No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm.. exactly as wrong as it ever was. They're still one officer under the command of another.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      Erm.. exactly as wrong as it ever was. They're still one officer under the command of another.
      i always prefer the idea of her under his command rather than her under him *cringes*

Down with Sam/Jack ship

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
        i always prefer the idea of her under his command rather than her under him *cringes*
        I REALLY REALLY didn't need that visual!! Will replace Jack with Luke, that'll make it all good. Sam finally shows Luke exactly what she thinks of his cooking and how very very much she appreciates all that he's done for her over the years. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          I can't remember moaning. OTOH, I've only seen the episode once, and I've tried to block as much as I can from my memory.
          Oh.....I don't even remember if there is or not. I kinda felt the scene coming on, and I just hit the mute button just in case. I just assumed there would be because there usually is when there's a kissing scene like that, and I really didn't want to hear it either. *cringing* But, I rather just keep the mute button on, and not find out for myself. ICK!
          sigpic
          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I REALLY REALLY didn't need that visual!! Will replace Jack with Luke, that'll make it all good. Sam finally shows Luke exactly what she thinks of his cooking and how very very much she appreciates all that he's done for her over the years. hehe
            im sorry but any visual such as that is disgusting, oh god thanks now i got the image of the two of them wrestling in blue jello seared into my head

Comment

Sam and Teal'c forever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod
                Sam and Teal'c forever!!!
                uhh no, any ship in the main four would be inappropriate, whoever it was. Besides dont forget about Teal'cs string of off world women

on topic:down with sam/jack ship

Comment

Any pairing that takes the series away from the premise is bad. Which, to my opinion, includes main characters apparently suddenly discovering "feelings" for another. Ah well.. At least it s not that Hammond/Carter thing I heard about a couple years ago.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Yes, Teal'c has turned into quite the love machine lately. I keep expecting Barry White to start playing when he enters the room. Or the theme from Shaft.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Any pairing that takes the series away from the premise is bad. Which, to my opinion, includes main characters apparently suddenly discovering "feelings" for another. Ah well.. At least it s not that Hammond/Carter thing I heard about a couple years ago.

Well, aside from the fact that it would be just as bad for a Sam/Hammond pairing as a Jack/Sam pairing, what's wrong with it (in fan fic, of course). I never saw any kind of Sam/Hammond thing going on. Maybe a hint of Hammond/Janet. (which is just as bad, since they are also in direct chain of command)

Comment

Any pairing that takes the series away from the premise is bad.
                        That's why I don't mind ship with secondary characters as much, because if it's handled correctly it doesn't take away from anything. Or not enough for it to be problematic.

Comment

Not sure.. Never really figgered out that whole fanfic thing so mostly I just leave them all alone.

Comment

I'm afraid I get that cringe reaction too; in fact, they've got me conditioned this season to change the channel, when it looks as if another shippy moment is about to be shoe-horned into an episode. It just seems so forced.

Comment

Originally posted by darklilac
                              <snip>
                              But, it's also true that TPTB censored and cut Jack and Daniel scenes to push the JS ship(they admitted it), so maybe it's ok to discuss how the JS ship influenced the scenes and relationship between the member of the team, expecially Jack and Daniel.
                              ok, i know i don't belong here, but i think someone posted the following question before, and i can't find an answer to it around, sooooo....

if you don't mind my asking, where and when did they admit this? i don't recall ever hearing it and i would be interested to find the details and info regarding this, thanks.

_________
                              edited to add: ps, Bonnie Way, i love your name

Comment

I believe it was the DVD commentaries. Martin Wood, I think, talked about blocking the scenes in such a way as to imply a special closeness between Sam and Jack and putting a distance between Jack and Daniel.

Comment

Working...
                                X