Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    I'd comment on this, but I just got green and a nasty comment from a S/J shipper on how I'm so full of crap because I hate any ship that interferes w/my own... and how my sig banner "proves" it.

Guess I'll stop posting here now so this person will stop bugging me.... It still won't turn me into a S/J shipper, though.

Did anyone else get anything like this from any S/J shippers?

That's just silly. I've never had anything from S/J shippers because of posting here, Jess couldn't you just put them on your ignore list, like I did with a certain D/V person who didn't appreciate my anti D/V posts
    Or report them if it's that bad......You are free to post wherever you like

In any case I really don't understand why some shippers get so defensive over their pairings, people see different things and what does it matter if other people don't see it?

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
      That doesn't sound right you got GREEN for being ANTI S/J from a S/J SHIPPER ???
      Shouldn't that have been RED ???
      Maybe she made a mistake. Have to say that it surprised me... but truthfully red would have made me feel worse since I don't have any red rep yet...

Comment

I'd comment on this, but I just got green and a nasty comment from a S/J shipper on how I'm so full of crap because I hate any ship that interferes w/my own... and how my sig banner "proves" it.

Guess I'll stop posting here now so this person will stop bugging me.... It still won't turn me into a S/J shipper, though.

Hey there i read this and i had to post, i am really sorry that you got targeted and were critisised for not liking sam/jack. I am a s/j shipper myself and i detest that kinda thing from all sides as it just creates bad blood, please dont think that all us shippers think like that or would critisise others for liking their ship over others, hell the world would be horrible if we all agreed! Like i said i just felt the need to comment as that kinda thing does make me mad and so, thats just the way i feel about that!
        Hugs
        Bex

Live for today, for one day there will not be a tomorrow

Help me get to film school

One Year, £8000 to raise. Just what will i do to raise it?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDesire View Post
          Aw Jess, I'm sorry that happened but don't let a bitter jerk like that keep you from expressing your opinions, especially not in here. It's people like that who can't accept that not everyone likes their pairing and also apparently can't read since you've repeatedly said that you don't want any ship onscreen.
          Thanks. Yeah it bugs me when people are so rabid that they overlook important facts... I shouldn't have to apologize for my opinions especially when I'm around people whose opinions are similar.

Maybe I should just say this loud and clear for any shippers who are lurking:

Yes I am a shipper but I'm anti-ship onscreen. Yes I do not like S/J ship but that doesn't mean I hate the people who do like it.

And yes I hate any ship that interferes with my own.

(well, no I don't, but this person wants me to admit it so maybe they'll leave me me alone now )

Comment

Nope. And my sig makes it quite clear where my heart lies.
            Ignore them, here, have some green from me.

Why should the ship you like interfere in anyway with anyone elses? All opinions are equally valid.
            GW is actually a pretty tollerant place, some other places on the web are truely vicious. But I cut my fannish teeth on Usenet, I have a very thick skin.

That doesn't sound right you got GREEN for being ANTI S/J from a S/J SHIPPER ???
            Shouldn't that have been RED ???
            I'd assume if they were stupid enough to be abusive to someone for daring to have a differing opinion to their own, they would be stupid enough to accidentally green rather than red JessM? Or Jess typed green meaning to type red?
            I mean, really, how petty can one be? I can't abide S/J, hence being here, but I'd defend an S/J fan's rights to post their opinions, particularly in their own thread, I expect the same courtsey from them in this thread.

The internet is a strange place, huge fan wars can flare up then fade away as people drift in and out of fandom. People are rude and ungracious in ways they would never dream of being with someone face to face. I have friends who are S/J shippers and friends who loath it more than I do, and all shades in between. In this thread I feel happy to talk about it, the thread is clearly labled for its content and is a pleasant place for those of us opposed to it to discuss and debate with like minded folks.

FF
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
              That's just silly. I've never had anything from S/J shippers because of posting here, Jess couldn't you just put them on your ignore list, like I did with a certain D/V person who didn't appreciate my anti D/V posts
              Or report them if it's that bad......You are free to post wherever you like

In any case I really don't understand why some shippers get so defensive over their pairings, people see different things and what does it matter if other people don't see it?
              Thanks. You're lucky. I did PM them asking what I did to deserve that, but it was probably a waste of time... I think I'll put them on ignore, that's probably the best solution.

I agree, there's no need to get so defensive over things like this. I know there are people who don't follow my ship and I'm cool with that, as long as they are respectful. I'm even friends with a few S/J shippers... it's a shame that it has to matter to some people so much...

Comment

Originally posted by Bex Calo View Post
                Hey there i read this and i had to post, i am really sorry that you got targeted and were critisised for not liking sam/jack. I am a s/j shipper myself and i detest that kinda thing from all sides as it just creates bad blood, please dont think that all us shippers think like that or would critisise others for liking their ship over others, hell the world would be horrible if we all agreed! Like i said i just felt the need to comment as that kinda thing does make me mad and so, thats just the way i feel about that!
                Hugs
                Bex

Thanks Bex, I appreciate that. It's nice to meet shippers who are respectful. I realize all S/J shippers are not that way - I just got done saying that a few of my friends are even sam/jack shippers. We all respect each other and I think that's great.

Thanks again for the support

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                  Nope. And my sig makes it quite clear where my heart lies.
                  Ignore them, here, have some green from me.

Why should the ship you like interfere in anyway with anyone elses? All opinions are equally valid.
                  GW is actually a pretty tollerant place, some other places on the web are truely vicious. But I cut my fannish teeth on Usenet, I have a very thick skin.
                  Thanks FF That's right, it shouldn't matter whether I agree with the ship or not... and this IS the anti-S/J thread... what would one expect to find here? I've run into more vicious places as well, and have had my fair share of trouble on Usenet. Compared to that, GW is nearly a lovefest.

I'd assume if they were stupid enough to be abusive to someone for daring to have a differing opinion to their own, they would be stupid enough to accidentally green rather than red JessM? Or Jess typed green meaning to type red?
                  I mean, really, how petty can one be? I can't abide S/J, hence being here, but I'd defend an S/J fan's rights to post their opinions, particularly in their own thread, I expect the same courtsey from them in this thread.
                  It was indeed green, and I suppose she could have made a mistake or didn't want to get in trouble for giving red (can that be considered abuse if people do it for petty/unfair reasons?).

The internet is a strange place, huge fan wars can flare up then fade away as people drift in and out of fandom. People are rude and ungracious in ways they would never dream of being with someone face to face. I have friends who are S/J shippers and friends who loath it more than I do, and all shades in between. In this thread I feel happy to talk about it, the thread is clearly labled for its content and is a pleasant place for those of us opposed to it to discuss and debate with like minded folks.

FF
                  Well said. It's the same with me. We should feel comfortable talking about why we don't like/see S/J in this thread. I don't see anyone being abusive or insulting to S/J shippers themselves in here - mostly just talking about why we don't like/see the pairing.

Comment

JessM, if you want the rep comment removed let me know, it's easy enough.

Madeleine

Comment

Don't worry she's moving to Atlantis and they'll go for Sam/Rodney soon (no more directionless Sam)...
                      Heaven forfend....
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                        Heaven forfend....
                        Hey, at least she has a smidgen of chemistry with McKay.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                          Hey, at least she has a smidgen of chemistry with McKay.
                          >Laughs< You might be right.
                          What's so strange is that AT and RDA have lots of chemistry with each other, they clearly get along famously and obviously like and respect each other.
                          Sam and Jack have all the sexual spark of a very damp squib, or perhaps more accurately, AT acted her socks off and RDA gave her nothing back at all, she might have been emoting to a brick wall, particularly in later seasons.
                          It's most odd, some of the acting/editing choices made it all look very strange and forced.

Still, it's all two seasons ago, no point dwelling on a dead plot line, I'm more worried about what they might do with the remaining characters.

FF
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                            Hugs scarimor (and ccdsah for good measure)

What's worrying me now is that they will ruin the last ten episodes, not with Sam/Jack but with Daniel/Vala - there's rumour of a kiss to come...

FF
                            scarimor

Comment

lol...

Said it perfectly, Scarimor.

Comment

Just thought I'd bring this thread up after seeing the Shroud

Spoiler:
                                Personally I thought it was nice to see Sam/Jack interacting in a normal way that wasn't awkward or shippy. I didn't see anything remotely shippy here, to be honest I wasn't expecting to but you never know what TPTB are going to do.

Of course some shippers will say it is shippy simply because they were standing close together in Sam's lab, oh please. They've known each other for 10 years and have been through a lot together, why shouldn't they stand close together Some will also say they have some secret relationship going on, whatever each to their own
                                For me, I want them to be able to get along without the awkwardness, and I do actually like the friendship between them, as long as it's nothing more IMO.

If they could have RDA being in the movies and have his role like it was in this ep, I would be happy. I only wish they had never started with the S/J ship in the first place, simply concentrated on the team friendships, then maybe we would have been spared all those awkward moments between them.

I am still concerned over what they might still do with Daniel/Vala, but that's for another thread...

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Working...
                                X