X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Fourths and especially FIFTHS! *

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
      I think I heard something about that. I also heard that they're interested in making a sequel or two for the original film. If they do, it would be great to see Sara reappear (even though it wouldn't be with 'our' Jack from the show).
      Devlin is indeed making two sequels to the orignal film. I'm so happy about that! I love Kurt Russell's 'Jack' and James Spader's 'Daniel' - it'll be nice to have a Daniel (and Jack) I love once more without resorting to old Seasons (as lovely as they are).

And let's hope that Sara reappers!

Here's a link to an article about Devlin producing more flims that was his and Emmerich's brainchild:

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2006/07/...movie-trilogy/

And of course - no Carter and therefore no ship!
      The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Didn't realise what I said would be so popular. Can I sixth?

In fanfiction our dreams can beocme 'reality' without (usually) annoying or huritng anyone else - also doesn't usually cause the blood pressure to rise in fury.
        The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by luthienberen
          Devlin is indeed making two sequels to the orignal film. I'm so happy about that! I love Kurt Russell's 'Jack' and James Spader's 'Daniel' - it'll be nice to have a Daniel (and Jack) I love once more without resorting to old Seasons (as lovely as they are).

And let's hope that Sara reappers!

Here's a link to an article about Devlin producing more flims that was his and Emmerich's brainchild:

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2006/07/...movie-trilogy/

And of course - no Carter and therefore no ship!
          Thanks for the link! That is great news - I'd love to see a sequel (or two), especially with those two in it! Hopefully Sara will be back.

And no possibility of ship - even better!

Comment

Originally posted by luthienberen
            Didn't realise what I said would be so popular. Can I sixth?

In fanfiction our dreams can beocme 'reality' without (usually) annoying or huritng anyone else - also doesn't usually cause the blood pressure to rise in fury.
            LOL... sure, don't think there is any problem with that

You hit the nail on the head. That is why I'm glad there are outlets like fanfiction. You can write whatever you want and whether or not people want to read it is their choice. They don't have that sort of choice in the actual show, all the more reason not to have all that shippy stuff in it.

Comment

Besides a needed *bump*on the threads...

*waves* I will seventh that statement. SG is the only show I ever felt compelled to write ff for. In fact, I never knew there was such a thing until I got sucked into the wonderful world of SG.

A few more films? Bring it on! No Carter? Aww... ok, I'll live. No Ship! I can deal with that...

Long live fanfiction!! We have *in my opinion* proven we know what we want, TPTB seem to think oppisite... *shakes head*
              Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Can I eighth that statement? Fanfic is brilliant, I only got into reading it recently and am amazed at how much is out there, as a J/D fan I've found some great stuff and some not so great stuff.....Leave romance between main characters off the show........

Regarding 200

Spoiler:
                The wedding scene was actually pretty well done I think, I was expecting much worse. Jack and Daniel at the altar, that was great.
                They called each other Carter and Sir, there was no pronouncement of marriage, no kiss, thank god, not even holding hands - we now know that RDA & MS did that bit........And also Jack looks very uncomfortable when Sam looks at him after the wedding scene - he does it so well....
                Shippy, I don't think so.....Just shows again there is no chemistry between these two.

Anyway now that the show is being cancelled, which is sad but I suppose is no suprise, ship does not need "resolving" NO, NO a thousand times NO....
                We don't know yet if there will be a mini series/movie/some characters going to Atlantis, but as far as Season 10 goes, lets have a good team ending, no shipping between anyone....

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Heehee... I love that banner, rebelwriter My thoughts exactly (well...you knew that already, lol)!

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64
                    Can I eighth that statement? Fanfic is brilliant, I only got into reading it recently and am amazed at how much is out there, as a J/D fan I've found some great stuff and some not so great stuff.....Leave romance between main characters off the show........

Regarding 200

Spoiler:
                    The wedding scene was actually pretty well done I think, I was expecting much worse. Jack and Daniel at the altar, that was great.
                    They called each other Carter and Sir, there was no pronouncement of marriage, no kiss, thank god, not even holding hands - we now know that RDA & MS did that bit........And also Jack looks very uncomfortable when Sam looks at him after the wedding scene - he does it so well....
                    Shippy, I don't think so.....Just shows again there is no chemistry between these two.

Anyway now that the show is being cancelled, which is sad but I suppose is no suprise, ship does not need "resolving" NO, NO a thousand times NO....
                    We don't know yet if there will be a mini series/movie/some characters going to Atlantis, but as far as Season 10 goes, lets have a good team ending, no shipping between anyone....
                    I totally agree with what you said about the wedding scene. I didn't see it as shippy at all...and there was a definite lack of chemistry.

And yeah, I really hope they do have a good team ending to wrap up Season 10. The shipping would really spoil it for me, so some nice team moments would be great. I have some worries that they could go Daniel/Vala after reading what future episodes will have - but hopefully I'm worrying for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                      Heehee... I love that banner, rebelwriter My thoughts exactly (well...you knew that already, lol)!
                      thanks! Yes and it can never hurt to say it again... and again...
                      Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

http://www.petitiononline.com/850402oa/petition.html

Behold, it's the petition to prevent Jack & Sam from getting together!

Note that this is not a petition against Jack/Sam altogether. It's against such a ship being made official on screen, as the other petition wishes.

In response to:
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35179

(Again, no offense)

Feel free to discuss why you do not like this ship and do not wish to see it become canon in this thread. Also, feel free to sign it!
                        Last edited by FallenAngelII; 13 September 2006, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Howdy!

Under certain circumstances, I can see Jack and Sam getting together, though I prefer it doesn't happen. Good luck to both sides with your petitions.

Comment

There you go, signed for you. But online petitions carry very little weight, I'm afraid.
                            Still, glad to be of service.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

It's just a petition to counteract "that other" petition just for the heck of it. I doubt either will make any kind of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                                http://www.petitiononline.com/850402oa/petition.html

Behold, it's the petition to prevent Jack & Sam from getting together!

In response to:
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35179

(Again, no offense)

Feel free to discuss why you do not like this ship and do not wish to see it become canon in this thread. Also, feel free to sign it!
                                Please don't email-me this

(I've received an email on this just 2 hours ago!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X