Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipmas thread open!
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      Shipmas thread open!
      Merry Shipmas

Comment

Darn, I missed Shipmas..
        😥 Of course, I'd likely have missed it anyway since I had mild surgery the 18th and spent most of the 19th sleeping it off lol.
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
          Darn, I missed Shipmas..
          ������ Of course, I'd likely have missed it anyway since I had mild surgery the 18th and spent most of the 19th sleeping it off lol.
          I hope the surgery went well we had a fantastic Shipmas with lots of new content. So happy to be part of a fandom still active after so many years!

Comment

Hi! My name is Tanja and I am new here!

I recently started posting my second fanfic set during/after Threads and Sam & Jack finally coming together called Tying up another loose Thread for those who would like to check it out....
            Let me know what you think!

It is only my second Sam & Jack fanfic but not my last... I'm already working on a sequel set in season 9 and 10.
            Sam and Jack having a long distance relation with Sam being with SG-1 again and Jack in Washington.

Comment

Helllllloooooooo! I'm baaaaaack!!!!! (Anyone from the old guard still around?) I've been trying to log in for months--but my account got screwed up, and I've just gotten it straightened back out. Huzzah!

Anyhoo--I missed Shipmas, and am SOOOO sad about that, because I actually found the time to write a Christmas fic! Sad days.

So, here it is. Set within my Glinda universe (although she's not in it). It's Christmas and someone's missing. Jack has to kill some time until she arrives. Fluffy family shippy fun. I hope you enjoy!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13778628/1/Gifts
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I'm still here. I am in the process of writing a fan fiction, an SGA/SG-1 crossover, that has some Sam and Jack in it, but I have to watch some more Stargate in order to write more of any of my fics. I am up to a part where I need to use Vala and Mitchell and I have never written for those characters only Ben and Claudia's Farscape characters. Anybody have any season 10 episode suggestions?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I'm kind of in the minority that I really really loved Seasons 9 and 10. I liked Vala as a character. I liked Mitchell, too, and I also ship Daniel and Vala. Having said that, my favorite episodes of those seasons aren't necessarily the episodes that drive the story arcs. I really enjoy Ripple Effect, Crusade, and (my favorite) Bad Guys. But those two seasons are arc-driven more than previous seasons, I think, so it's important to watch them all and in order so that you get the gist of it all.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    I'm kind of in the minority that I really really loved Seasons 9 and 10. I liked Vala as a character. I liked Mitchell, too, and I also ship Daniel and Vala. Having said that, my favorite episodes of those seasons aren't necessarily the episodes that drive the story arcs. I really enjoy Ripple Effect, Crusade, and (my favorite) Bad Guys. But those two seasons are arc-driven more than previous seasons, I think, so it's important to watch them all and in order so that you get the gist of it all.
                    Thanks for the reply. I'll start with Uninvited, Bounty, and Bad Guys and see if that helps, because I can always watch more later on. I might even watch Morpheus and Line in the Sand. Whenever I get around to editing A Leap to Atlantis (SGA/Quantum Leap), I will then be able to post a preview of part two (SGA/SG-1) of my Rogue Ancients Quadrilogy, which is the fan fiction I briefly mentioned in my last post.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Yay! We've missed you <3

Comment

Did you know Richard Dean Anderson starred in the movie Odd Jobs (1986) and his character was named Spud? Funny isn't it?

As always

Comment

Happy Birthday to RDA! In honor of his birthday (just kidding -- I didn't know it was his birthday until someone told me in a review), I give you another chapter in my "Things Owed" series.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10972746/11/Things-Owed

Hope everyone has a shippy day!
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            When Henry Hayes became President of the United States, he reviewed the SGC and Area 51 to see if they should continue as is, be dissolved, or reorganized. He chose to reorganize. All US government departments relating the stargate and off-world activities when place under a new umbrella organization, Homeworld Command headed by George Hammond formerly of the SGC, and Jack was promoted to Brigadier General and placed in command of the SGC and Sam was promoted to Lt Colonel and given SG-1.

That lasted for a year when Jack was again promoted to Major General and given Homeworld Command because Hammond went for medical retirement. After this year, Sam after the death of her father and breaking up with Pete transferred to Area 51. Sam's time at Area 51 lasted only a few months as a new enemy was encountered and she went back to the SGC and SG-1.

After 2 years the new enemy was defeated and Sam was promoted to Colonel, completing Midway Station and then seconded to the IOA to lead the Atlantis Expedition. Sam was there for a year before she was replaced due to IOA politicking. Sam then spent a year doing unspecified duties before being given command of Homeworld's newest starship the George Hammond named after the late Gen. Hammond. It was revealed in the last episode of Stargate: Atlantis that he had died recently. (This was done to honor Don S. Davis the actor who played Hammond who had also recently died.)

Meanwhile Jack was again promoted to Lt. General and Sam was assigned to the division operating the starships which is separate from the SGC but under Homeworld.

As to Jack, his expertise relates to the Stargate and off-world operations thus so long as Jack and Sam remain in their current assignments there is always the potential for conflicts between their professional and personal lives.
                            Wow! This is an amazing recap! Thank you so much. Seasons 9 and 10 were such a boring mess for me, I had a hard time even following Sam and Jack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by gate101 View Post
                              And I would love to believe they got their crap sorted out post Threads, unfortunately the shows make it really hard to believe. The biggest hint of them being together is not even part of canon because for some idiotic reason they decided to cut it. And I can't get past the Martouf almost kiss. I don't like fickle Sam (it was bad enough already in S7-8) because Jack deserves better than that.
                              {snipped}
                              Me too. But don't totally blame the writers in that. They were sort of trapped. Amanda was very vocal about not wanting to be demoted to being the main star's girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by samfalstaff View Post
                                Originally posted by AmFor View Post
                                I am really not sure if he meant that. It would be nice for us-shippers, but maybe sometimes we want to see Sam/Jack topic in everything I would think he was referring to her work and possibility to get out of the ship. But who knows?
                                Yes, I certainly suffer from this.
                                Me too!!

Comment

Working...
                                X