Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Any ideas for text that would go with this banner?

Comment

If I had to choose one scene from . . .

Exodus

. . . it would be . . .

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I was pulling out screen caps and came across one I liked so I fiddled with the coloring a little bit.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...etense-Pic.jpg
        Lovely! I've always loved that shot and the shipper in me is positive that she's thinking about Jack.

Help!

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...s/Pretense.jpg
        I'll take a stab at it. I'm not sure the expressions on their faces match this though.
        "I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love." --Mother Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          How do you get "Sam cheated on Jack" from Sam behind bars?
          hammond got angry and put her there
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
            I know there was some talk of the third film - Revelation - being about the world finding out about the Stargate programme, does anyone think a reboot would possibly run with that idea? I think I would be worried if they did that but it is probably the next logical step. I think it would be too easy for them to get buried in the politics with that. I, personally, found the political episodes of SG1 etc. the hardest to watch. I want the action!
            While I love the action, if we didn't get the politics, the stakes wouldn't be high or as complicated so I feel that those eps add to the whole situation (and the angst!).

Plus, without the politics, I wouldn't know random facts about the US such as the appropriations committee holding all the funding.

True Fact: not too long ago during the college tournament, one the "answers" to a Jeopardy question (something about which senate committee holds all the funding for military operations?) was "what is the appropriations committee"

This reminds me of the GSR reveal in CSI. It was something they'd been hinting at all season long, with little moments here, a subtle look there... And so in the final scene of the season finale, Grissom is lying on a bed in his bathrobe, waxing philosophical about how he'd prefer to die, when in saunters Sara, fresh faced and open in nothing but her own flowery robe.

It's probably one of the best confirmations ever, because I (as a longtime shipper) knew exactly who it was he was talking to, when everyone else thought it would be Lady Heather, but it was Sara and the scene was just so natural and comfortable that it was just totally perfect.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that with Sam and Jack. Something commonplace, not necessarily sexual in nature, that conveys in a single scene how comfortable they are, how ready they are, and how right it is. And also something that implies that they've shared similar scenes like that for a long while now. Something like... eating breakfast, cooking dinner, having a conversation in a bedroom with nothing but their robes on. Something like that...
            I COMPLETELY agree - that GSR reveal was wonderful. I can see Sam and Jack in perhaps not that exact situation (as someone has already mentioned...Kerry had similar scene with Jack), but defiantely something nonchalant, casual, ordinary. Like making a cake together. Because ordinary is weird for them.

Comment

Pretense.

I was watching it yesterday with my super shippy glasses. There's not much overtly shippy, but I like the way Jack and Sam are always adjusting their position to be standing next to each other and looking at one another and just very aware of each other.
              It's a lovely banner. Though it's not a rose, the robbie burns poem comes to mind

Spoiler:
              0, my love is like a red, red rose,
              that's newly sprung in June.
              0, my love is like a melody,
              that's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair thou art, my bonnie lass,
              so deep in love am I,
              And I will love thee still, my dear,
              till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
              and the rocks melt wi' the sun!
              And I will love thee still, my dear,
              while the sands of life shall run.

And fare the weel, my only love!
              And fare the well awhile!
              And I will come again, my love.
              Tho it were ten thousand mile!

Especially the first and the last lines...they would go 10 thousand light years for each other!

The other thing it really reminded me of was "In Flanders Fields" but I don't know how that would fit....

Comment

I was pulling out screen caps and came across one I liked so I fiddled with the coloring a little bit.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...etense-Pic.jpg
                I also like who's coming around the corner -- it's a nice composition for my shippy heart

sigpic

Comment

Help!

[]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Gateworld%20Rewatch%20Banners/Pretense.jpg[/IMG]
                  John McRae's poem seems kind of appropriate--it's not shippy, but I was just thinking about and missing Don Davis yesterday. . .

The bolded portion would especially be fitting in this regard.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
                  Between the crosses, row on row,
                  That mark our place; and in the sky
                  The larks, still bravely singing, fly
                  Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
                  We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
                  Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
                  In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
                  To you from failing hands we throw
                  The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die
                  We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
                  In Flanders fields.

While I was finding that one, I ran across another favorite--this one from Shakespeare:

Sonnet 63 "Against my love shall be as I am now"

Against my love shall be as I am now,
                  With Time's injurious hand crush'd and o'erworn;
                  When hours have drain'd his blood and fill'd his brow
                  With lines and wrinkles; when his youthful morn
                  Hath travelled on to age's steepy night;
                  And all those beauties whereof now he's king
                  Are vanishing, or vanished out of sight,
                  Stealing away the treasure of his spring;
                  For such a time do I now fortify
                  Against confounding age's cruel knife,
                  That he shall never cut from memory
                  My sweet love's beauty, though my lover's life:
                  His beauty shall in these black lines be seen,
                  And they shall live, and he in them still green.

Read this one in Sam's voice as she talks about Jack. Kinda works, doesn't it?
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    I also like who's coming around the corner -- it's a nice composition for my shippy heart

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...1_315_5191.jpg
                    Yes, that's why I chose the shot I did, because I liked how Jack was in the background just in shadow. I highlighted that area to draw your eye to it.

Comment

This reminds me of the GSR reveal in CSI. It was something they'd been hinting at all season long, with little moments here, a subtle look there... And so in the final scene of the season finale, Grissom is lying on a bed in his bathrobe, waxing philosophical about how he'd prefer to die, when in saunters Sara, fresh faced and open in nothing but her own flowery robe.

It's probably one of the best confirmations ever, because I (as a longtime shipper) knew exactly who it was he was talking to, when everyone else thought it would be Lady Heather, but it was Sara and the scene was just so natural and comfortable that it was just totally perfect.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that with Sam and Jack. Something commonplace, not necessarily sexual in nature, that conveys in a single scene how comfortable they are, how ready they are, and how right it is. And also something that implies that they've shared similar scenes like that for a long while now. Something like... eating breakfast, cooking dinner, having a conversation in a bedroom with nothing but their robes on. Something like that...
                      Yeah. I like the idea of them in the kitchen together.

Kewl!

Help!

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Gateworld%20Rewatch%20Banners/Pretense.jpg
                      I think you've already got it there
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                        I think you've already got it there
                        I was trying something out and forgot that when I replaced the file the text would show up. Yesterday it was blank, promise.

Comment

Exodus
                          . . . it would be . . .
                          Sam Exodus.jpg

: Something wrong?
                          : No. I've just never blown up a star before.
                          : Well they say the first one's always the hardest. They say that.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I was trying something out and forgot that when I replaced the file the text would show up. Yesterday it was blank, promise.
                            It was blank 15 minutes ago, too...weird.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

This one shouldn't change.

Comment

Exodus

. . . it would be . . .
                                I like the scene when Sam and Jacob are telling Jack and Daniel they want to blow up a sun. Jack seems totally stunned by the audacity of the whole thing. Jacob asks him for a go and Jack won't make up his mind. Then Sam jumps in and he immediately says OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X