No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am stepping in in FULL mod mode here. complete with naggy headache that won't go away.

if ANYONE and i mean ANYONE is abusing the gateworld e-mail system to spam, you're not gonna get my wet noodle of doom, you're not gonna get clanger's spoon, i'm gonna open a can o whoop-ass on ya.

do NOT use the PM or e-mail system of gateworld to spam. There is zero tolerance on this. (and i define spam as unwanted messages exhorting participation in something that the recipient hasn't asked for)

Put links in your sigs, fine. Make a thread, cool. but you will NOT spam.

Anyone caught doing this will have thier posting/pm'ing/e-mailing access taken away and they may never get it back.

What you do on your own is your own business, but what you use gateworld systems for is mine, and i will not tolerate spam
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have not PM:ed or emailed a single person about this. Whoever's doing this is doing it on his own without prior discussions with me.

ccdsah, the petition didn't even exist 2 hours prior to your post. So either tell us who emailed you and show us the email (quote it) or I'll assume you're lying.

Comment

Signed it even though I doubt either petition will hold much sway . But wanted to have my voice heard. No ship whatsoever please!
        The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Yep, don't thing anyone really takes much notice of these online petitions but signed it anyway.

People are entitled to ship who they want but I do wish people would stop demanding it happens ONscreen. Do shippers really trust TPTB to a good job of it? The way the S/J ship was continually dragged up, especially in S7 & S8 ruined many eps for me. I've never seen any chemistry between Jack and Sam, and do we really need more of RDA looking uncomfortable during "shippy" scenes? It's such a waste.....Besides, we don't even know if he will make another S10 appearance at the end...

Let's stick to fanfic for shipping, whoever your preference is (and mines J/D I should know )

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64
            Yep, don't thing anyone really takes much notice of these online petitions but signed it anyway.

People are entitled to ship who they want but I do wish people would stop demanding it happens ONscreen. Do shippers really trust TPTB to a good job of it? The way the S/J ship was continually dragged up, especially in S7 & S8 ruined many eps for me. I've never seen any chemistry between Jack and Sam, and do we really need more of RDA looking uncomfortable during "shippy" scenes? It's such a waste.....Besides, we don't even know if he will make another S10 appearance at the end...

Let's stick to fanfic for shipping, whoever your preference is (and mines J/D I should know )
            Well said. I've never seen any chemistry between either of them. And the way TPTB have done ship ... most fanficiton has done it better.
            The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Very true. I ship S/D *ducks* and I know we only do the real shippy stuff in fanfic. I agree, TPTB, although intentions are good, and they try... should stick to stories, not ships... we know how to sail our ship, thanks!
              Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Hmm... it seems once a petition has been posted, there's no way to edit anything in it besides signatures O_o.

What I meant with "What ship (if any) do you want to see" was "What ship (if any) do you prefer?" as in not official "OMFG! They're doing it!" but possible hints and fanfics >_>'.

Comment

I'm not a shipper, or an anti-shipper, I just don't much care. *shrugs* But if pressed, I would have to say that I don't like it much because I think it's been written (IMHO) in a juvenile fashion on Stargate and that detracts from the scifi/pseudo-techy/blow 'em up stories that I prefer them to write. I don't tune in to see Days of Our Lives. Some folks do, but that would never be my personal preference.

I think ship has its place in fanfic, where it flourishes beautifully and those who like a particular pairing can enjoy it to their heart's content. Otherwise I just say 'no'.

Comment

I too would prefer Sam and Jack not to get together.
                    Let's just watch the show and not worry every week about who should be with who.

Comment

Whilst wanting Jack&Sam together, I fear it may ruin our ...idealogic and personal view of them together, so I'm a bit 'anti' it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                        Whilst wanting Jack&Sam together, I fear it may ruin our ...idealogic and personal view of them together, so I'm a bit 'anti' it.
                        I so undertstand your point of view. From talking to friends who ship various characters, they all have differing views on what they want from the characters and relationships, there is no way, even if the writers wanted to, that they could make them all happy.
                        I'm sure your imagination is much more romantic and would do a much better job of getting them together than TPTB would.

Spoiler:
                        I wouldn't want my ship touched by the writers with a ten foot barge pole, they would wreck it. Besides, I'm quite happy to know that when filming the wedding in 200, RDA was fooling about and took MS's hand at the altar, to the applause of the audience. It shows that the actors aren't worried by J/D and I have no problem with them being amused by it. I find it highly amusing, that's part of the fun

FF who would kill to see that blooper.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                          I have not PM:ed or emailed a single person about this. Whoever's doing this is doing it on his own without prior discussions with me.

ccdsah, the petition didn't even exist 2 hours prior to your post. So either tell us who emailed you and show us the email (quote it) or I'll assume you're lying.
                          No response yet I see.

Given the timing, it does look suspicious.
                          scarimor

Comment

We need more votes! >_<'

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              http://www.petitiononline.com/850402oa/petition.html

Behold, it's the petition to prevent Jack & Sam from getting together!

Note that this is not a petition against Jack/Sam altogether. It's against such a ship being made official on screen, as the other petition wishes.

In response to:
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35179

(Again, no offense)

Feel free to discuss why you do not like this ship and do not wish to see it become canon in this thread. Also, feel free to sign it!
                              Signed it - thanks for the link. I agree with those who say that online petitions don't carry much weight, but I think there is no harm in trying. Heck, if they have a petition to have S/J ship, I say why not counter with a petition for no ship? We have as much right as they do.

I personally don't want any ship on the show at all - continue to show the friendships and leave the shippy stuff to fanfic.
                              Last edited by JessM; 14 September 2006, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64

Totally agree. I don't trust the writers to do it any justice and I actually started to dislike Sam a bit during S7 and S8 because of how the ship was forced down our throats. Not to mention the way Jack looked uncomfortable most of the time (I think someone here mentioned that he looked constipated... which I have to agree, lol).

Amen - leave the shipping to fanfic where everyone can be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X