thinking of herself as Samantha, not Sam. I get the feeling in CoG that she goes by "Sam" because she is sort of trying to hide her femininity. I think currently she's more comfortable with blending Carter the woman with Carter the soldier and scientist and no longer sees the need to hide that aspect of her personality. I think a lot of that has to do with the relationship I believe she has with Jack, but also with the resolution of her relationship with Jacob - in the end, it was her welfare as a woman and not a scientist/soldier that was most important to him.

Also, and back OT, I think the fact that "Jack" in Grace calls her Samantha is very significant. I think that's what she wants him to call her... Probably for a lot of the reasons cited above as to why she's introducing herself as Samantha a lot now.

All MHO, of course
        Last edited by JenniferJF; 22 September 2006, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          Congrats!!!!! You and I have been watching almost the same amount of time then. My 1 year was Aug. 29th. Ah, the memories....

Well, I took my test, and now I'm off to get some food. John Jacob Jingle Heimer Smith....DA DA DA DA DA DA DA.....

ROFLMAO

His name is my name too
          dadadada dadadadada
          Love dogs? Have it in your heart for a big barrel of love? Go to malamuterescue.com

Comment

POZ

YOU'RE BACK!!!
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Lesleyp
              All I'm seein is a black square. Just happened to Lady Eliza's too. Everyone else's seems fine... so
              Odd. On my computer, everyone's seeming to show up.

Does anyone else notice anything?
              my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                ok I am off to bed...my throat really hurts and I am faling asleep before my puter so...that is a sign I better go to bed...
                and LAD thank you for the summaries if you make them...if not don't worry about...if anyone else wants to make them...it is really appreciate it.

and people who are still lurking...we really do not bite (much )

and docker I sended you a pm...

and what is going to bed without a lovely pic????
                AWWW I love that one too. Nite nite.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady eliza
                  I meant shippy pictures in general.
                  I initially read this "shippy pictures of a general"

Which works, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
                    Darn.

I could really use some more SQUEE material.

*Thinks back to when the 2nd '200' promo was shown during 'Eureka'*

ok. I CANNOT think about that episode. It makes me

Spoiler:
                    SSSSSQQQQQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
                    WOW! That is even bigger than my squee in response to Bex's vid . You know, the way everyone's been singing 'John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt' (I always heard it Smith, but anyway) it reminds me of 'Urgo' wheneveryone's singing 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat'...that was hysterical!
                    Anywho, to be on topic...

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF
                      I initially read this "shippy pictures of a general"

Which works, I guess...

LOL!!!!!! I had no idea about my sig though...
                      sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
                      My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
                      http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
                      Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Originally posted by CamandVala
                        WOW! That is even bigger than my squee in response to Bex's vid . You know, the way everyone's been singing 'John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt' (I always heard it Smith, but anyway) it reminds me of 'Urgo' wheneveryone's singing 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat'...that was hysterical!
                        Anywho, to be on topic...
                        Hmmm... you reminded me of something!

I absolutely loved Bex's video. The music and the clips together was just awesome! It was so powerful!

About Urgo, that's what I thought too!
                        my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

My 6 year-old son just sat down next to me and asked what I was laughing at. I sang, "John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidt." He looked at me, looked at the screen, and literally ROFLHisAO.

There must be something about that song...

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF
                            Here's a random bit of indirect shippiness from Season 10 which came into my head while watching Jack interact with Ba'al in another episode. And I know this one wasn't my over-shippy imagination because my husband picked up on it first. While we were watching Insiders he suddenly turned to me and asked

Spoiler:
                            "Why does Sam *hate* Ba'al so much? What did he do to her?" (which is also a great tribute to ATs acting, BTW!) I reminded him of the events of Abyss, and her hatred probably stemmed form that, and he totally agreed. I mean, we've seen her with lots of Go'uld, but she clearly hates Ba'al special. See, don't mess with her man! And personally, I think he avoided killing Sam at the end and locked her up instead because Ba'al has a strong sense of self-preservation, even he doesn't want that kind of heat! But that's just me.

So, who says it takes two to be shippy?
                            Girl, you can find Ship where no one else even thought about looking for it!!! We're so glad you came to this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje

Aw, YOU get better soon! And I hope Poz posts soon!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Girl, you can find Ship where no one else even thought about looking for it!!! We're so glad you came to this thread!
                                The ship is everywhere, my friend. I saw it tonight in my college textbook. No joke.

And Jennifer, thanks for your insights-and your husband's!

Comment

Working...
                                X