No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Fruitcakes ! Good Saturday for all !!! i made a new Vala/Daniel sig... feel free to snurch

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
      It's nice to have you on the site. I did the same thing. Lurked and read stuff and never left a comment. Now, I try to because I think DV has produced some very good writers.

Mag

Oh, and Chosen is my personal favourite but my second love is comedy.
      It really has produced some very talented writers, I am impressed when I read some of the things written by them. I've become much better at leaving comments for people

That's a lovely sig Rachel

Comment

Well I've just attempted a DV sig

Comment

Originally posted by TishTash View Post

Oh, Cool! I love it!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
            Yeah its the one that got me into anime too, I still occassionaly watch it. I'm an anime tragic, so of course I got it
            lol I still watch it occasionally too. And I have some of the music too as well as some of the music videos made. Though I almost never watch them anymore. But I is very happy you caught on to that. It's been my sign on name for almost every site I go to. lol

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
            Hello Fruitcakes ! Good Saturday for all !!! i made a new Vala/Daniel sig... feel free to snurch

Love love love!

Originally posted by TishTash View Post

Very very nice!
            sigpic

Comment

So...I was thinking about Adria today, and F&B, and how wonderfully snarky Vala is about the situation there. And really, the idea of Adria is awesome—of course Vala's child would not only want to take over the world but also have the ability to do it. Unfortunately, everything's a little too serious to laugh about, which is a shame. That had me thinking, though—will Daniel and Vala ever get to the point where they can start really laughing about the crappy-but-ironically-funny things that have happened to them? Daniel started to do that about his miraculous death-defying powers in Season 9, but do you think that trend will continue? They both seem like the sorts who could get over their trauma/issues eventually, and we know they have senses of humor...what do you think?

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I think it might be their way of dealing with such horrific events, to joke and try to forget. I mean Vala got burnt alive and its only mentioned again once in season ten I believe.

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
                lol I still watch it occasionally too. And I have some of the music too as well as some of the music videos made. Though I almost never watch them anymore. But I is very happy you caught on to that. It's been my sign on name for almost every site I go to. lol
                Yeah I've got some of it on dvd too as well as the live action version whihc was interesting to watch.

Banner by Stef
                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                  So...I was thinking about Adria today, and F&B, and how wonderfully snarky Vala is about the situation there. And really, the idea of Adria is awesome—of course Vala's child would not only want to take over the world but also have the ability to do it. Unfortunately, everything's a little too serious to laugh about, which is a shame. That had me thinking, though—will Daniel and Vala ever get to the point where they can start really laughing about the crappy-but-ironically-funny things that have happened to them? Daniel started to do that about his miraculous death-defying powers in Season 9, but do you think that trend will continue? They both seem like the sorts who could get over their trauma/issues eventually, and we know they have senses of humor...what do you think?
                  That one I'm not sure about. One of Vala's defense mechanisms seems to be humor. So more then likely. At some point anyhow. But I think that might take some time. I could be wrong though. *nod nod*

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                  I think it might be their way of dealing with such horrific events, to joke and try to forget. I mean Vala got burnt alive and its only mentioned again once in season ten I believe.

Yeah I've got some of it on dvd too as well as the live action version whihc was interesting to watch.
                  As well as deal with those horrific events. I don't remember them mentioning Vala burning alive, though I will go and look for it later. *nod nod*

I haven't seen the live action version yet. I was told it was horrible and not to bother. lol I plan on seeing it eventually. Just not at the moment.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
                    That one I'm not sure about. One of Vala's defense mechanisms seems to be humor. So more then likely. At some point anyhow. But I think that might take some time. I could be wrong though. *nod nod*

As well as deal with those horrific events. I don't remember them mentioning Vala burning alive, though I will go and look for it later. *nod nod*

I haven't seen the live action version yet. I was told it was horrible and not to bother. lol I plan on seeing it eventually. Just not at the moment.
                    She mentioned something about it in either the fourth or fifth episode I think, they were showing a diagram of it in a briefing with General Landry. Anyone know the exact ep? Agree humour is definitely a defense mechanism I mean after everything she has clearly been through and she just tries to shrug it of.

Yeah the live action is so bad that its kinda good, like you know you shouldn't like it but you watch it anyway. Its wonko to be sure.

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Humor is definitely one of Vala's coping devices, and Daniel's been showing more and more of that along the way, too. After all, he did spend a whole bunch of time with Jack and he's also got the same coping device. I think Vala's already tried to start joking about the Adria situation even before the end of season ten.

One of the things that I really loved about D/V was that they actually put aside their usual coping devices with each other on occasion and talked about thing - like the conversation they had about Sha're and Adria and 'relief'.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tayradio View Post
                        One of the things that I really loved about D/V was that they actually put aside their usual coping devices with each other on occasion and talked about thing - like the conversation they had about Sha're and Adria and 'relief'.
                        Same here—I liked that they both seemed to be trying to deal with things healthily. But at some point, I think humor would become a healthy response after they'd dealt with it seriously. It's like when people I know lost loved ones, there was that time where it was treated seriously, but eventually the sting is so far gone that they not only feel comfortable discussing it, but also laughing about the quirks of that person or the antics they got in together.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

good afternoon cakes
                          theres way too much to read, just had a quick look over it

btw. CONGRATS ON 2200 PAGES OF DV LOVE

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                            A very interesting question...
                            Hmm....I can't see reminders of the situations ever producing guffaws or fits of laughter....
                            nothing like "hahahahahaha...and remember the time you got burnt to death...hahahahahahah"..
                            and then they both fall on the floor in fits of laughter.

It would be more like ironic, sardonic references that would provoke a smile or light chuckle...and would have a feeling of being an 'inside' joke, like when someone says to Daniel...'do you ever give up? and he says 'only when I'm dead...and sometimes not even then'...it was obvious he found that amusing...but the other guy hadn't a clue.
                            I could see references to incidences that were connected to the main event eliciting more laughter....for instance, making reference to Vala telling that woman to procreate with herself...that I could see making people laugh...especially the rest of the team.
                            About the only situation I can see producing genuine loud laughter would be talking about the events of PU.
                            LC
                            (thanks for throwing out these little topics for conversation Merry...keeps us connected and from languishing on page 3,lol)
                            sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                            http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Didn't Vala refer to the Ori burning people in AOT. When she was talking about Origin needing revision.

Mag

Comment

Originally posted by SundaySusans
                                Woohoo..... look like a great discussion Gals...

A little music while I read..

Video Break:

Every Day

Back after lunch....Yum.... Lunch..... hehe

Lunch? Darkness creeping in and something white and fluffy stuck on my car. Oh, that's snow. How did that happen. I'm all for hibernation.

Mag

Comment

Working...
                                X