This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
    Short musing on the 'mulitchannel' article'...

Spoiler:
    What 'ceremony' could bring Walter to tears?... Sam & Jack's Wedding ceremony! We always knew Walter was a shipper! he he.

That would tie in with the forbidden romance aspect too!

He He! YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!
    a question for my fellow shippers.

how would you handle it if...

spoilers for s10 ep '200'

Spoiler:
    the ship we get in '200' isn't *real*?

what if what we see is the gang making up ideas for the proposed movie that martin is a part of? what if we see sam and jack get married or kiss, but it's all from the point of view of their movie characters? <it wouldn't be the real sam and jack experiencing this groovy stuff>

would you be able to enjoy this? accept this?

my answer? yes. i'll take ANY ship between sam and jack i can get!

but i also know that we'll eventually get *the real thing* before the end of the 'series'.

think about this question, shippers, because there's a huge chance this is the kind of ship we'll get. be prepared.

i personally don't see this as a bad thing. remember, we had literally nothing in season 9. now we'll have rda-jack and at-sam actually IN THE SAME ROOM, doing their ship thang (which all they have to do is look at one another and we're melting ).

so what do you say? thoughts? feeling?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
      Honeymoon coverage, final report.

As the ferry pulls away from the dock, Sam and Jack wave goodbye to their island paradise. They will cherish the memory of this beautiful place and the love that blossomed here for the rest of their lives.
      did anything else blossom there?

baby....

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Spoiler:

what if what we see is the gang making up ideas for the proposed movie that martin is a part of? what if we see sam and jack get married or kiss, but it's all from the point of view of their movie characters? <it wouldn't be the real sam and jack experiencing this groovy stuff>

but i also know that we'll eventually get *the real thing* before the end of the 'series'.

think about this question, shippers, because there's a huge chance this is the kind of ship we'll get. be prepared.

i personally don't see this as a bad thing. remember, we had literally nothing in season 9. now we'll have rda-jack and at-sam actually IN THE SAME ROOM, doing their ship thang (which all they have to do is look at one another and we're melting ).

sally
        While it's always great to see ship between Sam and Jack, I will be a little disappointed if it's not real
        Spoiler:
        but as long as the "real" ship and wedding happen after 200, I'll be happy.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I'd like to recommend a fic here on Gateworld http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...starlight.html called Starlight by our very own SqueeG-1. It's longish but very good. Definitely A/U but an interesting premise. I'd have recommended it even if it were not one of our own.

Comment

Spoiler:

sally

At this point,
            Spoiler:
            after living off fanfics for the last season, I'll take any ship I can get. I have little faith left in TIIC so...I'm not expecting much.

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
              At this point,
              Spoiler:
              after living off fanfics for the last season, I'll take any ship I can get. I have little faith left in TIIC so...I'm not expecting much.
              Quite a lot of the ship fanfic tends to do a better job than the show.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                I'd like to recommend a fic here on Gateworld http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...starlight.html called Starlight by our very own SqueeG-1. It's longish but very good. Definitely A/U but an interesting premise. I'd have recommended it even if it were not one of our own.
                Thanks for the link. Sounds interesting.

Comment

Spoiler:

It's good to be back on the forum, what happen?
                  Anyway, about the 200th, my ship hopes are not high so ...
                  Spoiler:

I quite expect "it " not to be real. It will provide some photo caps that the many talented people here will make great use of but that's about it. Will I be anoyed? No , disapointed probably, we've been there, what's new?
                  As long as they don't make fun of the real Sam and jack ship in the process I may even enjoy it

Comment

OK, so as sort of an exercise in autoflagellation, I am re-watching 100 Days to see how bad I think it is since it's been a while since I've seen it. So far I think it's pretty condescending on Jack's part.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                      OK, so as sort of an exercise in autoflagellation, I am re-watching 100 Days to see how bad I think it is since it's been a while since I've seen it. So far I think it's pretty condescending on Jack's part.
                      Do you mean condecending on how he is acting, or condecending to the developement of the character?

Spoiler:
                      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Cool, the thread passed the thirty thousand post mark.

Comment

I'm interested but I don't like that site. There is no summary for the fics. That annoys me.
                          Yes, the site does have its drawbacks. Most of the stories I listed (Shopping Spree, Tender Loving Care, and Fair Play) are also at the author's website under "Adult."

http://sjhw.net/tolerance/index2.html

Hope this helps.

Comment

Another fic I'm liking is Samanjackforever's Far and Away. It's supposedly NC-17, although the first 2 chapters are G. It's another A/U but should prove to be interesting. http://sjnc17.stargate-brats.net/viewstory.php?sid=1552

Comment

Do you mean condecending on how he is acting, or condecending to the developement of the character?
                              Maybe both. Jack is snarky to Sam for no reason in front of Laira. I'ts almost like he's showing off for L. That's not one of Jack's better moments. But maybe it's a fleshing out of the character - showing the flaws of a personality and not just the rosy parts. It's more human to be flawed and we've all publicly made an a** of ourselves regarding one we're supposed to care for. So on one hand, Jack's actions to Sam are condescending and detrimental to the integrity of the character. On the other it shows another facet of Jack's personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                                I'm going for the Jack O'Neill school of preparation when it comes to S10. It goes something like this ...

Place index fingers in ears and shout loudly. LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!

Spoilers are never completely exhaustive. Remember how in S9/1 we didn't expect to see
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam? Yet there she was, talking to Cam from aboard the Prometheus.
                                So I'm just gonna watch and take it as it comes. That way I can anticipate some ship in blissful ignorance. Cos afterall, I'll still have been able to watch
                                Spoiler:
                                RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON as JACK O'NEILL in 5 episodes *does the happy shipper dance*
                                (although for the record, I will add that im(slightlynarked)o they should be mostly SG-1 eps)
                                and in my book, that counts for a LOT
                                Ok.....I'm way behind on the thread. I've been away a week. But fellow shippers, I gotta side with Oma-1 here. They're playing us.....to keep us twisting and turning in the wind. The more they torment us, the more interested we'll be and the more we'll watch.

Keep the faith. The big resolution is coming. I have my fears about the spoilers too, but they're created not to inform us, but to entice us! Don't worry. Think shippy thoughts. The ship can be worked out, no matter who is where.....and remember, they're not telling us everything in those spoilers.!

If I'm totally out of date and the discussion has moved elsewhere when this is posted, I apologize. But I doubt it. I just think it's going to be a long road to the Ship at the end of the Rainbow. Huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X