This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey my fellow shippers

Just a note to let you know that i most proberly wont be on for a while as exams have started *grumbles*

so this is my last post for a while

talk to you all soon

Atlantis_babe34
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      AT told the crowd at GABIT last October that the other cast members were all offered contracts for S10 before she was. She said she went to ask RCC why and he admitted that--they weren't sure how to use her in S10!!!!! The woman who had saved the universe countless times!!!

Some of the GWers at GABIT relayed this info back on a thread to people they talked with regularly, and it was picked up by GW and turned into an article that was posted on the home page in the news section. From there, there was a quick flurry of backstepping by TPTB, saying how much they valued Amanda and her contributions. And Amanda backstepped a little too, saying that she didn't realize her words would upset so many people, and that the cast of SG-1 was just one big, happy family, as it had always been. Soon after, TPTB promised that AT would be prominent in S10.

I was not at GABIT, but that is my recollection of the incident. If I got anything wrong, I humbly submit to corrections by other thread members.

OMG that is one smart woman!!! I had never realized just how smart she was until now.

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        When roaming around the forum, it is so depressing to see how some people treat our ship! In my opinion, the ship has always been subtle, and never a main focus of the show. You get a bit here and a bit there, but it never gets in the way of what needs to be done. Some people act like Sam and Jack's relationship ruined everything, when in fact, they haven't even been able to have that kind of relationship. *Shakes head* I’ll never understand some people.

Even when I watched The X-Files and wasn't for Mulder and Scully acting on their feelings, I did think they were cute together and enjoyed the sweet moments they had(I just wasn't sure about the whole RST thing with them ). It added to the show-same for Stargate, except I want Sam and Jack to do something about it!

These are two people that care about each other a lot. I don't even think words could describe their relationship. In Beneath the Surface, Jack can't remember much, but he remembers he has feelings for Sam. That tells me those feelings run deep-very deep. Even though they aren't 'together', they have something a lot of people would want to have-a soul mate. They are as different as night and day, but at the same time, two peas in a pod. They've got something beautiful, and I hope S10 gives them the happiness they deserve.
        L.A. Doyle, you described their feeling beautifully. I also think they are soul mates and deserve some happiness. I don't think Jack and Sam finally getting together will ruin the feeling of the show or hurt anybody's eyes either!
        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
        Hic Comitas Regit
        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

AT told the crowd at GABIT last October that the other cast members were all offered contracts for S10 before she was. She said she went to ask RCC why and he admitted that--they weren't sure how to use her in S10!!!!! The woman who had saved the universe countless times!!!

In the words of my friend....Oh no they didn't! I can't believe RCC would say that. That's just...wrong. So wrong. Good for AT for doing something about it.

Comment

I remember that. I was posting in the SAGC thread and I think the Anti-S9 almost in tandem. I think there was a general outcry from almost everyone. As far as I remember.

And yes I hoped it worked out well for her. And about Gambit 2007, I wish I was going. As far as I know RDA hasn't done a convention in his career. Nuts.
            Last edited by LaCroix; 07 June 2006, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
              OMG that is one smart woman!!! I had never realized just how smart she was until now.
              It's just one of the reasons we're so crazy about her, right?

Comment

Congratulations, FaithStars, on 200 posts!

Congratulations, Sam Carter, on 300 posts!

Congratulations, scifi girl, on 600 posts!

Congratulations, LaCroix, on 800 posts!

Congratulations, blueiris, on 1,700 posts!

Whew! I'm tired! Lots of milestones here!!! Congratulations too, to anyone I missed!!!
                Nighty-night, Ship Family!

Comment

Yeah.....it is kinda depressing, isn't it? But you know what it makes me wonder? I'll put it in spoilers so people who don't want to read a discouraging word can skip it.
                  Spoiler:
                  It makes me wonder:

A. What type of person is so blind that they cannot recognize or appreciate the OBVIOUS ATTRACTION between these two.

B. How anyone who doesn't understand The Ship gets along in everyday life, and in their interpersonal relationships. I mean, if you can't recognize true love on screen, do you just walk around missing it in your every day life?

These are the things I wonder.....

Ok.....discouraging words over.....
                  MY EYES! Someone help! I didn't mean to, but I strayed into the Anti-S/J thread! I don't know how I ended up there, but now my eyes burn! *Runs screaming from room*

Okay, I'm better. I have my own little area here:
                  Spoiler:
                  As tempting as it is to see what they think, I know they just take it to extremes, like it ruined the show or it was forced down their throats or something like that(actually, I did read those exact words). Even I don't feel that strongly about the newbies on SG-1(or should I say TPTB's handling of them), and that was more detrimental to the show than any ship.

I so agree with you, what you said in your spoiler space. Now, I promise to be positive from now on. And no more straying.

Comment

MY EYES! Someone help! I didn't mean to, but I strayed into the Anti-S/J thread! I don't know how I ended up there, but now my eyes burn! *Runs screaming from room*

Spoiler:
                    As tempting as it is to see what they think, I know they just take it to extremes, like it ruined the show or it was forced down their throats or something like that(actually, I did read those exact words). Even I don't feel that strongly about the newbies on SG-1(or should I say TPTB's handling of them), and that was more detrimental to the show than any ship.

I so agree with you, what you said in your spoiler space. Now, I promise to be positive from now on. And no more straying.
                    I definitely agree with what you said in your spoiler space. I can't say much more than that without giving away what you said!
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Congratulations, FaithStars, on 200 posts!

Congratulations, Sam Carter, on 300 posts!

Congratulations, scifi girl, on 600 posts!

Congratulations, LaCroix, on 800 posts!

Congratulations, blueiris, on 1,700 posts!

Whew! I'm tired! Lots of milestones here!!! Congratulations too, to anyone I missed!!!
                      Nighty-night, Ship Family!
                      CONGRATS TO ALL!!! KEEP POSTING!!!
                      Be sure to join us for Ship Day in July!!!

sg-1fanintn, looks like I'm making a habit of snurching your CONGRATS POSTS
                      but they're sooooo sweet!!! THANKS!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater_girl
                        Does anybody know where i can find the regs that are keeping sam and jack apart?(it's driving me NUTS)
                        I was recently wondering that myself, so I did a little search. Here's what I came up with:
                        U.S. Air Force Regulations - Air Force Instruction 36-2909
                        and
                        Air Force Fraternization Policies
                        Hope this helps.
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam, Sam, go away
                        Come again some other day
                        John and Lizzie want to play
                        Jack, take Sam, and go away

Comment

hey guys ive decided to take a break from studing lol.. my last post was like 6 hours ago lol.. i have no will power
                          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                            Huh? I thought that Amanda did it as a joke to liven up the set whilst they were freezing their butts off on the ice. I'm sure she did a Vicky Gabreau (sp?) interview where she explained it as being a *joke*. BTW, I've heard it before I just thought the author was wrong about Amanda getting mad at Rick. Maybe I was mistaken... can anyone clarify the issue please?

OK, why has my sig pic suddenly disappeared?!? *throws hands in air in frustration* Damn computers!!!!!
                            I heard the same thing Amber. It was meant to be a joke and RDA wasn't aware of what was conspiring behind his back but...yeah, I also heard that he took it quite well. But definitely the same thing I heard.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
                              hey my fellow shippers

Just a note to let you know that i most proberly wont be on for a while as exams have started *grumbles*

so this is my last post for a while

talk to you all soon

Atlantis_babe34
                              Good luck!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Spoiler:

You know LA - you have an uncanny knack for saying just the right things! Thank you!! I feel the same way as you - I refuse to visit anti ships or anti anything threads - I like the positive and imaginative threads better! Cheers!!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X