Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    So...you know you're a diehard Stargate fan when...

Spoiler:
    So you know how I put up my Christmas lights this weekend? Well we couldn't turn them on cuz it wasn't Dec 1 and that would just be crazy (so says my mother ). So we lit them tonight and went out past our yard to check out the sight and it's soooo pretty.

Anyway, so I'm shuffling quickly back to the house because it's pretty cold but the slippers I was wearing are too loose and it's hard to keep them on my feet. Because of this I was putting all of my focus on walking in them very quickly (the cold, remember) and then BAM! I powerwalk head-first into the glass sliding door my mother had closed on her way out and I swear to you...my first thought was:

So that's what it feels like to walk into a forcefield.

I swear After that came "I could have been on America's Funniest Home Videos!!!", and after that came "ooooooooowwwww"...which made me giggle because I thought of Cam from AoT near the end

So there you have it Two Stargate references in the span of thirty seconds, I think that's a personal record for me
    *applause* Terribly painful for you, I'm sure...but very awesome all the same!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Here's a really odd D/V question: would it be strange for Daniel and Vala to name their son Fraser?

Apart from honouring Janet (whom Vala never met) I can't think of a reason why they'd do it, but characters have a habit of picking their own names with me, and that's the name their son is choosing at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        I also think she gave him sex appeal (like ginger rogers gave fred astaire), I never found daniel to be particularly hot or even sexy before vala came on the scene. Around her, he sizzles! he was sweet in the early seasons, but nope, not sexy. But in that "fight" on the prometheus (PU, s8) he was smokin'!
        I always found Daniel to be a rather tasty morsel, but that fight scene in PU... WOW WOW WOW.... that showed a whole 'nother side of tasty....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          I also think she gave him sex appeal (like ginger rogers gave fred astaire), I never found daniel to be particularly hot or even sexy before vala came on the scene. Around her, he sizzles! he was sweet in the early seasons, but nope, not sexy. But in that "fight" on the prometheus (PU, s8) he was smokin'!
          You know what? I actually agree now that I've thought about it. Totally brought out his hotness.

December 15th sounds like a good date to say most people will be done with school...*ponder* How about we start Dec 20? Nice round number? What say the Fruitcakes? Maybe we can even entice Stef to come back and come up with her episode questions again.
          Sounds good, just have to work out the time for my timezone I'll be crazy working but I don't care I love these episode days!!!

Spoiler:
          So you know how I put up my Christmas lights this weekend? Well we couldn't turn them on cuz it wasn't Dec 1 and that would just be crazy (so says my mother ). So we lit them tonight and went out past our yard to check out the sight and it's soooo pretty.

Anyway, so I'm shuffling quickly back to the house because it's pretty cold but the slippers I was wearing are too loose and it's hard to keep them on my feet. Because of this I was putting all of my focus on walking in them very quickly (the cold, remember) and then BAM! I powerwalk head-first into the glass sliding door my mother had closed on her way out and I swear to you...my first thought was:

I swear After that came "I could have been on America's Funniest Home Videos!!!", and after that came "ooooooooowwwww"...which made me giggle because I thought of Cam from AoT near the end

So there you have it Two Stargate references in the span of thirty seconds, I think that's a personal record for me
          OMG!! Gab you crack me up!!

I totally just thought of the list we made of 'you know you're a fan of stargate.' Anyone have that?

Banner by Stef
          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by SundaySusans
            So many of you are sending messages checking on me. *tears* It is so hard to explain. Many of you understand. I do miss it so much here but can't be here now. Wanting everyone to understand, here is a link to describe me. Maybe this will explain so many things and why I come and go and have strange behaviors some of the time. Of course you guys know I am obsessed with Claudia and love D/V and videos and pictures and fics, wooohooo. I am getting all excited. ..... that was fun..... but here is the link to Bipolar1. Maybe knowing someone like me will help you in the future. Love you guys. Back when I can handle it and be a good person. *waves*

oh course I'll leave a video.

Here is the Video Milena made for Nat's fic. Someone find the link to her fic for everyone to read.

Borrowed Time by Milena D

LC, Mag, and Nat.... don't be mad.... I did try to sleep. I know LC...#3.
            (((Susan))) I'm sorry you're having a hard time of it. Love you!

Milena! Due to my stupid dial-up - grrrr - I seldom go over to youtube. Do you have a link so I can download your vid? I'd love to see it!
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
              *applause* Terribly painful for you, I'm sure...but very awesome all the same!
              LoL, painful yes, my forehead is slightly purple today but at least it's not swollen

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
              Here's a really odd D/V question: would it be strange for Daniel and Vala to name their son Fraser?

Apart from honouring Janet (whom Vala never met) I can't think of a reason why they'd do it, but characters have a habit of picking their own names with me, and that's the name their son is choosing at the moment...
              Ooooh, Alli, that's a great question! I remember we had this big debate over whether or not they would name their kid "Janet" or maybe it was "Sha're" and I think it was mostly a hard yes or a hard no for most of us. But "Fraser"...hmm...because that's like honouring Janet but not in a direct or overtly shippy way. I'm gonna think on this some more but atm I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea!

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
              Sounds good, just have to work out the time for my timezone I'll be crazy working but I don't care I love these episode days!!!
              The timezones are what made it so fun, remember? The fact that even though we'd done our questions/comments in our "day" we'd still be able to look forward to your guys' discussion the next (or was it the other way around? cuz you guys are the ones ahead right? *confused* )

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
              OMG!! Gab you crack me up!!

I totally just thought of the list we made of 'you know you're a fan of stargate.' Anyone have that?
              Duuuuuuude!! I just read that last line and I was staring blankly at the screen trying to figure out what you were talking about but DUDE! I totally just rememebred! I don't think we'd saved it but we could always start a new one to pass the time until the Great Rewatch!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Milena! Due to my stupid dial-up - grrrr - I seldom go over to youtube. Do you have a link so I can download your vid? I'd love to see it!
              I sure do You can dl it HERE, it brings you to FileFront where you can stream but I don't recommend it, the quality is worse than YouTube most of the time

And everyone should remember that this vid was made as a kind of vid-version for Nat's fic so you should definitely go read that first!

^Nat's fic. Be sure to leave plenty of reviews, she's in France atm and missing the Oven a lot! I'm sure nice reviews would brighten her inbox
              ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Okay, so anyone who has known me for longer than...say...a day, will know that the "Thread Search" function and I are not friends. But I gave it the ol' college try and tried to find the You know you're a fruitcake list we had built...no dice. Shocked? I'm not

So for all those interested, I figured I could kick off another one until the old one can be found

--

You Know You're a Fruitcake When...
                1. You slam head-first into the glass patio door and think: "so that's what running into a forcefield feels like..."

--

All you have to do is copy/paste that section into your post and add the next number! Now I need to get back to studying Be back later!

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by SundaySusans
                  So many of you are sending messages checking on me. *tears* It is so hard to explain. Many of you understand. I do miss it so much here but can't be here now. Wanting everyone to understand, here is a link to describe me. Maybe this will explain so many things and why I come and go and have strange behaviors some of the time. Of course you guys know I am obsessed with Claudia and love D/V and videos and pictures and fics, wooohooo. I am getting all excited. ..... that was fun..... but here is the link to Bipolar1. Maybe knowing someone like me will help you in the future. Love you guys. Back when I can handle it and be a good person. *waves*

oh course I'll leave a video.

Here is the Video Milena made for Nat's fic. Someone find the link to her fic for everyone to read.

Borrowed Time by Milena D

LC, Mag, and Nat.... don't be mad.... I did try to sleep. I know LC...#3.
                  Wow, Sue that is very brave of you to let us know how things are for you at times. And also, I think it will inform other people of the difficulties people face. Working in mental health I know how people feel marginalised by mental illness when all they want to do is get on with life and reach the same goals as other people.

Kudos to you.

Mag

Comment

good evening cakes

December 15th sounds like a good date to say most people will be done with school...*ponder* How about we start Dec 20? Nice round number? What say the Fruitcakes? Maybe we can even entice Stef to come back and come up with her episode questions again.

Awesome! It will be so kick-a$$ *dances*
                    definitely *squeeees*
                    allthough i have to think about 20th, cause Nat comes to me on the 19th and i have birthday on the 21th, so i dont know what we'll do but i'll see what i can do about it

15th is Michael's birthday, wouldnt it be a great way to celebrate it with a sg1 marathon?

Spoiler:

EDIT: Awesome, Misi!
                    ahahaha...ermm... i mean... sorry that happend to you
                    that with the forcefield reminds me of when daniel runs against the forcefield in deadmans switch hehe

and i looooove Cam's "ow" from AoT, that is sooo adorable

Okay, so anyone who has known me for longer than...say...a day, will know that the "Thread Search" function and I are not friends. But I gave it the ol' college try and tried to find the You know you're a fruitcake list we had built...no dice. Shocked? I'm not

So for all those interested, I figured I could kick off another one until the old one can be found

--

1. You slam head-first into the glass patio door and think: "so that's what running into a forcefield feels like..."

--

All you have to do is copy/paste that section into your post and add the next number! Now I need to get back to studying. Be back later!
                    ohhh me likes

2. You love to say "Well i think its incredible!", and start calling everyone Darling

Susan, answered on your lj to your health condition

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
                      definitely *squeeees*
                      allthough i have to think about 20th, cause Nat comes to me on the 19th and i have birthday on the 21th, so i dont know what we'll do but i'll see what i can do about it
                      Ooooh, that's right!! Nat's spending some time with you during the break,eh? That lucky girl! When you see her in person, be sure to tell her I'm supremely jealous of her, k?

15th is Michael's birthday, wouldnt it be a great way to celebrate it with a sg1 marathon?
                      Oooh, cool! I didn't know it was his bday soon Does anyone know when CB's is? I was just thinking the 20th because I know a lot of people have exams up until the last day of school which for my RL friends is the 18th's but I'm not sure how that applies to the Oven. We can definitely move the date up if nobody objects to it.

2. You love to say "Well i think its incredible!", and start calling everyone Darling
                      LooL!! So true! I started that when Vala came on board Which reminds me...

3. You *start* wearing pigtails in your 20's, and you wear them with pride...and a touch of sass

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

3. You *start* wearing pigtails in your 20's, and you wear them with pride...and a touch of sass
                        4. You....an American (NJ in fact).....can speak like Vala with Claudia's accent.
                        sigpic
                        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

good evening cakes

definitely *squeeees*

ahahaha...ermm... i mean... sorry that happend to you
                          that with the forcefield reminds me of when daniel runs against the forcefield in deadmans switch hehe

and i looooove Cam's "ow" from AoT, that is sooo adorable

ohhh me likes

Susan, answered on your lj to your health condition
                          So how awful is it of me that even though I knew that Michael's B-day is coming up, I didn't even think of it?

LoL, painful yes, my forehead is slightly purple today but at least it's not swollen

Ooooh, Alli, that's a great question! I remember we had this big debate over whether or not they would name their kid "Janet" or maybe it was "Sha're" and I think it was mostly a hard yes or a hard no for most of us. But "Fraser"...hmm...because that's like honouring Janet but not in a direct or overtly shippy way. I'm gonna think on this some more but atm I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea!

The timezones are what made it so fun, remember? The fact that even though we'd done our questions/comments in our "day" we'd still be able to look forward to your guys' discussion the next (or was it the other way around? cuz you guys are the ones ahead right? *confused* )

Duuuuuuude!! I just read that last line and I was staring blankly at the screen trying to figure out what you were talking about but DUDE! I totally just rememebred! I don't think we'd saved it but we could always start a new one to pass the time until the Great Rewatch!

I sure do You can dl it HERE, it brings you to FileFront where you can stream but I don't recommend it, the quality is worse than YouTube most of the time

And everyone should remember that this vid was made as a kind of vid-version for Nat's fic so you should definitely go read that first!

^Nat's fic. Be sure to leave plenty of reviews, she's in France atm and missing the Oven a lot! I'm sure nice reviews would brighten her inbox
                          *dances off to download*
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

4. You....an American (NJ in fact).....can speak like Vala with Claudia's accent.
                            5. You keep telling your shrink that you’re not schizophrenic, you’re a Tok’ra.
                            6. You see the book "Chariots of the Gods" and have an insane urge to find the author and tell him "I believe you!"

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

6. You see the book "Chariots of the Gods" and have an insane urge to find the author and tell him "I believe you!"
                              7. You're having a mythology discussion with a family member or friend and they ask you where you learned that and your automatic response is "Daniel."

-----------------

I have done all but one of these things.... wow.... lol And the funny thing is, my dad, my bf, and I are the only three people in my family, one I'm gonna marry and is my son's father, and the other obviously my father, that are fans of Stargate. So no one else had any clue what I was talking about. lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post

I know Nat would appreciate that one!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                So how awful is it of me that even though I knew that Michael's B-day is coming up, I didn't even think of it?
                                LoL, happens to the best of us

Originally posted by MerryK View Post

That one's awesome!

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post

7. You're having a mythology discussion with a family member or friend and they ask you where you learned that and your automatic response is "Daniel."

-----------------

I have done all but one of these things.... wow.... lol And the funny thing is, my dad, my bf, and I are the only three people in my family, one I'm gonna marry and is my son's father, and the other obviously my father, that are fans of Stargate. So no one else had any clue what I was talking about. lol
                                That's great, I love insider-things like that! Related to yours...

8. When you think back to your life aspirations and what inspired you to them, you invariably come back to Stargate. (Physicist = Sam, Anthropology = Daniel, Archeology = Daniel, Linguistics = Daniel, Spy/Thief = Vala )

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Working...
                                X