Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #10
    Obsession

Obsession Drabble.
    Spoiler:

To Samantha Carter-O’Neill, nothing was more precious these days then spending time with her family especially spending time with her grumpy retired and former US Air Force general/husband, Jack O’Neill and her apple of her eye, Jacob George O’Neill.

"D’oh!” came the reply as Sam looked and saw Jack rubbing his head after banging it on the inside of the Entertainment Center.

“You okay , Jack?”

“Just peachy, Carter.” He gruffly replied as he finally found what he was looking for.

“Except what I wanna know who put the recent season of the Simpson way in the back of the bottom self. Was it you Sport?” He looks over to his son who was more interested in his feet than he was in listening to his dad.

“Yeah I didn’t think so. Well Carter?”

“Yes, because your obsession with that show is corrupting our son. I don’t want his first word to be something that came from a cartoon with yellow characters.”

“Oh come on, Carter. I think it would be kinda cool.”

“No Jack.”

Jack was about to retort when he heard a soft “D’oh” come behind him and the two parents looked and saw their son just smiling and giggling. When he looked back at his wife, he knew he was in trouble by the way she gave him “the look.”

“Alright, Fine you win. It’s an obsession. But it has never beaten my obsession for you.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      I wanted my last drabble to be something different (read: breaking conventions with length!) so here's my closing one.

Spoiler:
      She locks the steering wheel, slams down on the clutch and yanks up the handbrake, feeling the alarming lurch of the car to the right as it spins a hundred and eighty degrees, throwing her into a slight skid that she easily corrects with hard counter-steering and throttle control. With her heart still pounding in her ears, Sam barks a laugh, inordinately pleased with herself for shaking that damned stalker of a cop that she calls her brother’s bad judgement.

Ten minutes later, she screeches to a stop in front of a familiar house, seeing the door conveniently open as a dishevelled silver-haired man steps out to take the morning paper.

Perfect timing.

Grinning slyly, Sam runs up the porch to him just as she catches a glimpse of the cop coming to a stop just behind her car.

The confusion is evident in his face. “Carter? You in troub-?”

Her lips eat up the last of his words.

From a distance, she hears a car quietly put in reverse, the sound suspiciously resembling the whine of a guilty puppy.

Mission accomplished.

It’s the last she’ll ever hear of someone called Shanahan.
      I couldn't green you, but... LOVE!
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Virtual green Ikorni!
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I chose to end with a sappy drabble
          do you forgive me?

OBSESSION

Spoiler:

“Jack come to bed. If I didn’t know you I would think you’re obsessed with her.” Sam tried to joke but knowing it was a delicate topic for his husband.

“I… just need… to check she’s okay, that she is still breathing. I can’t help it!”

Sam wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his shoulder.

“I understand. During my first night with her I didn’t sleep, I just cuddled her all the time. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. I love her so much and I love you too.”

“I love you too Sam.”

sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Obsessed drabble

Spoiler:
            “Come one Carter! Just pick one already!” Jack whined as he motioned towards the panel in front of him.

“I can’t just pick one! It has to be perfect!” she argued as she gestured towards one section of the panel.

“It doesn’t matter which one you pick!” he sighed. “What about this one?” he pointed to a particular tab.

“That’s far too dark.”

“Then this one,” he suggested.

“No, that’s too light,” she answered as she narrowed her gaze.

“Why are you so obsessed about a shade of pink?”

“This is for Grace’s room Jack! Which we are painting, remember?”

Just need to do #8 now!
            sigpic
            Sig made by Nola
            Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
              Obsessed drabble

Spoiler:
              “Come one Carter! Just pick one already!” Jack whined as he motioned towards the panel in front of him.

“I can’t just pick one! It has to be perfect!” she argued as she gestured towards one section of the panel.

“It doesn’t matter which one you pick!” he sighed. “What about this one?” he pointed to a particular tab.

“That’s far too dark.”

“Then this one,” he suggested.

“No, that’s too light,” she answered as she narrowed her gaze.

“Why are you so obsessed about a shade of pink?”

“This is for Grace’s room Jack! Which we are painting, remember?”

Just need to do #8 now!
              Absolutely adorable! (And a little relate-able for me right now as I've been obsessing over paint colors - and painting - for many weeks now!) I couldn't green you, though, so you got a comment instead.
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

My Obsession drabble, and this time actually 100 words

Spoiler:
                Drabble Prompt #10
                Obsession

„You are obsessed with something,“ stated Jack. „Don't you think you could hide it from me.“ „No, I'm not.“ „What is it then, your work?“ „No, but, hm, sometimes maybe yes.“ „Or is it the blue jello thing? I've never got that at all.“ „No, not that. As much as I like it, I could easily eat red one. Or green. Sometimes.“ „But what about...“ „Jack,“ she knew he wouldn't stop for the rest of the evening, „Ok, you're right, I have an obsession, and that is Jack O'Neill!“ And she silenced everything else he might say with a kiss.
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                    **Whoa!! Sparky's in the way again. Bowls her over and bumps irradned sprinting in to submit....**

Spoiler:
                    Triumph:

Cold water hit his body like a slap to the face. He needed it.

Weak wasn’t a word used to describe Jack O’Neill but he’d realized he was.

Jack’s weakness; Samantha Carter. Rank didn’t allow fantasy fulfillment, honour wouldn’t condone disregarding rules.

So Jack took cold showers, after team dinners in establishments that facilitated dancing; after the rare opportunity of taking Sam home; sometimes after just thinking about her at home, alone.

It’d been happening for years, more often now than was comfortable, but as the cold rushed over his body, Jack acknowledged a bittersweet triumph; he would go another day.

Jack O’Neill took cold showers.

**Bolts back out desperately trying to keep up.**
                    That was you?
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

"Now Carter! I don't want to stop at each and every corner just because you want to study in your scientific way all houses we encounter. I will build one for you just as you imagine if you are that obsessed with having the perfect house when our little Jake will born."
                      "Jack, it's a girl and you know it."
                      "What's your point?"
                      "My point is that we should give HER a girl name, don't you think?"
                      "But i liike Jake. Can't we shave her had and put her boy clothes and of course name her Jake?"
                      "Really hope you're kidding."
                      "Just with the shaving part, boys can wear long hair too.."
                      "Oook, so you're in that time of the month again, and me who i thought that I AM obsessed..."
                      sigpic

Comment

My contribution to Obsession...

She was his obsession
                        From the moment she walked in
                        And verbally decimated Kawalsky and Feretti

She was his obsession
                        Even when there were other men sniffing around
                        And his eyes would turn green

Now that she was his and his alone
                        They had a new obsession to share
                        Their little girl
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I've greened where I could, hopefully a new supply of green will arrive soon

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Aw, don't worry about it! I live in the angst cavern so it's all good. Just hadn't been expecting it at the time
                          Thanks fems - I won't make that mistake again

Comment

I don't know *quite* where I live: the fluffy clouds, the angst caverns, the volcano of squee, or the gutter.

What do you guys think?
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

What is it with this current obsession everyone seems to have with and babies?!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                What is it with this current obsession everyone seems to have with and babies?!
                                I hope you're not talking about those two together... ö
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X