Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best of the Ship is . . .

Grabbing each other in the SGC Corridors (Sacrifices)

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (6)

*sigh*
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (7)
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (8)

Comment

UhSir, yes, you should hop on in. It's kind of like a tournament. Various moments of S/J significance are put up against each other in pairs, and we slowly weed out the ones we like, and the winners of each bracket go up against each other until there's only one winner.

If you've ever done brackets for the US NCAA basketball tournament, it's rather like that. Or like the tournament in the Karate Kid movie, where the kid moves up to each consecutive round until he makes it to the championship, and then wins.

It's fun, and it's sparking some great discussion.

Also, on a side note you guys are all AWESOME!!! This vid is gonna be great!

And, to call out UhSir again--- You made my job SUPER easy! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
            Okay, so I'm confused about what this "Best of the Ship" voting is all about? I'm way, way, WAY behind on it so should I bother? I'm guessing there's no going back voting, right?

Anyhoo, I wanted to let you all know that I made some huge overhauls to my Sam/Jack videos. I "cleaned up" the older ones with their yucky letterboxing and varying aspects and made them all proper-like. More details plus links to everything at this LiveJournal post.
            It's a tournament style game we're playing. You can find the explanation and rules here.

We are on the third bracket of round one. You can jump in and start voting anytime.

If you want to add your opinions and votes to the past match-ups you are welcome to do so, but they won't count toward the totals because those winners have already been selected to move on to the next round of competition.

But it's all just in fun to have something to talk about and argue over. (In the most good natured way possible of course.)

Edit: What selene said.

Comment

You shippers are a fickle lot.

Last round it was all fluff and no angst. This round it's all angst and no fluff.

Make up your mind.

Comment

I think the angst factor plays a major role in that!
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (9)

hindncr, there is fluff and there is angst...sometimes one is just so much more than the other. This time, for me anyway, it's angst all the way!
                  sigpic

Comment

Grabbing each other in the SGC Corridors (Sacrifices) (1)

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (9)

I'm going to be the oddball rebel. I LOVE, LOVE Lost City, because of the reasons everyone else has mentioned but...I've been in the gutter pool for so long that I decided to stay in there. Soooo, my vote goes to grabbing...and holding on for a loooong time...and for the way he checks her out (all the way down and up again before he lets go)...and, come on, it's touching!

And there's a silly horse that gets stuck in the corridor.
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (10)

Gotta go with Lost City because one of my favorite Jack and Sam scenes of all time is when Sam explains the "funny story" of how she ended up there. Not to mention all the angsty goodness of that entire two-parter. You just can't go wrong with Lost City, it's got everything!
                      sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

This tournament thing is a good excuse reason for watching all these eps, or parts of eps, again alongside with the rewatch. And despite the horse in the corridor I go with the majority, I love this ep(s) so much

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (11)
                        sigpic

Comment

Grabbing each other in the SGC Corridors (Sacrifices) (2)

vs.

Much as I enjoy Lost City for all the reasons already mentioned, I enjoy Sacrifices for the way Sam and Jack act like an old married couple, especially in the second clip...

sigpic

Comment

It's a tough one... I can't decide, so I'm not voting.

Is it just me or does it look like Sam's hand is sliding down to Jack's six in the second clip?
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

Grabbing each other in the SGC Corridors (Sacrifices) (2)

vs.

Much as I enjoy Lost City for all the reasons already mentioned, I enjoy Sacrifices for the way Sam and Jack act like an old married couple, especially in the second clip...
                              Yes! Another vote for grabbing. I know the angst was winning, so I had to give the fluff a vote. When Sam turns Jack as he is eyeballing the women, reminds me of a couple.

Lost City was a really great episode. So much emotion from the team to not only save Earth but to save Jack. Sam again, just like PL, shows how emotionally involved she is with Jack, to keep him safe. "Please, Jack". The episode was wonderfully written and directed too.
                              sigpic
                              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

amanda talks about sam/jack (and wishing for confirmation) in this vid. go to around 12:34.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_nU9...lay&playnext=8

i especially love her idea of the confirmation!! (though there should be a kiss too!! )
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X