This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    Probably - she shared some with me on Saturday! Yummy it was too - we even ate it with forks

Talking of Saturday - I picked up my piccys this am. Hope we don't scare you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../AmberLMMe.jpg

That's me on the left (with the *coughblondecough* hair and AmberLM on the right with the dark hair.

*jumps into the thread*
    Hey, you two look great! It's always nice to see the real faces of the people with whom we talk every day!

I'm sorry, I'm completely lost about this AT interview. I confess I skipped a lot of pages of this thread, trying to catch up with everything, so I missed it. Could someone give me a link or just a quick summary?
    Anyway, what I wanted to say is that we shouldn't pay too much attention to what actors can say, especially when they talk about relationships between the characters. They're just men and women who try to do their job the best they can. I think the fans know the show much better than them actually (we're very good at noticing and remembering every little detail! )
    What they can say is only their opinion, but let's not forget they're not the ones who write the episodes. In the end, they only do what they're being told to do.
    So if we must blame someone, let's not choose Amanda Tapping or any other actor. Let's blame TPTB! *sends them an army of penguins*
    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

welcome munchkinstar

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
        To Buc 252 and Caty: I understand how you feel. I can understand AT's feelings nd frustation at perhaps having to hide how she truly feels in order not to alienate certain fan bases. Not that I think she is against it or anything, just that maybe she never considered it something that would spark such controversary.

My guess would be that she just wants a good script and a chance to explore her character. Having to take sides in a ship debate is probably something she never really thought she would have to do and doesn't want to do. However, the anti-shippers, I believe, have splintered off into the anti-sams and I don't think the anti-sams will, at this point, be won back by riding the fence regarding S/J ship. They have too many other issues as well by now. None that I agree with, but there it is.

What I am saying is, at this point, I really think AT should be listening more to her fans and not to the SG fans. I love AT. Sam is my favorite character next to Jack. And that is exactly where I'd like to see her: next to Jack.

The lightening fried my computer the other day and sparked to others in the house. I'm on my daughter's lap top now since she's not home. I'm without computer usually.
        (((( blueiris )))) sorry about your computer and beeing dependent on your daughter's, if she is anything like mine it will cost you dearly and she won't let you forget about it either

I agree with you, it always surprises me the strenght of reaction both pro and anti that Sam Carter generates and by extentsion AT . About her comments , to me they say more about her frustration about the unresolved ship rather than her beeing anti-ship, but she could have worded her frustration better

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          Tomorrow...to visit my Grandma and other relatives on my mother's side here in Texas. But I will be back by Friday for my Stargate! Woot!
          As long as you have your priorities straight!
          Would that be Mavericks, Rockets or Spurs country?

My favorite kiss has got to be the WoO sigh smooch!
          I even love the leaning tower of SF in the background!

Oh and belated
          WELCOME
          MUNCHKIN STAR
          Rocketgal

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketgal
            As long as you have your priorities straight!
            Would that be Mavericks, Rockets or Spurs country?
            <snip>
            Oh and belated
            WELCOME
            MUNCHKIN STAR
            I know it says I'm in Tollana's Toll booth, but actually....

San Antonio Spurs - Go Spurs Go!!!!
            okay, back to normal shippage...
            what I'd love to see Sam in
            Spoiler:
            Last edited by Nolamom; 17 July 2006, 11:40 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

Now I wonder if shippers would be happy with such a scene for a big finale !!! or would you prefer to see sometning a la Alias ...which is more like a ride into the sunset as they saved the universe like Vaughn and Syd did with the others like Syd's dad , Marshall, Dixon ect >>>>

Me I certainly would prefer a ride into the sunset only because Jack is not that young anymore and has got the age of retirement to be honest ..then they can start a very well deserved family .

I would not realy like to see a finale where they all go through the Stargate like if it was the beginning of the show, because time is running out if Sam and Jack really want kids .They had their time for saving the world .

I think the end should be that they destroy the threat of the ORI ...and Earth is safe at least for a while until the movie .Then for the movie it's another threat after a few blissfull years of happinesS , they all go back through the Stargate to save the world once more ...and the story should then appeal to all possible audience ..which means , it should not be about the Ori anyway as a lot of people may not watch the show and may not know anything about them ...They will have to introduce a new villain for the movie unless they go back to the Goaould .I am actually not sure how they could make a movie to appeal to a large audience, some of them may have only seen the first movie .!!!..but not the show itself .

Caty
              im still very undecided on how i would like the ship resolved. i dont know whether i would prefer them walking off into the sunset together with some kids and living happily after or whether i want to see them get together instead of learning that they have been together for some time we just havent seen it on screen. so i think for the moment i will be happy with a bhk cause im undecided about everything else

i watched csi and i certainly didnt see that coming. as for alias i watched the series finale last night and i thought it was great, its been a good series all the way through, but i think that was a really good way to finish

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                i watched csi and i certainly didnt see that coming.
                You and me both! That was a bit of a suprise. I knew that she liked him, but that the feeling was even a little bit mutual was um, wow. I thought he was more of a Lady Heather sort of guy...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                  I know it says I'm in Tollana's Toll booth, but actually....

San Antonio Spurs - Go Spurs Go!!!!
                  okay, back to normal shippage...
                  LOL
                  You should see our oldest son's room; it's a shrine to the SPURS!
                  He can even get 1200 am all the way here if it's a clear night!

And to make it SG-1 related, ummmmm.........
                  Coach Pop is a USAFA grad and prep coach
                  or at some point Jack and Sam would have had to go through SA for officer training(back in the day).
                  So ok that's stretching it....
                  Rocketgal

Comment

Every raw recruit goes through Lackland AFB here in San Antonio. However, Officer Candidates are a little different. I suspect that they would have spent at least a *little* time at one point or another here. We had 5 bases once upon a time before the base closure committee. We still have some of the finest medical facilities and air equipment repair. I don't think that they repair anything more exotic than C-5As though...heheheh

Edit: to add link
                    Talk about shrines to the Spurs - here's my classroom. The photo is in the local newspaper. Yeah, I got it bad.
                    http://www.mysanantonio.com/pix/spur...image_id=51349
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, I've been lurking again, what a bad shipper I am! Old habits die hard and all that

I don't have a great deal to add to the conversation, but I felt I should extend a welcome to the newbies, while only being a relative newbie myself

(Also, I have to giggle a bit at people who say they didn't see the CSI ending coming. The hints they dropped like anvils in the final episodes would have had me anticipating it even if I wasn't a GS shipper and knew it was coming. But I digress, that's not the topic here, and no offense meant!)

Comment

What can I say, I wasn't looking for ship there Brookeromain? It just snuck up on me. Now ANVILS are what TPTB dropped in series 4. Pebbles in some of the others. Wishful thinking of some of our parts elsewhere. But a girl's gotta hope, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz

Originally Posted by LOL4JACK
                          Shippers Attending Avalon
                          Rachel500 (Sunday AM)
                          Shelsfc (Friday PM)
                          LOL4JACK (Sunday)
                          Trupi (Sunday)
                          Dipsofjazz (Sat. am)

Shippers coming for a meet
                          Oma
                          LOL4JACK
                          Trupi
                          I'll be there too. I'm not too sure whether I'll make the meet-up as I have Gabit 2 the weekend before Avalon, and there are only so many flights I can afford. LOL
                          Meant to reply to this yesterday. Meeting up will depend on when and where but would love to say hi to everyone!
                          sigpic
                          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                            What can I say, I wasn't looking for ship there Brookeromain? It just snuck up on me. Now ANVILS are what TPTB dropped in series 4. Pebbles in some of the others. Wishful thinking of some of our parts elsewhere. But a girl's gotta hope, right?
                            its just a shame that they we got anvils and pebbles but never a proper resolution to the ship

as for csi i wasnt looking for ship i was just watching the show, which is probably why i didnt see it coming.
                            Spoiler:
                            i kinda guessed how they both felt about each other but i never thought anything was going on

sig by starlover1990

Comment

So I already posted this on another thread, but I was told I should copy it here so here ya go:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually just read the forums instead of posting, but the funniest thing happened the other day and I had to share with some fellow shippers.
                              So my friend and I were watching some random episode of Stargate (I can't remember which one) and Sam was going on about her usual technobabble to Jack while he "listened patiently". My sister, who has never seen an episode of Stargate, walks in. She goes, "Are they married?" We're like "No." And she goes "Idiots." and walks out. It was great! Even non-fans can tell they're meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                                (((( blueiris )))) sorry about your computer and beeing dependent on your daughter's, if she is anything like mine it will cost you dearly and she won't let you forget about it either

I agree with you, it always surprises me the strenght of reaction both pro and anti that Sam Carter generates and by extentsion AT . About her comments , to me they say more about her frustration about the unresolved ship rather than her beeing anti-ship, but she could have worded her frustration better
                                Thanks.

I'm sure AT is much like a frustrated parent who is just tired of hearing us (much like children) asking the same questions over and over and over. She can't be blamed, but then neither can we, I don't think. Because, unlike children, we don't know that anyone really has our best interests at heart.
                                sigpic
                                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Working...
                                X