No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have never posted on this thread before, and i plan to do an identical post on the ship thread.

I am neither shipper or anti-shipper. I do not deny the existance of the ship, it was easy to see in the first season. But i do not deny that the ship is over emphasized in the show, and that if they did get together, the show would become ruined and comely unbearable to watch. I think its time everyone realize this, AND SHUT THERE FAT HOLES about the STUPID ship between Carter and O'Neill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whats with that stupid word, ship, its relationship, love affair whatever. A ship is something that floats or flies.

[Mod Edit - Please do not reply to this post. The mods will deal with it.]
    Last edited by Madeleine; 23 January 2005, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Oh dear, Stomweaver, I'm not a big shipper myself but mind your language won't you... there's no point in getting people riled over nothing... especially in the ship thread. If you're reallly annoyed about the Sam/Jack thing just stay away from the ship thread... it's a faux pas of major proportions and probably against Forum etiquette.
      Last edited by Easter Lily; 23 January 2005, 03:24 PM. Reason: Prepositions
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        For those of us who have just seen Gemini
        Spoiler
        Spoiler:
        Did anyone have a problem with Rep. Carter seeming to have no problem shooting Daniel, but major trouble with Jack? I thought that was kind of playing to the "shippers."
        Spoiler:
        YES! It wouldn't have been that bad if it weren't for the looks and then the shippy music started playing. They could have done the same thing, but have Daniel beside Jack instead of waiting at the gate and automatically getting shot. It would have been more like "Oh! Replicarter is coming to her senses! She's getting human feelings now! She can't shoot her friends" instead of shippers squealing and anti-shippers screaming "NOOOOO!" at their television, I think both sides of the ship-spectrum took it the shippy way. Especially with that stupid music... "Replicarter just shot a bunch of people! Cue the romantic music!"

I know, everyone else probably already ranted about that, but I am just a poor Amurican (as Dubya would say) and I haven't seen the new episodes yet.
        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Stomweaver
          Hi, I have never posted on this thread before, and i plan to do an identical post on the ship thread.

I am neither shipper or anti-shipper. I do not deny the existance of the ship, it was easy to see in the first season. But i do not deny that the ship is over emphasized in the show, and that if they did get together, the show would become ruined and comely unbearable to watch. I think its time everyone realize this, AND SHUT THERE FAT HOLES about the STUPID ship between Carter and O'Neill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whats with that stupid word, ship, its relationship, love affair whatever. A ship is something that floats or flies.
          Um, yeah, I believe Easter Lily is correct. Respect for fellow posters and refraining from name-calling is top of the list in the forum rules.

I'm pretty much a non-shipper as well but there are a lot of posters on this forum who like the relationship. And they have a RIGHT to like the relationship and want their pair to get together. For some, it's the best part of the show.

And the shippers on this forum are a pretty nice bunch and their thread is PRO Jack/Sam. It's not intended to be a free-for-all discussion. That's why this thread is here. As long as you don't call people names you can post your objections to the J/S ship in this thread - it might help if you don't come in with both guns blazing. BTW, you're going to get about 10,000 red points if you post in the "pro" thread.

As for the term "ship". I thought it was silly as heck the first time I heard it and finally figured out what it meant. BUT, it's used in all the fandoms and is just one of the many shorthand terms that make fandom what it is.
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Spoiler
            Spoiler:
            Did anyone have a problem with Rep. Carter seeming to have no problem shooting Daniel, but major trouble with Jack? I thought that was kind of playing to the "shippers."
            Oh, maybe I guess. My theory on that scene in Gemini is that...
            Spoiler:
            Fifth was putting RC thru gradual training. First she balked at shooting her friends, but finally she could blow them away with no qualms. Then he moved her up to shooting and killing her commanding officer (and not incidentally the man she has strong feelings for). She had a tough time and that's the image she chose to show real Sam because she knew it would have an affect. RC was "playing" Sam the whole time.

Perhaps they were throwing out a bone to the S/J shippers to remind them that Sam really does love Jack but it didn't really bother me that much. There were other things I disliked more about the episode, I guess!

Daniel might want to stay out of RC's way though.

Comment

StormWeaver, we don't need your kind on this thread. If you don't like Sam/Jack ship, that's fine, but leave the people who DO like it out of the equation. Just because "this is the internet" doesn't mean you're allowed to be rude and offensive and if someone doesn't agree with your opinion, guess what? THAT'S LIFE. This thread is quite clearly a thread for those who hate SHIP, not those who hate SHIPPERS. If you want to hate SHIPPERS I suggest you find yourself another board because around here we have something known as TOLERANCE.

Comment

Wow, someone started one? That took guts.

Well, I will state what I have before stated , Sam and Jack seem more like bro and sis rather than some hot passionate love nest, that's just gross. I don't know what people see in that match up I mean, they're not even the same zodiac sign, are they?

I know the people who played Scully and Mulder were, which could account for the great on screen chemistry, though they didn't really ship too well either, but with Sam and Jack, it just seems more like a family thing. I dunno. It's like, when Sam kisses Jack or vice versa, it seems like they're practising kissing on each other. Ewww...

Anyway, great thread!!
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Spoiler
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  yeah, and remember when they got all close to one another? I remembered the writers or producers had said on that Lowdown thing that there would be stuff that some would like and some would hate. I didn't hate it ... just noticed.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                    Oh, maybe I guess. My theory on that scene in Gemini is that...
                    Spoiler:
                    Fifth was putting RC thru gradual training. First she balked at shooting her friends, but finally she could blow them away with no qualms. Then he moved her up to shooting and killing her commanding officer (and not incidentally the man she has strong feelings for). She had a tough time and that's the image she chose to show real Sam because she knew it would have an affect. RC was "playing" Sam the whole time.
                    Spoiler:
                    See, that's what I would have thought if they didn't start playing that darn music. (There was music, that wasn't just my imagination or cell phone, right? Not that I have the shippy music on my cell phone, in fact, quite the opposite ("Mad World" by Gary Jules) which can sound like shippy music if muffled enough)
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

Comment

What's shippy music? Is it like a version of that annoying song where the orchestra wells up to a big crecendo with the harps and stuff? I notice that sly cutesy pie music a lot when Jack and Sam get close, or accidentally hug, or do something goofy like that.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                        Spoiler:
                        yeah, and remember when they got all close to one another? I remembered the writers or producers had said on that Lowdown thing that there would be stuff that some would like and some would hate. I didn't hate it ... just noticed.
                        About the Secrets Revealed stuff...
                        Spoiler:
                        Ah, on the show they didn't say which group would like it and which group wouldn't like it. So hopefully we'll be the group that likes it. They said something about an issue that divides online fan groups so I'm assuming it's about ship, but you never know. There was a lot of stuff about ship mentioned in Secrets Revealed show.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                          See, that's what I would have thought if they didn't start playing that darn music.
                          I think I'm blessed that I NEVER notice the shippy music - cause it sounds like it's really annoying if you're not into the whole S/J thing. Just "tune" it out I guess. *g*

Did the shippy music first play in D&C? Or was it earlier than that.

Comment

How do you feel about newbies? I've been spreading my thoughts (unwise) about Sam and Jack on other threads. One long time poster made some snotty comment about me being yet another newbie. Oh well, sheet happens. We all gotta start somewhere. Anyway, on the subject of Jack and Amanda. I have never seen her giving Jack the eye or him drooling over her. There hasn't even been any hints of attraction. He does make fun of her a lot. Is that the same as pulling a girl's hair in school? Anyway She mostly ignores him, even when he's cracking jokes. I feel they admire each other as co-workers but Sam is buried in her work and Jack is numb from the loss of his son. If the only way Jack can admit he has feelings for Sam is by force, then it's a lost cause. I'm talking about the episode where they had to admit exactly what was said to each other, to prove they weren't gould's. Sorry don't know the name of the episode. Guess I have to study up so I can make correct references. I don't know every line said in every episode but I do know that Sam and Jack just aren't suited for each other. One's a "Y'ah think?" and the other is a "I do think".

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                              I think I'm blessed that I NEVER notice the shippy music - cause it sounds like it's really annoying if you're not into the whole S/J thing. Just "tune" it out I guess. *g*

Did the shippy music first play in D&C? Or was it earlier than that.
                              I know it was in D&C, I don't recall it being used before that, but that's the first time I noticed it playing. But if you ever do notice it, banging your head up against a desk helps drown it out

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                                About the Secrets Revealed stuff...
                                Spoiler:
                                Ah, on the show they didn't say which group would like it and which group wouldn't like it. So hopefully we'll be the group that likes it. They said something about an issue that divides online fan groups so I'm assuming it's about ship, but you never know. There was a lot of stuff about ship mentioned in Secrets Revealed show.
                                We can only hope it will be the last footwear to fall. Of course, the StarGate people seem to have a lot of footwear.
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X