No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps this is slightly off topic, but has anyone read any of the SG-1 books that have been published? Do they do the series justice, or should I just save my money and stick to the excellent fanfic that you guys write?

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      ...I resign...

in that case... <insert smooooooooooooch here>

And when will you be writing this?

Don't tell me the Lost City Campfire...'cause I may have to strangle you.. LOL!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by JingleBelle View Post
        Perhaps this is slightly off topic, but has anyone read any of the SG-1 books that have been published? Do they do the series justice, or should I just save my money and stick to the excellent fanfic that you guys write?
        I've read most of the fandemonium books. Some are better than others. A few are good, and a few are absolutely awful. All of them are pretty much ship neutral or mildly ship friendly. However, once you've read some of the extremely excellent fanfic available out there, the books tend to feel a bit flat, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          And when will you be writing this?

Don't tell me the Lost City Campfire...'cause I may have to strangle you.. LOL!
          Er...okay, I won't tell you that.

But I will tell you the new Campfire is up. <grin>
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Good enough for me!

I love it when Pol gets on a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              I've read most of the fandemonium books. Some are better than others. A few are good, and a few are absolutely awful. All of them are pretty much ship neutral or mildly ship friendly. However, once you've read some of the extremely excellent fanfic available out there, the books tend to feel a bit flat, IMHO.
              I quite agree. I thought Sally Malcolm's (?) books were good (she wrote FF as Sally Reeve), and others were mainly okay. Some were downright awful! But we have some amazing writers here on this thread that should be writing the books--Pol, Jenn, AstraPerAspera, Leiasky, and many others!
              sigpic
              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

*wanders into thread with comfy cushion, firewood and marshmallows, settles it to wait for Pol's previously promised Campfire. Read's Pol's anouncement...*

WHAT?!

*throws everything into the corner and rushes out to read*
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Done reading. *applauds* Bravo! Excellent! Thanks Pol...more, please??

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I was watching "Lost City" earlier, and during the scene in the engine room when Sam and Jack are facing each other, and Sam says "what I was going to say earlier at your house" and Jack says "I know", I could just picture Sam reaching her hands up to gently place them on his face and pull him towards her and she leans up towards him and kisses him ever so lightly, and he does not back away ......

After all, they were in there alone with each other, and it was a few minutes before they joined the others at the control area, so who knows what they were doing??????

I like to think that could have happened.
                  *retrieves cushion, firewood & marshmallows from corner and settles in to wait for hedwigs' fic. Tucks sleeping bag behind cushion just in case and stares pointedly at hedwig, grinning.*

Anyone want some? *toasting marshmallow* I brought enough to share!
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Sorry about the multiple posts, but I forgot...

Heard a song today and immediately a vivid image of Jack with a 4 year old daughter (whether she's named Grace, Janet, Catherine, or Carter -).

"And she thinks we’re just fishin’ on the riverside
                    Throwin’ back what we could fry
                    Drownin’ worms and killin’ time
                    Nothin’ too ambitious
                    She ain’t even thinkin’ ‘bout
                    What’s really goin’ on right now
                    But I guarantee this memory’s a big’in
                    And she thinks we’re just fishin’

She’s already pretty, like her mama is
                    Gonna drive the boys all crazy
                    Give her daddy fits
                    And I better do this every chance I get
                    ‘Cause time is tickin’ "

Just Fishing

Hope you enjoy!
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Heard a song today and immediately a vivid image of Jack with a 4 year old daughter (whether she's named Grace, Janet, Catherine, or Carter -).

Nothin’ too ambitious

Give her daddy fits
                      ‘Cause time is tickin’ "

Just Fishing

Hope you enjoy!
                      Oh that's cute! Very Jack.

Comment

Nothin’ too ambitious

Give her daddy fits
                        ‘Cause time is tickin’ "

Just Fishing

Hope you enjoy!
                        Love Trace Adkins! I saw him in concert a few years ago. I have a "thing" for tall rough looking guys. Hubba hubba.

This song reminds me of the last chapter of my first long fic (link here), where Jack is fishing on the dock with his daughter.

But Trace is awesome. I also love his song, "Arlington". One of the best tributes to the Military, IMO.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

My fellow shippers, I would like to bring an issue to your attention that may be of interest to you as members of the Sam/Jack Ship family. As you know, we have a whole family of threads on the GateWorld Forum that support the Sam/Jack Ship and provide a friendly and welcoming place for S/J shippers to enjoy. (There are also some unrelated but ship friendly threads such as Mala’s World, and shipper spin-offs like the WooHoos.)

Some of the most active S/J threads include:

Sam Carter/Jack O’Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Sam Carter/Jack O’Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Sam and Jack shipper lounge

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

It is this last thread that brings me to you today. There has been proposal on the S/J artwork thread that it become disassociated from the ship by dropping the “Sam/Jack ship family” from the thread’s name.

I believe all S/J shippers, whether you create fan art or not, should be involved in this decision.

Some of the reasons that have been put forward in favor of the change are:

1) All artwork has always been welcome on the thread and the name may discourage non-shippers from participating

2) S/J art is now in a minority on the thread as former S/J shippers have moved on to other interests

3) The thread has not been as active of late and the change in name may revitalize the thread

The arguments against the change are:

1) There is already a general artwork thread that offers many of the same things without the S/J focus, making a second general thread redundant and unnecessary.

2) Eliminating the S/J disassociates the thread from the ship and sends a message that the S/J ship is no longer supported.

3) Changing the name ignores the history and origin of the thread. It came into existence because of Sam/Jack and that is what makes it original and different.

4) S/J art is not prevalent on other threads because it may not be kindly received. As a part of the ship family of threads a specific S/J artwork thread is a place that S/J shippers know they will receive a ship friendly welcome. This can be particularly important to newer shippers who may already feel uncomfortable and intimidated by a general forum.

5) A name change would not significantly increase activity on the thread, but does, however, have the potential of alienating a core audience, namely the S/J shippers.

I am strongly opposed to the name change and feel that as S/J shippers we should support the S/J art thread in its current format and name. Regardless of your position, I would encourage all shippers to share your opinion on this issue and participate in the discussion.

Moreover, I implore all shippers to visit the art thread frequently and offer your contributions.

For those who are making fan art, please post your creations there. For those who are interested in learning to make art, ask questions and seek advice. (We can also help with questions about posting and sharing art on the forum.)

For those interested in viewing more S/J art, make suggestions for S/J related challenges. Request signatures, avatars, wallpapers, etc. with S/J themes.

In all cases come and offer encouragement and praise of all the artists on the thread for all of the beautiful creations presented.

Thanks shippers for all your kindness and support of one another and the OTP that is Sam & Jack!

And never forget + = 4∞

Comment

With all due respect hlndncr, this is a discussion for the artworkers that frequent the thread in question, since it doesn't affect anyone else

Comment

Nothin’ too ambitious

Give her daddy fits
                              ‘Cause time is tickin’ "

Just Fishing

Hope you enjoy!
                              a daughter of the O'Neill-Carter Genetics probably would give the boys a run for her money either that or her father would drive them away considering she's is daddy's little girl.

Comment

question: if sam's mom had lived i wonder if she would've approved of Jack O'Neill cause we saw how jacob was with jack, it makes me wonder what Mrs. Carter would've thought of the former black ops soldier.

Comment

Working...
                                X