• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly...

In the Line of Duty [4]

vs.

Death Knell [4]

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

Jack's relentless search for Sam. Just arriving on the planet and Reynolds says "Who could of survived this?" and that look Jack gives him...OUCH! Sam digging deep for strength to stay alive and only when Jack shows up does she finally allow herself to succumb to the exhaustion. Not so much the hug but the intense emotional struggle in the 20 seconds before it.
    yeah, the look on Jack's face when Sam tells him that she needs to rest a minute - I'll bet that she's never asked for that particular concession before (that being Daniel's job!). The fact that all the "he-who-must-not-be-named" stuff happened prior to that ep also adds to it.

Plus one of the reasons I love death knell to pieces is that I feel like early season two, the two are still getting to know each other. And while there's definately bonding and concern, it's just not as deep as in season 7. As an added bonus, it's a "super sam" ep and I can never resist one of those.

Comment

In the Line of Duty [4]

vs.

Death Knell [5]

I also love the scene in the lockerroom, with Teal'c telling Jack about how Sam was while he was "in paradise". Plus, Jack knowing how much it must have taken for Sam to ask for "just a minute". And the whole "super Sam" thing, too.
      Although, I have to say, I think ITLOD might have been when Jack started to realize he really cared about Sam, and not just as a subordinate (IMHO).

Comment

In the Line of Duty [4]

vs.

Death Knell [6]

In ITLO we see Jack totally scared for Sam but IMO his is still trying to figure out his feelings for her, they are already beyond what he should feel for a 2IC but I don't think that he is aware of how deep they are becoming
        , not yet. In DK he is totally in love with her, though he believes that she moved on and doesn't care about him anymore. the ending is heartbreaking, with he who can finally start breathing normally again cuz she is alive. It seems that he is refraining himself to touch her to verify that she is really alive but them gives up and say C'mere and the world outside stops to exist for them! (damn it is hard to type on my phone)
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

In the Line of Duty [4]

vs.

Death Knell [7]

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            In ITLO we see Jack totally scared for Sam but IMO his is still trying to figure out his feelings for her, they are already beyond what he should feel for a 2IC but I don't think that he is aware of how deep they are becoming, not yet.

In DK he is totally in love with her, though he believes that she moved on and doesn't care about him anymore. the ending is heartbreaking, with he who can finally start breathing normally again cuz she is alive. It seems that he is refraining himself to touch her to verify that she is really alive but them gives up and say C'mere and the world outside stops to exist for them! (damn it is hard to type on my phone)
            Bolding mine. Well said - that's what I was trying to articulate earlier Also, The end is just so poignant! (nooo....this is making me want to read fic, and I've given that up for lent...alas)

Comment

In the Line of Duty [4]

vs.

Death Knell [8]
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

**hugs Ship family**

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                I was trying something out and forgot that when I replaced the file the text would show up. Yesterday it was blank, promise.
                Hey, I'm lovin' your banners so you go girl!

I like the scene when Sam and Jacob are telling Jack and Daniel they want to blow up a sun. Jack seems totally stunned by the audacity of the whole thing. Jacob asks him for a go and Jack won't make up his mind. Then Sam jumps in and he immediately says OK.
                **sigh**

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                Nice one.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                Good morning, friends!

So, as I was up late last night with my kids' science fair projects (three due all at once! Ugh!) I was thinking about Sam and Jack (Of course. Why wouldn't I?).

Questions:

Did Sam totally kick butt on her science fair projects when she was a kid?

Did Jack?

and

If Sam and Jack did have kid(s), how involved would Sam be in the projects? Would she have a hard time not taking over?

I've got my own ideas, but I'm just wondering what the "community" thinks.

I think Sam would so have kicked butt at Science projects.

Jack, not so much, unless it was a real challenge to him, I don't think he would have cared too much but would naturally do well.

I think Sam would be a great teacher and would use those skills to encourage her kid(s) to excel. Let's face it - chances are they would be brilliant themselves and I can see her nuturing, encouraging and even challenging them to go beyond what would come simply and easily to them.

My PS muse has been working overtime lately.

(from a tut by Nad)

Now if only I could get my writing muse back on the job!
                Hugs the PS muse while coaxing the writing muse on

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                Hey guys!

I'm writing an SG fanfic and I'd like your opinion on a matter:

Spoiler:
                I'm writing a rather typical SG team story (SG-1 gets trapped on a planet, chased by bad guys) but as I've been developing the plot, I've realized that Daniel and Teal'c are quite underused.

By this, I mean that while they're there and participating in the conflict, they could easily be removed from the story and the story would be just fine. Emphasis is placed more on Jack and Sam and the original characters in the story who actually are integral to the plot.

I love team fics, and I would like Daniel and Teal'c to be in the story, however, the story ended up with quite a few original characters and I'm wondering if I should cut Daniel and Teal'c so that I only have to focus on the other characters.

So there's the question: Do you think I should keep Daniel and Teal'c in, even though I have quite a few other characters and they are as integral to the plot, in order to maintain the team aspect of the story? Or should I make it a fic just about Jack and Sam stranded on a planet in order to decrease the number of characters I need to worry about?

I know I could do either and make the story work, but I'm wondering if any of you, especially other fic writers, have any thoughts on the subject. Thanks!
                This happens to me as well - a lot.

If it's a team fic you should try to flesh out the roles of Daniel and Teal'c. What's the focus of the story ie what do you want the reader to get out of it. If it's the team dynamic then more D&T, if it's Sam and Jack then the focus on the others doesn't need to be so great, although having D&T in the story doesn't hurt but it only adds to it imho.

I look forward to reading it.

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                In the Line of Duty [4]

vs.

Death Knell [9]
                Because, like others said, there's a quiet desperation to Jack throughout the ep, not knowing whether Sam is alive. The end scence is exactly as it should be:

Jack had to present the Colonel although he's feeling so much more than the Colonel in him should
                Sam asking for what she needed which is so unlike her, but this had been a desperate situation.
                Jack recognized that and gave her and, in fact, them what they both needed.
                (That hug was just as much for Jack as it was for Sam in my opinion.)
                Teal'c keeping watch over the Supersoldier and them while they have the only moment they will.

Yeah - It's Death Knell in my books.
                Last edited by trinity3; 08 March 2012, 04:40 AM.
                sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

In the Line of Duty [4]

vs.

Death Knell [10]

Death Knell all the way--mostly because it's later in the series. Sure, ITLOD has some shippy parts--but how much more has their relationship and the feelings involved in it progressed in the succeeding years? The angst is better because the ship is better at that point. It's more than an attraction at this point in the series, it's full fledged "I'd rather have died" need.

So, Death Knell. Absolutely.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Just a gentle reminder that perhaps today wouldn't be the best day for 'Gate Travel. . .

Solar Flares
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Just a gentle reminder that perhaps today wouldn't be the best day for 'Gate Travel. . .

Solar Flares
                      It would be great if they need to time travel
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

It is apparently International Women's Day today, so, Happy Day to all the ladies on the forum today.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          It is apparently International Women's Day today, so, Happy Day to all the ladies on the forum today.
                          And to you!
                          Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            It is. Its symbol in Italy is:

Spoiler:

Men should give these flowers to women
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hi to you all, RL family business kept me away a bit, but then I saw a new nice game here

In the Line of Duty [4]

vs.

Death Knell [11]

Solar Flares
                              Heard it on the news this morning and thought about that at once
                              sigpic

Comment

In the Line of Duty [4]

vs.

Death Knell [12]

Jack is worried about Sam. Sam kicks Supersoldier butt. Action. Adventure. Hugs. Fab episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X