• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
    *Jedi mind trick to enable thread*

First thing I thought when I saw this pic:
    http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...elVala/104.jpg
    D:Vala, honey, why am I lying back here?
    V: I want hide you from all the fangirls and keep you all to myself.

You all know there are still three drabbles up for grabs.
    Originally posted by djay View Post
    Here's my prompt....mistletoe! Hehe!

LOVE the wallpaper, Stef. You are SO talented!

Djay

Here was Djay's prompt from yesterday, you might have missed. And for a prompt of my own....We've done RollerSkating, Coffee, Mistletoe...what about a Vala-Birthday drabble, is that too hard?

~Erin

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
      See, count carefully...there are 6 people there, but only 5 have anything in their raised wineglasses and the 6th glass on empty on the table....<sigh>...so sad....
      thanks for posting that Susan
      LC
      Vala's even got her hands in her lap, both hands. You can clearly see her watch hand (right hand) so she's not even holding up a glass that maybe we can't see clearly...so sad.

~Erin

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
        Vala's even got her hands in her lap, both hands. You can clearly see her watch hand (right hand) so she's not even holding up a glass that maybe we can't see clearly...so sad.

~Erin
        Yeah you can see her watch, but I was thinking that her hand is actually on Daniel's leg...and for the first time in any of these pictures I can see his hand on her waist.
        LC
        sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
        http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

See, count carefully...there are 6 people there, but only 5 have anything in their raised wineglasses and the 6th glass on empty on the table....<sigh>...so sad....
          thanks for posting that Susan
          LC
          *sigh* I will never be able to see that scene th same way again.

Here was Djay's prompt from yesterday, you might have missed. And for a prompt of my own....We've done RollerSkating, Coffee, Mistletoe...what about a Vala-Birthday drabble, is that too hard?

~Erin
          Thanks Erin, I did miss it! Sorry Djay! I'll do it now.

Lay me down and kiss me to sleep
          Spoiler:
          Vala rushed through the wood looking for the plant. It was cold and windy and every breath burn her lungs. Tripping on the cold hard grown, she barely caught herself and felt a rush of air leaving her lungs. On her hands and knees she struck the ground hard once and wince. She curse and scrambling up to her to her feet her eyes feel to the clump of green and white less than five feet away.

Laughing wetly, she made her way to the cluster of plants and grabbed a couple. She was lucky she had recognized them on their way to the village. As soon as she felt as she had enough she rushed back to where she had left Daniel. Daniel. At the mere thought of his name she felt her entire chest tighten into a ball of white hot fear and ran back faster.

When she reached the spot where she had left him, she noticed that it still was only him. She pushed back the fear of where Cam, Sam and Muscles where and focused on him.

Sliding to her knees next to him, she began crushing the plants and mixing them together with the others she gathered.

"V..Vala, what are you doing?" Daniel's breathing was laboured and Vala put her hand to his lips.

"Don't talk darling, it's for the poison."

"Misleto.., how is t..that going to help?" Daniel slurred.

Vala ignored him and when all the herbs were mixed together she put the mixture to his lips. Daniel shrugged away, but Vala insisted, "Please it will help." Daniel looked at her for a too long second and did as she asked.

It was hours later that the team found them - all bruised and worse for the wear. Vala was leaning against a tree, holding Daniel between her legs, lips to his ear. They looked at her and without another word they took Daniel home.

When Daniel woke seven hours later - poison free - he looked at Vala who was resting next to him. She had fallen asleep, her small hand gripping his strongly, and he smiled. He decided there to later show her the other ways mistletoe was used.

Erin's yours is next
          banner by Stef

Comment

Spoiler:
            Vala rushed through the wood looking for the plant. It was cold and windy and every breath burn her lungs. Tripping on the cold hard grown, she barely caught herself and felt a rush of air leaving her lungs. On her hands and knees she struck the ground hard once and wince. She curse and scrambling up to her to her feet her eyes feel to the clump of green and white less than five feet away.

Laughing wetly, she made her way to the cluster of plants and grabbed a couple. She was lucky she had recognized them on their way to the village. As soon as she felt as she had enough she rushed back to where she had left Daniel. Daniel. At the mere thought of his name she felt her entire chest tighten into a ball of white hot fear and ran back faster.

When she reached the spot where she had left him, she noticed that it still was only him. She pushed back the fear of where Cam, Sam and Muscles where and focused on him.

Sliding to her knees next to him, she began crushing the plants and mixing them together with the others she gathered.

"V..Vala, what are you doing?" Daniel's breathing was laboured and Vala put her hand to his lips.

Vala ignored him and when all the herbs were mixed together she put the mixture to his lips. Daniel shrugged away, but Vala insisted, "Please it will help." Daniel looked at her for a too long second and did as she asked.

It was hours later that the team found them - all bruised and worse for the wear. Vala was leaning against a tree, holding Daniel between her legs, lips to his ear. They looked at her and without another word they took Daniel home.

When Daniel woke seven hours later - poison free - he looked at Vala who was resting next to him. She had fallen asleep, her small hand gripping his strongly, and he smiled. He decided there to later show her the other ways mistletoe was used.
            VERY nice! I've never been one for shorts like that, but reading yours has caught my imagination. Hrm...

Erin's yours is next
            I know I can't wait to read the next one!
            _______________________________________________________________________________
            ~sg1cat~ (aka Darryl ) | FanFics: Fanfiction.net LiveJournal

Comment

Stardust. w00t!!!

It better be good!
              I so want to see that movie, let me know if its any good Isa.

Kales you didn't like QoB? I enjoyed it though obviously not her best work, I love her Heather Wells series though.

I can't believe you all brought up the pic again! What a downer

Banner by Stef
              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Beautiful night, night of your life

Spoiler:
                Birthday were not something she celebrated anymore. She didn't even really know how old she was any more. She looked to be her mid to late thirties, to use the Tau'rian calendar, but she just didn't know. She hadn't aged during those years as Qetesh - at least not physically and even though she had been a host for relatively short period of time, a micro second when thought about the lifetime of the Goa'uld, she still didn't know where to count those years or not.

She didn't want to, but felt she should. Did they even really count?

As Cam walked in the slightly dimmed room, birthday cake in hand, candles burning bright, she released a smile for the moment.

They had decided, well Teal'c had decided they should celebrate her birthday last month, on his own Tau'rian birthday, when they had realised that in the three years she had been with them they never had celebrated hers. So they had pick a date, an Earth date, as close as possible to her real one thanks to Sam who had done the math.

And now they sat in a nice restaurant and she blew out the candles. They ate the cake, exchanged gifts and laughed, but there was still that knot in tummy and she shifted in her seat. Lost in her thoughts, she barely registered Daniel's small nudge. When she did she turn a bright smile on to the man next to her.

"Yes?"

He nodded to the small dance floor and Vala perked up a little. With a quiet nod she took his hand and followed him. On the dance floor they stood and Daniel began leading in small sway.

"Better?" Daniel's voice was soft and gentle by her ear and she released a breath - the knot untangled a little.

She nodded again and rested her head against his shoulder, she felt his arms shift them into a more comfortable position.

"We don't have to celebrate it next year." She heard Daniel's words and felt everything behind them.

She looked at the team behind Daniel's back, smiling and playing with party knick knacks strewn across the table. "It's okay - they like it. I like that they like it." Daniel nodded to her hair and she turned her face into neck.
                banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post

Kales you didn't like QoB? I enjoyed it though obviously not her best work, I love her Heather Wells series though.

Sorry, but I'm glad they did. I had no idea about the reason Vala was crying in that scene in Unending.

Sad as it is, knowing what the reason was changes how I viewed that episode.
                  ~sg1cat~ (aka Darryl ) | FanFics: Fanfiction.net LiveJournal

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Birthday were not something she celebrated anymore. She didn't even really know how old she was any more. She looked to be her mid to late thirties, to use the Tau'rian calendar, but she just didn't know. She hadn't aged during those years as Qetesh - at least not physically and even though she had been a host for relatively short period of time, a micro second when thought about the lifetime of the Goa'uld, she still didn't know where to count those years or not.

As Cam walked in the slightly dimmed room, birthday cake in hand, candles burning bright, she released a smile for the moment.

They had decided, well Teal'c had decided they should celebrate her birthday last month, on his own Tau'rian birthday, when they had realised that in the three years she had been with them they never had celebrated hers. So they had pick a date, an Earth date, as close as possible to her real one thanks to Sam who had done the math.

And now they sat in a nice restaurant and she blew out the candles. They ate the cake, exchanged gifts and laughed, but there was still that knot in tummy and she shifted in her seat. Lost in her thoughts, she barely registered Daniel's small nudge. When she did she turn a bright smile on to the man next to her.

"Yes?"

He nodded to the small dance floor and Vala perked up a little. With a quiet nod she took his hand and followed him. On the dance floor they stood and Daniel began leading in small sway.

"Better?" Daniel's voice was soft and gentle by her ear and she released a breath - the knot untangled a little.

She nodded again and rested her head against his shoulder, she felt his arms shift them into a more comfortable position.

"We don't have to celebrate it next year." She heard Daniel's words and felt everything behind them.

She looked at the team behind Daniel's back, smiling and playing with party knick knacks strewn across the table. "It's okay - they like it. I like that they like it." Daniel nodded to her hair and she turned her face into neck.
                    That was fantastic Isa, really pretty

Originally posted by sg1cat View Post
                    Sorry, but I'm glad they did. I had no idea about the reason Vala was crying in that scene in Unending.

Sad as it is, knowing what the reason was changes how I viewed that episode.
                    Oh I know what you mean Daryl. I can't remember who pointed it out here but it made all of us so depressed. It is a great insight though.

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I liked it. I honestly thought I would have liked it more, but it was enjoyable. The story is sweet and it has it cute, funny and squee worthy moments. Like all movies made from book you can feel the lack of something more, but it wasn't bad. I'd go watch it, not a bad way to spend a couple hours.
                      banner by Stef

Comment

Cool thanks for opinion, thought about buying the book but think I'm going to watch movie first. I really love fantasy so........

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

*sigh* I will never be able to see that scene th same way again.

Thanks Erin, I did miss it! Sorry Djay! I'll do it now.

Spoiler:

Erin's yours is next
                          WOW! Isa! I'm sure that's not what Djay had in mind, but I'm also sure she'll love your version. I think I like this prompt idea.

Spoiler:

"Yes?"

Oh, Isa, this was perfect. I do so love comforting!Daniel. And dancing *squee* One more prompt left, Fruitcakes. Give her a good one!

~Erin

PS: Stay tuned, 'Kansas' chapter 6 is getting posted as we speak to an LJ or FFN site near you.

Comment

PS: Stay tuned, 'Kansas' chapter 6 is getting posted as we speak to an LJ or FFN site near you.
                            whohooo! fic! now if I can just force myself to focus on french for an hour I shall reward myself with a chapter of Kansas! thanks for the incentive Erin!

Edit: And the prospect of reading discovery is what's getting me through the next few days Darryl. you guys are so good for me
                            My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Oh I know what you mean Daryl. I can't remember who pointed it out here but it made all of us so depressed. It is a great insight though.
                              It was me actually. Someone mentioned that RCC said in the commentary that he was impying a miscarriage, then someone posted those pictures again and when I REALLY looked at that picture I had this WHOA moment...it was heart-stopping when someone verified that these Christmas pictures came before the crying scene...
                              AND before this topic came up today I was going post a snippet from my WIP, but now I'm not gonna because it'll just have ya'll depressed again.
                              LC
                              sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                              http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

It was me actually. Someone mentioned that RCC said in the commentary that he was impying a miscarriage, then someone posted those pictures again and when I REALLY looked at that picture I had this WHOA moment...it was heart-stopping when someone verified that these Christmas pictures came before the crying scene...
                                AND before this topic came up today I was going post a snippet from my WIP, but now I'm not gonna because it'll just have ya'll depressed again.
                                LC
                                awwwwww but i wanna read it! spoilers?
                                My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Working...
                                X