Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
    Alright maybe we should promise that for every Farscape related post we make on the weekend we MUST make a devilish post? The only reason I'm hesitant to go to the farscape thread is I'venever been there before and I know its probably very different from the Oven.
    Oh no, I completely understand WHY people want to do it. It's a great environment here. We all know each other so well, and you know that everyone will respect your opinions. I just want everyone to remember that there are people out there who don't watch Farscape and will be completely alienated from the discussions, possibly even the thread in general.

As long as you can temper the discussion....and put everything in spoilers (including recommendations), that should be okay. I'm just afraid that the whole thread will be filled with spoiler brackets and nothing outside of them.

Sorry if I am coming off harsh or a killjoy, I just want everyone to remember that even if it sounds like an amazingly fun idea for us to discuss other things, we have to at least try to remember that this is a Daniel & Vala/SG-1 thread first and foremost. I know it's hard...it's a battle I fight every day ...but let's just not get too carried away with the idea, okay?

EDIT: I don't think it needs to be as strict as "post two DV things per one Farscape thing" just try to keep the D/V discussion going in addition to the Farscape one.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
      yeah on FF.net

Oh, did you see my depressing little oneshot last night?
      I did, but as most everyone here knows, I really try to stay far away from happy-ending-less depressing fics unless I'm in a particular mood for them which is extremely rare, sorry They just stick with me for a really long time and put me in funks

Hey Milena sounds like you're where i was a few weeks ago regarding sucky essays.
      BTW popped into the S/D thread and in regards to the movies it sounds like from what they heard at the con there's going to be Devilish, even they're saying it
      Indeed I am and YAY!!! I mean...sad for them ...but SUPER YAY for us!

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
      Spoiler:
      Oh no, no...it's not heavy C/V at all. Most of the action is centred around the other four finding their way through time. The entire scene where Jack is trying to fly an Asgard escape pod off a flat-bed Army truck is worth the entire price of the book! Hilarity ensues!
      Almost everything that C/V go through is explained after the fact once the six encounter each other in the New York in the 1940s, which is almost the end of the book. We see almost nothing of C/V's marriage and the children are only mentioned because of the terrible situation that Cam and Vala have found themselves in.

LC
      (glad you liked my 'proposal segment')
      Yeah but that still really cramps in on my plans for DV

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Oh no, I completely understand WHY people want to do it. It's a great environment here. We all know each other so well, and you know that everyone will respect your opinions. I just want everyone to remember that there are people out there who don't watch Farscape and will be completely alienated from the discussions, possibly even the thread in general.

As long as you can temper the discussion....and put everything in spoilers (including recommendations), that should be okay. I'm just afraid that the whole thread will be filled with spoiler brackets and nothing outside of them.

Sorry if I am coming off harsh or a killjoy, I just want everyone to remember that even if it sounds like an amazingly fun idea for us to discuss other things, we have to at least try to remember that this is a Daniel & Vala/SG-1 thread first and foremost. I know it's hard...it's a battle I fight every day ...but let's just not get too carried away with the idea, okay?

EDIT: I don't think it needs to be as strict as "post two DV things per one Farscape thing" just try to keep the D/V discussion going in addition to the Farscape one.

-Stef
      And I would like to add to that that there are Mods circulating the threads and too much concentrated OT like that could get us in trouble I believe...especially if certain ones come around...
      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Completely agrre Stef and I can see where you are coming from. If we could have the discussion elsewhere that'd be great but honestly this is the best place.
        I solemnly swear I shaall not abandon the devilish cause

Banner by Stef
        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Yeah well its a good thing because it keeps this thread and all of them PG friendly. If necessary I suppose we can do a concentrated talk on Farscape on msn or something and then have some overall comments on the thread.
          Ok now I swear I will make this Devilish.
          Milena it is yay for us though not so much for S/D shippers though. Its a shame for them.
          EDIT: They used the ship name Vaniel though. I was a little disturbed.
          Last edited by CrazyLikeaFox; 06 November 2007, 08:35 PM.

Banner by Stef
          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Yeah well its a good thing because it keeps this thread and all of them PG friendly. If necessary I suppose we can do a concentrated talk on Farscape on msn or something and then have some overall comments on the thread.
            Ok now I swear I will make this Devilish.
            Milena it is yay for us though not so much for S/D shippers though. Its a shame for them.
            MSN! Good idea Cat!

Hmm, there are some new lurkers, quick! Everybody name your favourite fic, vid or otherwise!!

My Fave Vid is Stef's You're So Damn Hot!!! Can someone find the link for you all to enjoy? It's soooo freakin' hilarious!!! It's like a C/V, then T'c/V and then she dumps them both to be with Daniel!!!

I'd have to think about the fic one...

EDIT: Dude, Vaniel is more than a little disturbing *shudders*. Dala makes me think of the Dalai Lama instead of Count Chocula but it's still...meh. DeVilish is where it's at
            ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Morpheus!!!!
              EDIT: Guys I'm leaving work in about 20 minutes so logging off. See you guys in a couple of hours.

Banner by Stef
              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                Hmm, there are some new lurkers, quick! Everybody name your favourite fic, vid or otherwise!!

My Fave Vid is Stef's You're So Damn Hot!!! Can someone find the link for you all to enjoy? It's soooo freakin' hilarious!!! It's like a C/V, then T'c/V and then she dumps them both to be with Daniel!!!

I'd have to think about the fic one...

EDIT: Dude, Vaniel is more than a little disturbing *shudders*. Dala makes me think of the Dalai Lama instead of Count Chocula but it's still...meh. DeVilish is where it's at
                OMG, OMG, OMG.....um....the pressure!! What do I choose????

Here's the link to:

YOU'RE SO DAMN HOT

My favorite video??

Not sure, but here's one I can name off the top of my head:

WHAT'S LEFT OF ME

Dala reminds me of Daala...which was a character from the Star Wars books
                Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                I give up!!!! Some days, a person does everything WRONG.
                Wait, what did you do wrong?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Afraid you've pretty much cornered the vid market, Susan. I don't know any that you haven't already recommended (granted, I didn't know many to begin with ). Sorry, wish I could help you out!

Damn, someone entered a McShep vid for this Disney competition....*grumbles*

Anyway, I think that I am going to head off and read a little bit more of Roswell before I go to sleep. Night all!

-Stef

Comment

*runs in*

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO FRUITCAKES

*runs off*
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Hey guys I'm finally back home after a train mishap (stupid trains)

Banner by Stef
                      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Goody! Just found some new con video of MS over at You tube!

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...h&v=&uploaded=

djay

EDIT:
                        Oh, found lots more thanks to the Pond including this one FULL of DV!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9DhLzW...BFDFC&index=14
                        Last edited by djay; 07 November 2007, 12:17 AM.
                        He's her Lobster!
                        LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Nice rec djay it was awesome!
                          Guys check out BoneRIcefilms latest fan vid on youtube called Hidden. It has Vala in it

Banner by Stef
                          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Good morning duckies!

*Tackle hugs Gioia* Hey hun, how you been?

*Waves to everyone else*
                            sigpic
                            Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Hey Kath and al others that are on

Banner by Stef
                              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Hey, since there's no one around, can we make this our personal drooling arena? Again?
                                sigpic
                                Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Working...
                                X