Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by nickatell
    Boy you can tell that things have really changed, there is hardly any posts. Even when RDA was on his llimited show schedule this place was hoppin. I have a question since I didn't watch any of the new episodes in season 9 until Sam came back, what reason if any did they give for Jack not being at the SGC? You know this really bothers me, TPTB take great pride in telling us all the things that almost were in an episode, like Thera and Jonah almost being in a romantic relationship and there almost was a kiss but there was too much kissing in that season (yeah like thats possible), then at the end of Full Circle there was suppose to be a big kiss but then there was another season, then in the engine room in Lost City there was also suppose to be a kiss but on to season 8, now when the regs are no longer an issue (I think), and Jack (I can do this) is no longer on (that hurt) we get NO kiss, that just isn't fair. I mean if they really didn't want this relationship between Jack and Sam then why tell us about all of this?

    Did you guys read about the upcoming episode Ethon? Like they really need to revisit the "Icon" world again.

    For me Monday nights have become my best night instead of Fridays with the reruns from the old seasons, I truly enjoy them!
    a reason given for jack not being at the sgc?... nope, no reason. and was there 'really' supposed to be a kiss in full circle? i hadn't heard that.



    sally
    sally

    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by stargate barbie

      i know that there was never any hanky panky, shall we say, behind the scenes with AT and RDA, but i always got the impression that they were really close in a platonic way, and i don't think i need to point out the tension they could portray on screen.
      what i'm saying is, i think they had chemistry both on and off screen. i was just wondering what every one else thought of this theory?
      i think amanda and rick ooze chemistry together!

      seriously, if amanda wasn't married and rick wasn't whatevering with whoever, i could see them making a great couple together.



      sally
      sally

      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        Like RDA will ever make a commitment to anyone (MajorSal, cover your eyes, if you're reading this!).....
        oh, i have no probs reading this... he's already committed to ME.... just have to tell him, but... whatever



        sally
        sally

        sigpic

        Comment


          From The Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team*

          JACK: Shippers it's time for you to know why I've always said that 1969 was a good year. It all came to me in a cup of tea, what I had known from the first day... Nana O'Neill taught me when I as a little boy how to read tea leaves... and well, there it was, clear as the full moon on a dark night...
          JACK: What I saw? That we were ment to be...
          LOL4JACK: Sam how did you react?


          JACK: I showed it to her...

          ...

          SAM: Theoretically sir... there is, explanation, no existe, &^$()#%^


          SAM: Jack, we will be together
          JACK: Yes Sirieee.... Sam and Jack together

          * Florence, LOL4JACK, Lys, Nell, SG1-Fanintn
          Last edited by LOL4JACK; 15 November 2005, 10:06 PM.

          Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

          Comment


            My theory on this is that the greatest on-screen chemistry is born out of real life chemistry between the actors. I'm picky and can tell when it's fake.. part of why I love Sam & Jack so much.. the chemistry to all appearances is the real deal... AT & RDA genuinely seem to adore each other and it translates. I think you need that in long term UST situations.

            The other duo I would reference with this theory is Chris Meloni & Mariska Hargitay of SVU. Although there is no on-screen ship per se.. it's there anyway because of the chemistry between the two actors.. which in their case is very real, they make no bones about the fact.




            Originally posted by stargate barbie
            ok, double posting. my directing teacher today was talking to us about directing actors, and casting and all that, and she referenced friends. some of you who watched it might remember joey's theory on actors chemistry, i.e. if actors have chemistry on screen/stage then there is nothing happening behind the scenes, if they have no chemistry when acting they have chemistry behind the scenes. she was saying that this can be true, in that if actors are more comfortable with one another then they cannot portray tension (sexual or otherwise) properly. now i think she was probably talking about less professional actors, but i had to disagree to a certain extent (although not out loud, cos i so don't speak up in class)

            i know that there was never any hanky panky, shall we say, behind the scenes with AT and RDA, but i always got the impression that they were really close in a platonic way, and i don't think i need to point out the tension they could portray on screen.
            what i'm saying is, i think they had chemistry both on and off screen. i was just wondering what every one else thought of this theory?
            sigpic

            Comment


              Hey just wanted to share with you all my new fic, you can find it here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2620758/1/, its called Queer Eye for Jack's Eye. Hopefully you all like it and its got everyones favourite pairing Sam and Jack of course!

              SuSiE_SG1
              Major Sam/Jack Shipper!

              Comment


                Originally posted by SuSiE_SG1
                Hey just wanted to share with you all my new fic, you can find it here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2620758/1/, its called Queer Eye for Jack's Eye. Hopefully you all like it and its got everyones favourite pairing Sam and Jack of course!
                Thanks for sharing your new story!!!! Looking for Chapter 4.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  I just read Joe's Nov 13 blog entry. He really reads those posts from fans!! I'm thinkin'.......shouldn't we Shippers be writing to Joe about Ship for Season 10. At least get him to respond to us whether it is going to happen or not. How about making this an activity for our Ship Event on Sunday?

                  Write to Joe's blog about The Ship!! WE WANT SAM AND JACK SHIP!!! Their story is not complete or wrapped up. The characters, the storyline beg for their relationship to be acknowledged on screen. At least verbally if RDA is not able to come back.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by nell
                    I just read Joe's Nov 13 blog entry. He really reads those posts from fans!! I'm thinkin'.......shouldn't we Shippers be writing to Joe about Ship for Season 10. At least get him to respond to us whether it is going to happen or not. How about making this an activity for our Ship Event on Sunday?

                    Write to Joe's blog about The Ship!! WE WANT SAM AND JACK SHIP!!! Their story is not complete or wrapped up. The characters, the storyline beg for their relationship to be acknowledged on screen. At least verbally if RDA is not able to come back.
                    Number 1 welcome back GW. Missed you guys! Joe's blog was funny but really didn't say anything. I think it's out of his hands.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by trupi
                      Number 1 welcome back GW. Missed you guys! Joe's blog was funny but really didn't say anything. I think it's out of his hands.
                      Hi trupi,
                      I agree that it's out of Joe's hands but same as AT/Sam issue is outta his hands at least he replied with reassurance of Sam's continuing to be in SG-1. Now I just want some of his assurance or not about The Ship. I really hate being left in the dark about this. We all do. Will there be Ship or something resembling Ship or not? Yes or no! That's all I want. And ya know I'll hate if they say no but at least I'll know!! **in a bad mood today**
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by nell
                        Hi trupi,
                        I agree that it's out of Joe's hands but same as AT/Sam issue is outta his hands at least he replied with reassurance of Sam's continuing to be in SG-1. Now I just want some of his assurance or not about The Ship. I really hate being left in the dark about this. We all do. Will there be Ship or something resembling Ship or not? Yes or no! That's all I want. And ya know I'll hate if they say no but at least I'll know!! **in a bad mood today**
                        That's why I'm going to Comic Con because SCIFI is having a large set up at the con and if we don't hear about some ship in S10, I going to get VOCAL! (not nasty)
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Posted a new Sam sketch in the SaGC thread, case anyone's interested.

                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...53#post4672853

                          Ta!
                          mini

                          Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by trupi
                            That's why I'm going to Comic Con because SCIFI is having a large set up at the con and if we don't hear about some ship in S10, I going to get VOCAL! (not nasty)
                            i am so jealous!!!!
                            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..


                            Comment


                              Originally posted by SuSiE_SG1
                              Hey just wanted to share with you all my new fic, you can find it here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2620758/1/, its called Queer Eye for Jack's Eye. Hopefully you all like it and its got everyones favourite pairing Sam and Jack of course!
                              I just read and reviewed your fic. It's great!


                              Spoiler:
                              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

                              Comment


                                GW was down for a lot of us, how come some members were able to get on yesterday and some couldn't get on until this morning? Stange~~~~~~~
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X