Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    I got a good snicker from this little fic.

Futility - crowdedangels
    That was cute.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      That was cute.
      I second that.

Comment

Very cute!
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Totally loved that little fic!!!
          <3!!!!
          .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

The one where she makes a … strong … first impression…

and he doesn’t let on that he’s a little intimidated … and intrigued…
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

The one where she’s already got a touch of hero worship...

and he doesn’t hide his concern for her.
              sigpic
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

The one where he recognizes how incredibly beautiful she is …

(seriously, watch Jack’s face through the entire scene!)

but also how incredibly capable she is.

sigpic

Comment

The one where their “animal” attraction becomes apparent…

but has to manifests itself in playful banter… (for the next eight years…)
                  sigpic

Comment

The one where Sam has a type...
                    "I guess I've always had a soft spot for the lunatic fringe..."

and the one where Jack has a type...
                    sigpic

Comment

The (first) one where she leaves her position for him…

… and has to touch him in order to assure herself he’s alright.
                      sigpic

Comment

The one where she’s disappointed in him…

…but refuses to leave his side.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Good guess! I'm not doing NaNoWriMo specifically, but I did set a personal goal of writing 30,000 words of my SG fanfiction which I hope will see the light of day sooner rather than later.

Are you doing NaNoWriMo?
                          Good luck! I finished a 36,000 word fanfic this summer and it was so difficult. You can do it!!

I am doing NaNo. Well, trying anyway.

Thor's Hammer!

I'm not making a list because there was nothing shippy about the episode. Plus, there were only a few things I liked.

I noticed something interesting while listening. The Cimmerians were told that the Asgard would introduce them when they were "older". That is a nice hint that they think along the same lines as the Nox.

I really liked the character of Kendra.

I never have been a fan of the Unas episodes, but I loved James Earl Jones being the voice.

I always thought it was a really bad thing for Jack to have Daniel destroy the Hammer. He could have have handed the staff weapon to Sam and had her do it. But no, he destroys Daniel's hope and then makes Daniel literally destroy it.

My closed captioning said that Hammond says "You have a goal." All this time I thought he would tell them they have a "go."

Comment

If anyone has a little Friends inspired title ("The one where...") for Thor's Hammer, I'm open to suggestions. I'm having a bit more trouble finding shippy bits in this episode...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen1984 View Post
                              Good luck! I finished a 36,000 word fanfic this summer and it was so difficult. You can do it!!

I am doing NaNo. Well, trying anyway.

Thor's Hammer!

I'm not making a list because there was nothing shippy about the episode. Plus, there were only a few things I liked.

I noticed something interesting while listening. The Cimmerians were told that the Asgard would introduce them when they were "older". That is a nice hint that they think along the same lines as the Nox.

I really liked the character of Kendra.

I never have been a fan of the Unas episodes, but I loved James Earl Jones being the voice.

I always thought it was a really bad thing for Jack to have Daniel destroy the Hammer. He could have have handed the staff weapon to Sam and had her do it. But no, he destroys Daniel's hope and then makes Daniel literally destroy it.

My closed captioning said that Hammond says "You have a goal." All this time I thought he would tell them they have a "go."
                              I completely agree about Daniel destroying the Hammer. I feel like it's supposed to be meaningful or symbolic or something, but really I just always think about how terrible that would have been for him.

Also, I'm sure it's "You have a go." The subtitles are rife with mistakes. My subtitles for "Lifeboat" in Season 7 has Sam calling out for "Jack" instead of "Janet" when she wakes up, and as shippy as that would be, that's just not what she's saying!
                              sigpic

Comment

Actually, I think it was a good thing that Jack gave Daniel the staff weapon to destroy Thor's Hammer. If anyone else had done it, Daniel would have had a hard time forgiving them. I know he later gets over Teal'c killing Sha're|Amaunet, but this is early days and Jack can't afford for his team to disintegrate.

The moment showed Daniel's acceptance of the situation/solution and he took chose his teammate's fate (the one who was partly responsible for Sha're becoming a host) over the small chance of getting Amaunet/Klorel to Cimmeria to use Thor's Hammer on them.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X