Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh-my two best friends don't like sci-fi. However, when I was in college I started the Scif and Fantasy club which now my daughter belongs to and is having a blast. But I love going to conventions and meeting people who love SG-1 and Star Trek and talking to you guys. I know there are other geeks in the world beside myself (husband is a sci fi geek also) and I love it!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      Yeh-my two best friends don't like sci-fi. However, when I was in college I started the Scif and Fantasy club which now my daughter belongs to and is having a blast. But I love going to conventions and meeting people who love SG-1 and Star Trek and talking to you guys. I know there are other geeks in the world beside myself (husband is a sci fi geek also) and I love it!
      My shipping started in highschool. Movies. Books. Soaps. In college I was introduced to scifi. The Nebula Awards stories, etc. 2001 movie. Alien movie. Star Trek. Star Wars. Star Gate is when my Ship and SciFi passions really skyrocketed. I think fanfiction and developing a friendship with Shippers has made it truly awesome!! Back OT....It's a Sam and Jack chemistry thing!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
        Kinda OT, but Stargate related...

Hubby was in a study group at Uni today, discussing redundancies in religious theories. To get the ball rolling, the tutor gave them a book title to discuss and why it was a redundancy. The book was "Religion in Springfield" written by Ned Flanders and the Rev, published in Shelbyville.

Sorry starting to ramble ... the point ... it started a discusison of the Simpsons and hubby says at one point "but of course, Burns is a goa'uld, so that's where that theory comes from". In a class of 40 students, ranging in age from 18 - 40, not a SINGLE ONE knew what a goa'uld was! Not even when he explained did anyone know about Stargate! I found that immensely disturbing.
        Except your hubby......who was basking in the glow of his Stargate moment, I'm sure!

Comment

Hope to see you Sunday at the O'Neills' big holiday bash!

By the way, has anyone read any good fanfic lately?
          If you'd like to post recommended story names,
          authors and links, I'd be glad to compile them
          into one list by Sunday!

Comment

Hubby was in a study group at Uni today, discussing redundancies in religious theories. To get the ball rolling, the tutor gave them a book title to discuss and why it was a redundancy. The book was "Religion in Springfield" written by Ned Flanders and the Rev, published in Shelbyville.

Sorry starting to ramble ... the point ... it started a discusison of the Simpsons and hubby says at one point "but of course, Burns is a goa'uld, so that's where that theory comes from". In a class of 40 students, ranging in age from 18 - 40, not a SINGLE ONE knew what a goa'uld was! Not even when he explained did anyone know about Stargate! I found that immensely disturbing.
            Sadly,very few people round where I live seem to have heard of Stargate either. Even my friends who believe themselves to be sci-fi fans claim never to have heard of Stargate My husband is the only person I know in RL who has even heard of Stargate. And he got me into it in the first place.

He has no idea what a shipper is though. But then he actually watches it for the science-y bits rather than the relationships. Although I thought he was a bit of a shipper, judging by some of his comments during Threads, I apparently imagined it!
            always and forever
            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
              Hi I have a theory.... With all this fishing talk and the AT interview in London... about Jack/Fishing/Catching the Fish...

We all know that Jack had no fish in his pond very clear for us all in Threads and M2, and it just clicked for me.... damn! don't know the word in english.... but I compare S/J relationship for the past 8 years with the No Fish in Pond / No Fish to catch/ because he couldn't catch the fish.."Regs".... So for years he could only go and sit down and enjoy the pleasure of fishing....

After M2 something changed... maybe his promotion to DC wasn't there before, but something changed... Sam and Jack where together, finally no regs and in this new Reality he was finally able to fish with fishes because he could catch the fish...

Now, does it make sense that's how I feel about it, what about you?
              Just had to say I love your theory and it made alot of sense.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

I only know one other person, other than my sister, who knows about or watches Stargate. I'm an obsessed SG1 fan and love SciFi. Some favs are 'Day the Earth Stood Still', Flash Gordon, Dr. Who and Close Encounters. Not big into the bugs and snake movies.
                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                Hic Comitas Regit
                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Hi Everyone

It's been a while since I've looked at the thread, but I'm back again. Been a good weekend, got my new Stargate books, The Cost of Honour and City of the Gods, so I'm gonna have my head in the books for a while.

I also got a great 21st birthday present from my cousin on Saturday, the official Stargate Sg-1 board game! She's an sg-1 fan too, so god bless her!

Have a good week

Comment

See I started a new job a few months ago and found 6 people so far who love Stargate.. it's a great ice breaker They saw the autographed pic of Rick & Amanda on my office wall and the conversations started
                    sigpic

Comment

N is for Neck Diving
                      (Which IMHO = I SO DIG YOU!!)

Jack does like a snuggle!!

Comment

Boy you can tell that things have really changed, there is hardly any posts. Even when RDA was on his llimited show schedule this place was hoppin. I have a question since I didn't watch any of the new episodes in season 9 until Sam came back, what reason if any did they give for Jack not being at the SGC? You know this really bothers me, TPTB take great pride in telling us all the things that almost were in an episode, like Thera and Jonah almost being in a romantic relationship and there almost was a kiss but there was too much kissing in that season (yeah like thats possible), then at the end of Full Circle there was suppose to be a big kiss but then there was another season, then in the engine room in Lost City there was also suppose to be a kiss but on to season 8, now when the regs are no longer an issue (I think), and Jack (I can do this) is no longer on (that hurt) we get NO kiss, that just isn't fair. I mean if they really didn't want this relationship between Jack and Sam then why tell us about all of this?

Did you guys read about the upcoming episode Ethon? Like they really need to revisit the "Icon" world again.

For me Monday nights have become my best night instead of Fridays with the reruns from the old seasons, I truly enjoy them!

Comment

No kidding, almost 5 hours since a post!!! For what it's worth, I enjoyed Beachhead
                          Spoiler:
                          It was great to see Sam again, of course...for the second week in a row, I really liked Vala. And Landry is really growing on me too. Mitchell - I've liked from the start, but I'd like to see a little more of him...looking forward to the second half of the season for that! It was nice that Teal'c had more than two lines and Daniel/Vala banter was entertaining (but still no substitute for D/J) Two scenes I particularly liked were the one at the start with the four of them playing basketball, and the one with the goa'uld being disappointed with the lack of Jack & Sam when he got to the SGC (ah, I know that feeling.... )

Comment

Bille, LOVE your N

Shelsfc, I agree, 5 hours without a post!!!!!!!!!! where are the shippers!!!!!!

I liked Beachead, I saw it again last night... I like Vala, I really did not like her in the first 2 episodes, but she did tone down and she brings that comedy element that I feel is missing now, with Jack gone

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                              I don't Oma, just a quick survey of my friends and acquaintances reveals 0 sci-fi fans. Whenever I mention I like sci-fi to any school parents they look at me with a mixture of desdain and pity. Sometimes there is a film or tv show that crosses over to a wider public but mostly people just think of sci-fi as for kids or sad creatures. Obviuosly they don't know what they are missing
                              ditto- several of my friends stck their fingers in their ears if i even mention the word 'space' or 'ship' etc and say 'oh hannah, why?!' if i try to talk about an interesting artucle in new scientist. kids today, eh? its all about 'fitting in'. i don't know..
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

There's apparently 14 people viewing this thread! Come out and play!! Please!

Comment

Working...
                                X