No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding a Sam/Jack wedding.... I see a small, intimate wedding with their closest family and friends, maybe in their backyard, with a minister in attendance. I don't see them as the Vegas types.

I think Sam would walk herself down the aisle, and given her feminist leanings, I don't see her as feeling the need to have someone "give" her away.

Also, I do think that they would try to dress for the occasion. From a few episodes, we can see that Sam enjoys dressing up and shopping when she has the opportunity. So, I could see Jack in a suit and tie, but I think that Sam probably wouldn't have time to buy a dress in a bridal store. I could see her popping into a nice boutique and buying a lovely floor-length evening gown, perhaps pinning up her hair with some jewelled pins, and carrying a simple bouquet. I could see her wearing something very sleek and sophisticated, something similar (but not exactly) to what Pippa Middleton wore as the maid of honour.

As for the reception, perhaps they would have it catered at their house, but if they don't feel like cleaning up afterward, then perhaps dinner at an upscale restaurant (because I think Sam would enjoy it, and Jack would simply want to make her happy )

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

RE: Mark. I really feel that Mark and Sam repaired their relationship. I'm also in the small camp that thinks Sam is older ("My dad wanted a boy" is a huge clue).
      I definitely think Sam is older, no matter what most of fanfic says.
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I'm also of the opinion that what happens to us in our own personal lives doesn't necessarily mean fictional characters in a syfy series are going to behave as we do in similar situations and relationships.
        I get what you're saying, but like you said, we'll just have to agree to disagree. But I don't want anyone to think that I believe Sam and Mark don't love each other or have no relationship at all. That's not what I'm saying.

As for my personal life, what makes characters ring true is that you can relate to them and the experiences of your own life. If I didn't believe these characters behaved in similar ways in similar situations I not only wouldn't believe it, I wouldn't want it to be a part of my life.

I like what Orson Scott Card wrote (which I think can be applied to a sci fi TV series):

[All readers place] themselves inside this story, not as spectators, but as participants, and so have looked at [the fictional world] not with my eyes only, but also with their own.

This is the essence of the transaction between storyteller and audience. The "true" story is not the one that exists in my mind; it is certainly not the written words on the bound paper that you hold in your hands. The story in my mind is nothing but a hope; the text of the story is the tool I created in order to try and make that hope a reality. The story itself, the true story, is the one that the audience members create in their minds, guided and shaped by my text, but then transformed, elucidated, expanded, edited, and clarified by their own experience, their own desires, their own hopes and fears.

The story . . . is not . . . [the] title emblazoned on it. The story is one that you and I will construct together in your memory. If the story means anything to you at all, then when you remember it afterward, think of it, not as something I created, but rather as something we made together.
        Last edited by hlndncr; 03 May 2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          I definitely think Sam is older, no matter what most of fanfic says.
          I don't think Sam is older.

I'm going to go ahead and annoy everyone by referring to my own experience again and say that my dad still wanted a boy when I was born even though I already had an older brother.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            I don't think Sam is older.

I'm going to go ahead and annoy everyone by referring to my own experience again and say that my dad still wanted a boy when I was born even though I already had an older brother.
            I have three older brothers, and when I was born, the doctor didn't even bother looking before pronouncing me a boy. The nurse had to show him he'd assumed wrong.

But I really don't think my father cared either way. Girls can be pilots, too. (in case you can't tell, flying is very important to my family. . .)

And I've always assumed that Sam was the younger sibling. Wasn't there something about him leaving her behind when he left home? Or was that just something I read in fanfic? I just have the feeling that he's older. Perhaps (thank you Mr. Scott Card) because I'm the younger sister and sibling, and so that's where I identify.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

most of the fics i read sam is the youngest of the siblings carter.

Comment

I saw this on a recent "Gardening by the Yard" episode. It's in a "railroad garden" at a home in Arizona or New Mexico or one of those states. Thus called, because the garden is surrounded by large scale trains/tracks/towns/little people/gnomes/etc. And Paul (the host) interviewed the owner of said garden. And when I saw this, I instantly thought of Jack, and ... surprise ... the owner refers to the pond as "Jack's Lake".

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  [IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/jmprnP/DSCF0843.jpg[]

I saw this on a recent "Gardening by the Yard" episode. It's in a "railroad garden" at a home in Arizona or New Mexico or one of those states. Thus called, because the garden is surrounded by large scale trains/tracks/towns/little people/gnomes/etc. And Paul (the host) interviewed the owner of said garden. And when I saw this, I instantly thought of Jack, and ... surprise ... the owner refers to the pond as "Jack's Lake".
                  Sam would approve! Looks very peaceful.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    And I've always assumed that Sam was the younger sibling. Wasn't there something about him leaving her behind when he left home? Or was that just something I read in fanfic? I just have the feeling that he's older. Perhaps (thank you Mr. Scott Card) because I'm the younger sister and sibling, and so that's where I identify.
                    In the same way, I'm the oldest with younger brothers as siblings, so maybe that's how I identify Sam.
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      This may call for a rewatch to find the answer. Tough job. But somebody must do it. Right?

I have two older sisters (my sisters are 10 months apart in age, and I'm 18 months younger than the second one) and a younger brother. Not sure what that says about me. My brother is 12 years younger than me, and had the misfortune(?) of having four mothers when he was a baby. It's a wonder he survived us to become the wonderful guy he is today.

Comment

I would like to think that Sam is about 3 years younger then Mark because she was about 13 or 14 when her mother died which I think is right around the time Mark started to not speak to his father much because of said death so that would make him about 16 or 17 if that were the way it worked out.

I would say I fall into the group that could see Mark giving Sam away and would like to think Jacob would have asked him either in a letter he wrote or a phone call he made to Mark before his death if there was time for Jacob to do either of those. Darn this gave me an idea for mini fan fic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After seeing a scene from Full Circle again, in which Skaara asks O'Neill to come to his wedding, it got me thinking: Could Skaara be S/J shipper? I would like to think he would because of this moment from that scene where he could have sensed something between Sam and Jack. I don't know if Skaara would do this but I could see him popping down from the higher plane undetected to watch Sam and Jack's wedding and leaving undetected when it was over.

So do you think Skaara could be an be S/J shipper?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

After seeing a scene from Full Circle again, in which Skaara asks O'Neill to come to his wedding, it got me thinking: Could Skaara be S/J shipper? I would like to think he would because of this moment from that scene where he could have sensed something between Sam and Jack. I don't know if Skaara would do this but I could see him popping down from the higher plane undetected to watch Sam and Jack's wedding and leaving undetected when it was over.

So do you think Skaara could be an be S/J shipper?
                          i would like to think skaara could be an S/J shipper considering he wanted them to come together to his wedding.

Comment

Back in town after nearly two weeks in New Zealand and find there's lots of lovely Joe posts on his memories of SG-1. I've got some catching up to do!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

is anyone else in denial?
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                is anyone else in denial?
                                ((Hugs))!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X