This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
    I love these pics (She's so happy! I miss that side of Sam...)but you can sooo tell she's pregnant in them!

Ok, after a lot of thought my fanfics will now be posted at my LJ. I will keep the ones I already posted at ff.net (except for my fanfics) but otherwise, it's LJ.
    [/fanfic drama]
    Please, also post your stories at another general archive or something. LJ's don't save as 'text' very well, so I don't get to read anything that's only posted on LiveJournal. :-( Of course, you could always post it to the Samandjack yahoo group and, subsequently, their web page. <g>
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      oh joy! our favorite season 9 episode is on tonite.
      i have no idea what you're talking about, pittsburghgirl. there's no ep with icky non-sam/jack stuff going on. right? just nod and enjoy delusionville.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
        They are not outtakes, I love that scene, they are so relaxed with each other.
        I'll have to watch Moebius I again. I have always tended to focus on II.
        Spoiler:
        --the PJ scene, the "packing to do" scene, etc. I do like the "heads are gonna roll" scene in I, but hate the thinking about what later happens to Sam, Jack and Teal'c

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
          Also, I forget who asked but the regular spiffy blue uniforms are dress and the yummy tuxedo-like ones are mess. Jack would wear his mess uniform for a military wedding. My dad looked quite handsome in his at my parents' wedding.

However, I think that after all the angst and knotted stomach that Sam went through planning the "other" wedding, I think they will have a much simpler affair. I also think that's more her personality. She never struck me as wanting someone to "give her away". She's her own person doing her own thing. Maybe I'm projecting too much of my own personality onto her but that's the way I see it.

Twas me who asked. I agree about Sam, but then I have always liked the simpler weddings.
          I really would have liked to see Jack in the" mess" uniform or whatever it's called. I wish there would have been an episode in which he wore it. Can you imagine the thunking? Dare I suggest it to TPTB?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
            Need some experts on the military and their uniforms.

We call what Jack and Sam and Hammond wear when they're dressed up "dress blues." Okay, what do you call the real formal uniforms? You can see what one looks like (on a general) in those pictures where RDA receives his award from the AF in Washington,D.C. RDAnderson.com is one place to see it. They look darker than the "dress blues", and also have a bowtie and maybe a cummerbund. The jacket is cutaway. Those who have watched JAG will remember the Navy version. Does Jack have one of these uniforms and would he wear it for his wedding? Personally I like the "dress blues" better, though maybe seeing Jack in one of these formal unis would change my mind. I have a feeling he needs to have one in D.C., but probably hates to wear it.

If anyone knows a site that shows this uni better than on that general, link it!
            I think I know what you mean. I read a fic lately that had everybody having to attend a dinner in them. I think they call them "dress mess." I used to have a great site that showed a diagram, but I can't seem to find it right now. I'll keep looking!

What I remember is pretty much what you said, and Sam's version would have a ruffled inset for the blouse and a long skirt with a slit up the side. Sorry I can't give you that site immediately.
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Somewhere in Shippertown:

It's gwenhwyfar's birthday.

Time for cake!

Happy Birthday, gwenhwyfar!!!!!
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 21 April 2006, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                Talking of zappers, I made these pics for ship day last year. It was supposed to be a gif but I couldn't get it sorted in time. It's kinda sat on the back burner since then, so if anyone could recommend a package for creating gifs I'd be very grateful.

Gotta love that guy

I really love Sam's expressions in these caps

ROFL!!! What a great use of the "shipper remote"!!! I love it! And I didn't miss the "shipper panic button" on the wall beside Thor's viewscreen! Very, very cool! Thank you, Oma!
                Last edited by Buc252; 21 April 2006, 07:09 PM.
                - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_E
                  Yeah i know i shouldn't get my hopes up but what can i'm an eternal optimist lol
                  i'm not ready to squee on that yet. i'm still high on what we're getting in season 10; anything else i'm afraid will explode my brain.

once upon a time there was a guy named jack. he was sad and had lost his will to live.

then sam carter waltzed in the briefingroom and his life. he thought, jeez, what a hot babe! and she's smart too! be still my libido!

the moment sam carter laid eyes on jack o'neill, she thought, oh crap... i'm in trouble now... look at those lips and eyes!

they ended up on the same team.

the attraction grew.

into love.

harlots and spuds appeared, but sam and jack's love for one another never diminished.

now they're both free to pursue their hearts desires.

the beginning.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam, ah how far apart are those gas pains?
                    sigpic

Comment

My husband walked into the room to watch the opening of RE. He asked why the SGC didn't realize that their uniforms were not same, as when their sg-1 left? Daaaa-dead give away, that this is not your SG-1.

I made 1800 posts! WooHoo!
                      sigpic

Comment

Me and Gatebee in Florida!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                          Watching RE again and I'm sorry Joe but it just doesn't work! When Matouf walked into the room with all the Sam Carters, most of them should had yelled out his name and why is his attention directed only at our Sam. Doesn't make sense!
                          What an astute observation, trupi! That week breathing the Florida air must have been good for you! Welcome back! And congratulations of 1800 posts!

Cool! You and gatebee did get to meet while you were in the Sunshine State!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                            alright, you guys got to meet!

(((trupi and gatebee)))

and do i see that mr spud is in attendance too? i'm glad he's found another date (ms salad).

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations, Oma-1, on 1,300 posts!

Congratulations, trupi, on 1,800 posts!

Celebrate with some nice Shipper Cookies!

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                alright, you guys got to meet!

(((trupi and gatebee)))

and do i see that mr spud is in attendance too? i'm glad he's found another date (ms salad).

sally
                                I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the picture! Lol!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X