Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    I just re watched the window of op kiss and, whilst I appreciate the romantic gesture of the dip, I feel it was a little unnecessary. When Jack says "So I can do this!", the look on his face as he kisses her is pretty damn hot - then he gets so caught up in the dip that it wavers a bit. Man, to be AT that day lol
    Well, she kisses him back, so she got caught up in it too

Comment

[ATTACH]37789[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]37790[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]37791[/ATTACH]

Just because, you know, we don't get enough kisses with our Sam and Jack onscreen!

I like the last one the best tho
      I don't know if its because I don't have enough posts or something but the first two links don't work. They come up as invalid.

Love the third one though
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
        I don't know if its because I don't have enough posts or something but the first two links don't work. They come up as invalid.
        I can't see them either - but the third one?

Comment

I had the same thing happen, so it has nothing to do with how many posts you have.

Comment

I can't see the top two either
            sigpic
            Sig made by Nola
            Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I had the same thing happen, so it has nothing to do with how many posts you have.
              I can't seem to post pictures on GW from my ipad - it either tells me they're too big or doesn't show them

image.jpg
              image.jpg
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

By the way I just finished reading annerb's string theory. It's a long one about an AU Sam and Jack but it's fantastic, well worth the read. Then again, everything Annerb writes is gold dust!

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/3064262/1/

Comment

I can't seem to post pictures on GW from my ipad - it either tells me they're too big or doesn't show them

[ATTACH]37794[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]37795[/ATTACH]
                  Ah thank you, yeah, I prefer the bottom one too.

By the way I just finished reading annerb's string theory. It's a long one about an AU Sam and Jack but it's fantastic, well worth the read. Then again, everything Annerb writes is gold dust!

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/3064262/1/
                  I think several people have recommended that fic *bookmarks* I actually thought I'd run out of reading material - I think I'm set for a while yet with all the lists on here.
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

[ATTACH]37794[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH]37795[/ATTACH]
                    Oooooh, I like number one too

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                      Oooooh, I like number one too
                      Does it make me a bad person to not care that *technically* Sam is cheating on Pete in the second one?

Comment

Ah thank you, yeah, I prefer the bottom one too.

I think several people have recommended that fic *bookmarks* I actually thought I'd run out of reading material - I think I'm set for a while yet with all the lists on here.
                        I thought I'd read heaps of fanfic years ago and kept updated on ff.net almost daily. I've recently realised that there's a whole treasure trove of M/R/NC-17 fic that I avoided years ago so I'm slowly trawling my way back through it all

Comment

Does it make me a bad person to not care that *technically* Sam is cheating on Pete in the second one?
                          Since that's Amanda and Rick (and not Sam and Jack), she's not cheating on anybody. And even if it was Sam and Jack, I wouldn't call it cheating since Sam and Pete have barely even started dating at this point.

Comment

Since that's Amanda and Rick (and not Sam and Jack), she's not cheating on anybody. And even if it was Sam and Jack, I wouldn't call it cheating since Sam and Pete have barely even started dating at this point.
                            Couldn't agree more

I've recently realised that there's a whole treasure trove of M/R/NC-17 fic that I avoided years ago so I'm slowly trawling my way back through it all
                            A treasure trove indeed, so much NC-17 fanfic, so little time

Comment

I kinda disagree with the latter, since Chimera took place before Death Knell and in that episode they seemed to know each other quite well and Sam slept with him for the first time, plus she thought their relationship was already serious enough to confide in him about what she really did for a living... and in the end, he even got clearance to know about the SGC!

On the other hand, I think it's another one of those "oops!" moments from the writers/PTB. We already discussed the relationship a while ago and how much it didn't make sense with there only being a month between Evolution and Death Knell and how much had happened in between those episodes, so in that case you could ask yourself how serious their relationship could be when they only knew each other for less than a month (or at least dating, perhaps she'd already met him via Mark before, although I find that unlikely). But again, I want to emphasize how ridiculous that is, in my opinion, since I sincerely doubt the President of the United States would agree to give clearance to a guy Sam is seeing and has known for less than a month, regardless of what he saw or thought he saw at Daniel's place...
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                I kinda disagree with the latter, since Chimera took place before Death Knell and in that episode they seemed to know each other quite well and Sam slept with him for the first time, plus she thought their relationship was already serious enough to confide in him about what she really did for a living... and in the end, he even got clearance to know about the SGC!

On the other hand, I think it's another one of those "oops!" moments from the writers/PTB. We already discussed the relationship a while ago and how much it didn't make sense with there only being a month between Evolution and Death Knell and how much had happened in between those episodes, so in that case you could ask yourself how serious their relationship could be when they only knew each other for less than a month (or at least dating, perhaps she'd already met him via Mark before, although I find that unlikely). But again, I want to emphasize how ridiculous that is, in my opinion, since I sincerely doubt the President of the United States would agree to give clearance to a guy Sam is seeing and has known for less than a month, regardless of what he saw or thought he saw at Daniel's place...

ETA:

I don't really do a lot rec'ing and I'm rather picky when it comes to fanfic but I would suggest you taking a look at the following links, which should give you a few hours/days of reading pleasure.

Annerb's SJ Fic Rec Masterlist

Fic Recs: Sam/Jack

Annerb's Sam/Jack Fic (master list)

It's got a little bit of everything and some nice gems (and most of annerb's fics are just really worth the read), so I'm sure you can find some fics there that are to your liking.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X