Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    It's from the X-files...and for your sanity...I won't tell...without spoilers with whom AT is doing that scene...

Spoiler:
    it's with Colonel Caldwell...

Only in the X-files then of course...sam never did ...it...with Caldwell

Thank god!
    Indeed
    Spoiler:

So you wouldn't happen to have a clip of that would you

**bats eyelashes**

I never was an X files gal.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      Welllll, I guess I could go ahead and work through them for you.
      YAY!

*waits patiently*
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
        Indeed
        Spoiler:

So you wouldn't happen to have a clip of that would you

**bats eyelashes**

I never was an X files gal.
        If nobody else has I can rip it for you tomorrow. If XFChemist sees this she might provide (since you have to assume she has it. ) If not, PM me if you still need it.

Awesome job XFChemist. I have about a dozzen videos of yours queued up to watch but I'm still trying to catch up with fanfic I should have read ages ago. I really have no excuse excapt RL and internet life have been mad of late.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          If nobody else has I can rip it for you tomorrow. If XFChemist sees this she might provide (since you have to assume she has it. ) If not, PM me if you still need it.

Awesome job XFChemist. I have about a dozzen videos of yours queued up to watch but I'm still trying to catch up with fanfic I should have read ages ago. I really have no excuse excapt RL and internet life have been mad of late.
          Yay!!!!!

I said the vid was hot right. I hope XFChemist realizes that meant I liked it
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Is it shameful that I almost never watch vids because I'm afraid my husband will hear me. He totally knows about my obsession and knows I write fanfic and has sat through long discussions as to how the S/J relationship plays into the greater Stargate storyline and character development... but if he caught me watching vids...

It's a process. I don't think I told him about the fanfic until last year and we've been married almost five years >.<

I figure he didn't tell me he didn't like carrot cake until our first anniversary (it was our wedding cake).... so a girl has to have some mysteries left *cough cough*

I am pathetic. Good thing S/J are around to make me forget.

Comment

Is it shameful that I almost never watch vids because I'm afraid my husband will hear me. He totally knows about my obsession and knows I write fanfic and has sat through long discussions as to how the S/J relationship plays into the greater Stargate storyline and character development... but if he caught me watching vids...

It's a process. I don't think I told him about the fanfic until last year and we've been married almost five years >.<

I figure he didn't tell me he didn't like carrot cake until our first anniversary (it was our wedding cake).... so a girl has to have some mysteries left *cough cough*

I am pathetic. Good thing S/J are around to make me forget.
              My husband and I have been married for nearly 15 years. . .

AND. . . I first started writing fanfic a few years ago, but was only brave enough to post something last October. And now I'm totally addicted and write a lot.

When I first became aware that somebody had promoted a story of mine here on GW, he said, and I quote, "Don't these people have anything better to do?"

Sigh. I guess you can't convert them all!
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

i love it how many wives are writing fanfic and keeping it secret from their husbands but seriously i have never read anything by fans because i was worried it would be no good but alot of people seem to enjoy it so where can i read some and see for myself.
                sigpic
                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

oops i just realised how stupid i am because there is an entire fan fic section. i dont know how i missed it
                  sigpic

Comment

i love it how many wives are writing fanfic and keeping it secret from their husbands but seriously i have never read anything by fans because i was worried it would be no good but alot of people seem to enjoy it so where can i read some and see for myself.

Such. A. Loaded. Question.

Must. Hold. Back. Self-Promotion.

It depends on what you're looking for. Since you're on the S/J Appreciation thread, my guess is that you're a shipper, and there is a Sam/Jack recommendation thread on the Forum. I post mainly on Fanfiction.net, as do most of the other people on this thread--and you can choose "TV shows" and then find Stargate SG-1 on the Alphabetical list. The list shows who the main characters are, and then a short summary and rating, and you can start trying them out. You'll recognize a lot of the names on the first few pages.

Also, scrolling back through this list, people have linked their stories on their posts. You can click on those links and they will take you to the stories. There are a lot of REALLY talented writers out there. You can get lost for DAYS, I tell you! DAYS! Be prepared with food, drink, and in some cases, Kleenex.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      Such. A. Loaded. Question.

Must. Hold. Back. Self-Promotion.

It depends on what you're looking for. Since you're on the S/J Appreciation thread, my guess is that you're a shipper, and there is a Sam/Jack recommendation thread on the Forum. I post mainly on Fanfiction.net, as do most of the other people on this thread--and you can choose "TV shows" and then find Stargate SG-1 on the Alphabetical list. The list shows who the main characters are, and then a short summary and rating, and you can start trying them out. You'll recognize a lot of the names on the first few pages.

Also, scrolling back through this list, people have linked their stories on their posts. You can click on those links and they will take you to the stories. There are a lot of REALLY talented writers out there. You can get lost for DAYS, I tell you! DAYS! Be prepared with food, drink, and in some cases, Kleenex.
                      thanks ill check them out including yours since you tried so hard to not self promote. i also just found a short one about sam/jack on the fan fiction section here on GW it was called angler by someone called artaxastra and i was suprised it was very good. i have decided to check them out because i miss SG1 and need a fix.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have XFChemist's vids downloaded to my ipod. I take them everywhere.

Awesome vid, XFChemist! And thank you Jann for stalking her to make it.
                        sigpic
                        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

because i miss SG1 and need a fix.
                          And that's why we write. . .

In the proverbial nutshell. . .

And if you like what you read, feel free to leave a review. It's like blood, like life, like chocolate to writers.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

i wonder, if sam's mom had lived... would sam have gotten together with jack sooner, or not at all?....

just a random thought that popped into my head.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

i wonder, if sam's mom had lived... would sam have gotten together with jack sooner, or not at all?....

I don't think so. I'm not sure she would have gone into the military if it weren't for her father's influence after her death. And I'm not sure that she would have met Jack at all. Although I'm sure there's a fic there, but I don't do AU, so it's up to someone else!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

that...is an awesome question...*ponders* i think its possible that she may have becuase growing up without a mother made her have to be a more independant woman, and probably set in her that mindset that she didnt truly need a man to make her happy and with a mother i could possibly make her more open to a relationship. however, even if she had mother alive and wound up still joining the air force (which if her mother was alive maybe she wouldnt have?) it could be that her and jack would still be in the same boat, with the regulations and what not getting in the way...

but thats just my (probably terrible) take on it
                                sigpic
                                thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Working...
                                X