Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Just to clarify: JM wasn't referring to the Carter from the universe with Janet and Martouf. JM confirmed that *that* Carter was with Jack and having his child. All we knew about "Evil" Carter was that she had gotten married and came back from her honeymoon.
    Yes, agreed. I recall JM saying that in a much earlier blog.

I don't subscribe to the whole Mitchell/Carter thing that JM sees, but it was another universe, so what do we know?
    Actually, it wasn't JM who saw Mitchell/Carter -- it was PdL's misinterpretation of the script. JM corrected that

In fact, a couple of years ago, when someone asked JM about Mitchell/Carter, he said something to the effect that such a pairing was, in his opinion, "incestuous". In other words, he sees them as a more brother/sister relationship. JM has already said, many times, that he sees Sam and Jack as being a couple post-Threads.

Comment

Just to clarify: JM wasn't referring to the Carter from the universe with Janet and Martouf. JM confirmed that *that* Carter was with Jack and having his child. All we knew about "Evil" Carter was that she had gotten married and came back from her honeymoon.

I don't subscribe to the whole Mitchell/Carter thing that JM sees, but it was another universe, so what do we know?
      Correction: That was PDL's theory. JM put a kaibosh on the Mitchell/Carter thing, thankfully!

But you are right that there was a difference b/w BlackCarter who just got back from her honeymoon and DesertCamoCarter (from Janet/Martouf's reality) who was on maternity leave. That Sam was with Jack and it was their baby. I like that JM confirmed it. He did write the ep so I assume that's what he wanted to have come across. (I think the almost kiss with Martouf was another one of PDL's embellishments; that I did not appreciate btw.)

Edit: I see Iggy beat me to the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
        In fact, a couple of years ago, when someone asked JM about Mitchell/Carter, he said something to the effect that such a pairing was, in his opinion, "incestuous". In other words, he sees them as a more brother/sister relationship. JM has already said, many times, that he sees Sam and Jack as being a couple post-Threads.
        I think the idea of Mitchell/Carter is insulting because the frat regs that were the excuse for never giving us S/J confirmation clearly still apply. But I also think "incestuous" is a good word for how icky the idea seems to me. In fact, I get almost a mother vibe from Sam with Cam. Maybe because she's so much more experienced and mature and he's such an idiot. She's always trying to talk sense into him.

Comment

Sam + Cam definately = icky. Why on earth would TPTB try to hook Sam up with him? Plus it always bugged me that Sam is so interested in the possible relationship she may have had with Martouf.

Comment

This is my theory as well, especially since her wedding would have coincided exactly with when her marriage to Pete would have taken place.
            Saying it on a blog is one thing, but it would have been even better if they actually *confirmed* it on screen! It was an AU, there was no reason why they couldn't come out and say Sam and Jack were married and expecting a child. It was irksome!

And it was "Black" Carter and Mitchell who PDL tried to hook up, right? The same Carter who just claimed to come back from honeymoon (presumably with Pete)? So we know she is evil with loose morals if she's cheating on her new husband with Cam.

Comment

Originally posted by JingleBelle View Post
              Sam + Cam definately = icky. Why on earth would TPTB try to hook Sam up with him? Plus it always bugged me that Sam is so interested in the possible relationship she may have had with Martouf.
              I personally don't think Sam ever had feelings for Martouf that weren't colored by Jolinar's feelings and memories. imo, of course.

But for this guy... ... it's her own personal feelings all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                Saying it on a blog is one thing, but it would have been even better if they actually *confirmed* it on screen! It was an AU, there was no reason why they couldn't come out and say Sam and Jack were married and expecting a child. It was irksome!
                yep!

~part of why i want to sue them ~
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys. It's been a while. What you guys been up to?

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                  Yeah, I know! It really makes me wish that Brad and Rob had agreed with Joe about confirming Sam and Jack's relationship post-Threads. This way, there wouldn't have been any kind of misunderstanding as to the relationship dynamics between each character. Of course, one could argue that, as it was an AR Cam and AR Sam, they *could* have played them as a couple, and it wouldn't have affected our own Sam and Jack. But, I like to believe that Sam and Jack are together... in *all* realities
                  Exactly. It's how it's always been. To change that because Jack/RDA wasn't visible anymore would have cheapened the character of the Samantha Carter we all got to know, love and respect.

Heck she suffered in silence and kept herself from the man she loved for years honouring the code - there is *no* way Sam would do an about face and flout those regs with anyone else.

So there.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

So I agree with you....

.... in *every* reality.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  Yup, that's what happened.

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  You're wright! That's why I can't understand why Sam married Rodney in "Road not taken" - Rodney's a boy and SAm needs a man in her life
                  That's why they were also divorced in that reality. She made a mistake and corrected it. In my head that Sam was just beginning a relationship with that Jack. At the risk of becoming a broken record....

.... in *every* reality.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  I'm sure you've all seen this by now, but I'm catching up on Joe's blog. He wrote this:
                  This is a man of much wisdom.

OT:
                  I saw Monday's ep of Sanctuary. The costumes Amanda wore made me wonder ....

Spoiler:
                  is AT pregnant again?
                  (if the spoilers aren't working, I'm sorry. I tried about 3 times)

Does anyone know?
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

[QUOTE=hedwig;12702231]Talking about cute pictures (somewhere)....

It was me talking about pictures! I still haven't learned how to post them so they show up, but the shoulder-to-shoulder one from the shroud is http://forum.gateworld.net/album.php...chmentid=30113 in my album.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                    I personally don't think Sam ever had feelings for Martouf that weren't colored by Jolinar's feelings and memories. imo, of course.
                    But for this guy... ... it's her own personal feelings all the way!
                    I agree with you, Lucy...but I don't think Martouf is a bad guy (pretty eyes, too). He's greiving his love of a lifetime. I just watched "Jolinar's Memories" and "The Devil You Know" today. Pretty intense emotionally. I thought Jack was going to go nuclear on that Teltak when Sam was reliving Jolinar's tourture. Woke him out of a sound sleep.

*inturrupting self* watching 'Entity' now.
                    "This one is important" said the Entity.
                    "She is," Jack replied quietly.
                    *sigh*
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

OT:

Spoiler:
                      is AT pregnant again?

Does anyone know?
                      the answer: no.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Talking about cute pictures (somewhere)....

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...-5x21-2871.jpg
                        Great pic! So married!!

Caption:
                        Sam: Well, Jack... here is the sonogram picture, take a look at the monitor
                        Jack: Looks kinda crowded in there
                        Sam: Well, there is more than one
                        Jack: How many more??
                        Sam: Not sure, definitely two, maybe three!
                        Jack: Oi! Good think I'm retiring!

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                          OT:

Spoiler:
                          is AT pregnant again?

Does anyone know?
                          It's highly doubtful. She had two miscarriages before having her daughter. And AT is now 45, and given her history I'd say not. But that's just my opinion. You should check out some of the pictures from the Leo Awards. I'm pretty sure the dress she wore would have shown a pregnancy.

And, yes, lots of things are still not working on Gateworld. I can't even access my own profile page, even though I can access various threads and other people's profile pages. Weird.

Comment

[QUOTE=SaraBahama;12703626]
                            Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Talking about cute pictures (somewhere)....

It was me talking about pictures! I still haven't learned how to post them so they show up, but the shoulder-to-shoulder one from the shroud is http://forum.gateworld.net/album.php...chmentid=30113 in my album.
                            If you open an account on photobucket.com (they're free), you can upload pictures from your computer to that site, and then copy the link at PB and post them here and your photo should show up.

Comment

[QUOTE=hedwig;12703639]
                              Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                              If you open an account on photobucket.com (they're free), you can upload pictures from your computer to that site, and then copy the link at PB and post them here and your photo should show up.
                              SEE?? This is why I LOVE hedwig! ...running off to do that now.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                                You're wright! That's why I can't understand why Sam married Rodney in "Road not taken" - Rodney's a boy and SAm needs a man in her life
                                My scenario for Road Not Taken is that she married Rodney on the "rebound" after the Jack in that reality died, perhaps in the chair in Antarctica. Very plausible, imo, and she divorced McKay quickly when she came to her senses. She then devoted her life to work, because the man she loved was dead.

My, how depressing! Sam and Jack in this reality are alive and well and so married!

Comment

Working...
                                X