No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only reason the sky is blue is because of the angle and density of the particles that hit the atmoshere

on topic:i hate sam/jack ship

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
      the only reason the sky is blue is because of the angle and density of the particles that hit the atmoshere
      So what you're saying is that it's kinky?

On topic: down with ship! Unless it's Sam/Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        So what you're saying is that it's kinky?
        does my definition of kinky differ from yours? thats how it is according to meteorology

Comment

does my definition of kinky differ from yours? thats how it is according to meteorology
          kink·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k ng k)
          adj. kink·i·er, kink·i·est
          1. Tightly twisted or curled

Hmm... OK, I was thinking more along the lines of bent... as in light, of course. I may cede the point to you. Jury's still out, though.

Meteorology is an odd subject anyway. Probably why Jonas likes it. Wait, wrong thread. Er... I think that Sam/Jack ship is a tornado that is going to shred everything in its path- including the show itself. Bad ship! Bad! Bad!

Comment

Wait, wrong thread. Er... I think that Sam/Jack ship is a tornado that is going to shred everything in its path- including the show itself. Bad ship! Bad! Bad!

hay good tie in with the topic

*aplaudes the inginuity of shadow*

and to me the only sentances i ever hear the word kinky in also has the word underwear in it as well, need i say more

Comment

and to me the only sentances i ever hear the word kinky in also has the word underwear in it as well, need i say more
              Maybe you need to get out more. Moi would never use the word in such a context. I'm far too perfect and angelic for that!

As for S/J ship, I think it's going to be the albatross around the show's neck that eventually sinks the ship- both shippy ship and the overall story itself.

Comment

Maybe you need to get out more. Moi would never use the word in such a context. I'm far too perfect and angelic for that!
                i have heard that from people before, it usually aint true but there are exceptions

the vultures (ship) are circling

Comment

the vultures (ship) are circling
                  Well, vultures ARE carrion eaters and ship IS killing the show, so... you aren't far off with that metaphor.

Comment

Well, vultures ARE carrion eaters and ship IS killing the show, so... you aren't far off with that metaphor.
                    maybe the do-do's are circling

i think im going mad........what am i saying i am mad

on topic:i hate s/j ship

Comment

Doo-doos, maybe. Dodos are actually quite nice birds, for all that they're extinct in this timeline.

Ever read Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde? Nice book. Nice series. Main character has a pet dodo named Pickwick. Although I have to say that, as with Stargate, the ship in that series is getting a bit tedious (hey, it's almost on topic).

Comment

the ship in that series is getting a bit tedious (hey, it's almost on topic).
                        well i guess we are getting better at this random chating (keeping it on topicish) i dont mind ship in books to much

Comment

well i guess we are getting better at this random chating (keeping it on topicish) i dont mind ship in books to much
                          Me either, usually. But even though he was her soulmate (or close enough) I never really warmed to his character. As with Sam and Jack (ha!), I never felt that they had much chemistry between them. At least the obstacle that Fforde created was a bit more original: the guy has been erased from time. The heroine has spent a couple of books now trying to get him reinstated (hence the tediousness of it, it's taking too long).

That'd be a nifty trick to try, but not one, I think, that would work well on Stargate. Especially since Jack was rather central to us defeating Ra way back when. Might be interesting for one of those dream sequence dealios, though. Or an AU. Jack gets killed on Abydos but Daniel, with... er... Kawalsky's help manages to set off the bomb anyway. Kawalsky comes back as the head of SG-1, Sam and Jack never meet. Sam falls for Luke, instead. Or maybe Ferretti, since folks seem to like in-team shipping.

Comment

il have to give that book a try.......thats a good point the main problem i have with ship is that its in-team thats not something i can buy into

Comment

thats a good point the main problem i have with ship is that its in-team thats not something i can buy into
                              As I am very fond of saying, ship between main characters (in-team, on Stargate) is too much like incest. They're a family for cryin' out loud! Ohana! Ship 'em outside. That's partly why I like Pete so much. And Sha're. And Teal'c's girls. We don't see them in every bloody ep. Or even every other ep.

Shipping in-team means that the show will invariably become about ship. How can it not when the characters are right there, together, in every ep? *sigh*

Comment

hopefully atlantis wont fall into the same trap, but since two characters are supposed to spark at the beginning it could work

Comment

Working...
                                X