No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else want to choose an ep to pick a favorite scene from?

I've just been pulling them randomly.

Comment

Home movies...

sigpic

Comment

cooking together...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          If I had to choose one scene from . . .

Exodus

. . . it would be . . .
          I absolutely love the scene when they narrowly escape being destroyed, and Jack and Jacob are going back and forth about pessimism. And Sam's last comment is "Welcome to my life (or was it world...too dang tired lol)", and Jack is just trying to catch up.

I always enjoy the comedic aspects, and I have to think that Jacob would have enjoyed having Jack for a S-I-L.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Home movies...

that is so cool
            sigpic
            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
              I absolutely love the scene when they narrowly escape being destroyed, and Jack and Jacob are going back and forth about pessimism. And Sam's last comment is "Welcome to my life (or was it world...too dang tired lol)", and Jack is just trying to catch up.

I always enjoy the comedic aspects, and I have to think that Jacob would have enjoyed having Jack for a S-I-L.
              I love that scene. It's one of my faves of all time. A rare moment where Jacob gets to have some fun... And of course we get to see how maybe Sam and Jacob have similar senses of humor-- in the way that daughters are all too familiar with their fathers' sense of humor.

Comment

G'Day all
                sigpic
                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Good morning, friends!

So, as I was up late last night with my kids' science fair projects (three due all at once! Ugh!) I was thinking about Sam and Jack (Of course. Why wouldn't I?).

Questions:

Did Sam totally kick butt on her science fair projects when she was a kid?

Did Jack?

and

If Sam and Jack did have kid(s), how involved would Sam be in the projects? Would she have a hard time not taking over?

I've got my own ideas, but I'm just wondering what the "community" thinks.

sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I don't think Sam would totally take over: just look at how she was with Merrin and the naquadah generator. She'd want her kids to figure it out themselves and teach them/help them out instead of take over the entire project.

It also depends on the circumstances: would she even have time to be heavily involved with the kids' school projects with her work?
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I agree with Fems. She wouldn't take them over, assuming she wasn't up to her eyeballs in alligators at work. I think she'd help if they asked, but she would make it very clear that it was their project to do.
                      As for her own projects growing up, I think she probably did well, but I think it may have been tempered by the whole military kid moving around thing. And Jack...well, Jack, probably not so much. I know that he likes to play at being dumb, and that they don't make idiots into pilots (or Special Ops, really), but I don't think he would have done more than he needed to, even if only because he was doing other stuff that he considered more important. Just my opinion. We really got so little of his back story, beyond his career and his marriage with Sara, it's hard to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                        I love that scene. It's one of my faves of all time. A rare moment where Jacob gets to have some fun... And of course we get to see how maybe Sam and Jacob have similar senses of humor-- in the way that daughters are all too familiar with their fathers' sense of humor.
                        Yep, what you said. And the fact that Jack is completely unprepared for it. I've also looked at it with my rosy shipper glasses as Jack getting an up close and personal intro to the family dynamic.

Comment

My PS muse has been working overtime lately.

(from a tut by Nad)

Now if only I could get my writing muse back on the job!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            cooking together...

I like that Jack is the chef!

Comment

I've just been watching Maternal Instinct. While there is nothing obviously shippy, I did notice that this episode is an example of how Jack and Sam really do think alike. It is often Sam and Daniel who are pegged as similar, and while they share a strong intellectual curiosity and intelligence Sam, like Jack, comes to things with much more skepticism than Daniel. I think at heart Jack and Sam are both realists whereas Daniel (and Teal'c too) tends to be more of an idealist.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                I've just been watching Maternal Instinct. While there is nothing obviously shippy, I did notice that this episode is an example of how Jack and Sam really do think alike. It is often Sam and Daniel who are pegged as similar, and while they share a strong intellectual curiosity and intelligence Sam, like Jack, comes to things with much more skepticism than Daniel. I think at heart Jack and Sam are both realists whereas Daniel (and Teal'c too) tends to be more of an idealist.
                                That's actually a good way to look at it. I had never thought that before, but I do agree.
                                sigpic
                                The Return of King Arthur
                                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Working...
                                X