Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TracysTrails
    Well, that's what I think, anyway, because I absolutely detested the Sam and Jack thing. Their 'ship went over like a turd in a punchbowl with me.
    *lol*

I think that the writers should focus on OTHER things than Sam's lovelife...
    After all, the show is about the STARGATE.
    Gaterelle

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterelle
      *lol*

Heaven forbid they NOT focus on Sam's love life. Even though they PROMISED that we wouldn't have her personal life as a focus of season nine we've already gotten the major squeeing over "Not exactly" and much (perhaps one-sided, but still) flirting, in only the SECOND EP that she's been back in. Where's this Return to Soldier Sam we heard so much about before her return? I truly fantasized that we'd be free of the nonsense once Jack left.

Comment

Heaven forbid they NOT focus on Sam's love life. Even though they PROMISED that we wouldn't have her personal life as a focus of season nine we've already gotten the major squeeing over "Not exactly" and much (perhaps one-sided, but still) flirting, in only the SECOND EP that she's been back in. Where's this Return to Soldier Sam we heard so much about before her return? I truly fantasized that we'd be free of the nonsense once Jack left.
        Well, it seems to me that the writers are only interested in female characters if they can pair them off with a male. *snark*
        I mean, isn't that why they killed off Janet?
        Gaterelle

Comment

Well, it seems to me that the writers are only interested in female characters if they can pair them off with a male. *snark*
          I mean, isn't that why they killed off Janet?
          Kinda seems that way, doesn't it???

Comment

Kinda seems that way, doesn't it???
            Yes, it does seem that way.
            ALmost every female character they've introduced have become a love interest...and the same goes for Sam.
            She just HAS to have a love interest.
            Because women can't live without a man.
            Gaterelle

Comment

*lol*

Oh, I thought it was the LOVEGATE.

Comment

Yes, it does seem that way.
                ALmost every female character they've introduced have become a love interest...and the same goes for Sam.
                She just HAS to have a love interest.
                Because women can't live without a man.
                Nope, and female characters serve no purpose but to be the leading man's girlfriend or wife.

Comment

Nope, and female characters serve no purpose but to be the leading man's girlfriend or wife.
                  Now that's just not true; a serial killer's got to have someone to kill!

ETA: Also screaming. Let's not forget the screaming.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I've got five episodes left to watch of season six (I've just finished Metamorphises) and the season seven and eight. I've already seen Threads, Meubus 1&2. What eps do you guys reccomend I DON'T watch for JackSam content?

Comment

I've got five episodes left to watch of season six (I've just finished Metamorphises) and the season seven and eight. I've already seen Threads, Meubus 1&2. What eps do you guys reccomend I DON'T watch for JackSam content?
                      Hmm, at first, I thought Grace was The One Where Sam Gets a Clue but subsequent episodes ruined that, so you may want to give it a miss.

Skip the last few minutes of Death Knell.

Heroes, oh, I'm torn. There were several parts that had Jack/Sam content but there were some really good parts too--how do you feel about the fast forward button?

There were two or three scenes in Lost City that were just cringe worthy, but there is also a good team story there. Fast forward through any scene where Jack and Sam are alone and skip the last 30 seconds.

Season 8

There is a scene between Jack and Sam in Affinity that could be considered shippy.

Gemini has shippy content.

In Citizen Joe, ship is implied in an scene toward the end.

That's all I recall off the top of my head.

Jace
                      Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Originally posted by paulacole
                        Oh, don't sweat it, Paula, Watch them all.

Most of the Sam'nSir stuff is minor and easily ignored, which is the way it should be, so that those that like it can watch it and the rest of the audience can watch Stargate.

Threads is the most blatent attempt, and you can still read their relationship as a close friendship in the sad Jacob scene but you have to ignore Sam's stalking of her boss when he's having a quiet BBQ with his girlfriend.

If you survived that, the rest are a piece of cake.
                        Just ignore it and focus on the stuff you do like, there's great stuff in Stargate but no show is prefect, don't focus on the rubbish.

FF
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jace021903
                          Hmm, at first, I thought Grace was The One Where Sam Gets a Clue but subsequent episodes ruined that, so you may want to give it a miss.

Skip the last few minutes of Death Knell.
                          I thought the same thing about Grace. And the Death Knell scene you mention isn't necessarily shippy, except that we've had all the dang stuff in other episodes so it's easy to interpret that way. I wish it had been Sam/Teal'c in that scene--then it would be clearly a friend comforting a friend after a harrowing time without any reading into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jace021903
                            Fast forward through any scene where Jack and Sam are alone
                            Sadly, that's become my practice in general for the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              I thought the same thing about Grace. And the Death Knell scene you mention isn't necessarily shippy, except that we've had all the dang stuff in other episodes so it's easy to interpret that way. I wish it had been Sam/Teal'c in that scene--then it would be clearly a friend comforting a friend after a harrowing time without any reading into it.
                              Some of the best scenes of friendly comfort are between Sam and Teal'c. The scene between the two of them in Heroes (part two) just leaves me warm and fuzzy every time.

Comment

[QUOTE=Frostfox]Oh, don't sweat it, Paula, Watch them all.

Threads is the most blatent attempt, and you can still read their relationship as a close friendship in the sad Jacob scene but you have to ignore Sam's stalking of her boss when he's having a quiet BBQ with his girlfriend.

I have pretty persausive powers of denial - I managed to write a DanSan fic based around Threads and ignore any JackSam shippiness

Comment

Working...
                                X