Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    ...Champion the Wonderdrip? Methinks I'll just slide on past that and go back to hating S/J ship.
    Champion the Wonderdrip, aka Sam in love; sans spine, sans grip, sans everything.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I liked "A red herring is a distraction". Nice bit of totally-missing-the-point pedantry, very cute, very Daniel.

Madeleine

Comment

Red herring... hey! That's like Clue the Movie!
        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          I liked "A red herring is a distraction". Nice bit of totally-missing-the-point pedantry, very cute, very Daniel.
          Ah, Daniel just writes himself. Every time I start a fan fic and he's in it, he gets his own ideas and rushes off somewhere, and I'm like, "Where are you going? Aren't you in my head?" Drives entire plots into unknown territory. It's a lot of fun, actually!

Major Clanger, I've always thought Jack and Daniel act exactly like a couple going through their first seven years of marriage.

Mr. Prophet, that's a good suggestion. Unfortunately, she's been to the Jack's house and knows how he lives and is STILL interested. She may need a lobotomy to get over it.
          The Hathor Legacy: What TV and Film are Really Saying about Women.

My Stargate Fanfiction

Comment

All I can say is that if your ship's called the Jack Daniel then EVERYTHING a sweet, whiskey coloured river in Egypt.

I'm okay with the subtle hints, I was okay the not so subtle hints. What I don't like is the hints that say 'Sam will leave the military and her career to become barefoot and pregnant, which we all know Jack wouldn't like anyway'

Am I too fussy?

Comment

Originally posted by Beta Candy
              Ah, Daniel just writes himself. Every time I start a fan fic and he's in it, he gets his own ideas and rushes off somewhere, and I'm like, "Where are you going? Aren't you in my head?" Drives entire plots into unknown territory. It's a lot of fun, actually!
              Doesn't that happen with everyone though? I have fanfics that have tripled in length because peasant #3 decided that his one line of plot exposition wasn't enough and he'd have a name and a love interest and he'd hook up with SG-5 and drag them through a whole new subplot while SG-1 were off doing their thing.

Major Clanger, I've always thought Jack and Daniel act exactly like a couple going through their first seven years of marriage.

Mr. Prophet, that's a good suggestion. Unfortunately, she's been to the Jack's house and knows how he lives and is STILL interested. She may need a lobotomy to get over it.
              I agree about Jack and Daniel, except that to me they seem like friends who act like they're married, rather than the married themselves.

I see the last point as the only nebulous proof there is that Sam is broody and wants a child, since clearly she doesn't want an equal partner in marriage, she wants an unruly child to bring up!

Comment

personally, I think that Sam and Jack should go sleep with each other, realise it's not worth it, get kicked out of the air force and voila! no more ship being rammed down our throats.
                "It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it," said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse."

Comment

Even though I REALLY don't want to have to see that happen, it would be the quickest solution. This thing they imagine they'd have... that illusion would be shattered in hours.

My Stargate Fanfiction

Comment

They had a shot at that in Grace.
                    Spoiler:
                    She could have kissed phantom Jack and gone 'yech', but no.

Comment

Just checking in here to say... sorry, I watched The Light. I saw Ship.

Technically I'm not a shipper, but I'm guessing that means that I'm no longer an anti-shipper.

It's been nice knowing all y'all!
                      :-)
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger

Technically I'm not a shipper, but I'm guessing that means that I'm no longer an anti-shipper.

Just because, once or twice, they may have actually managed to write a scene that sparks the way they wanted it to, doesn't mean you can't be against the ship in principle.

Ship can't just pop once; it has to keep going. If the ship can not be sustained - if it can not be there and working, in the majority of shared scenes, without interfering with the plot - then it remains a bad idea, even if it works every now and again.

Comment

huh? how does that make you not an anti-shipper? We all see some ship somewhere... that's why we're against it.

There are a LOT of scenes that could be read either as Sam and Jack longing for something they can't have, or taking comfort in the affection the bond they do have.

Lots of room for interpretation. I guess I figured anti-shipper means we don't want these characters officially getting together on the show. Some go a few steps further to "I can't stand the hints" and others go all the way to "nuke them both, NOW!" LOL.

EDIT: Cross-posted with Mr. Prophet. There are some early eps where there is a sort of sexual tension between them that I thought was cute - the locker room scene in Broca Divide, Jack trying to catch a peek in Into the Fire... at first, they were sticking to these two characters having some attraction to each other, but no thought that it could be more important than their jobs, and therefore nothing to be uncomfortable about.

Then it got uncomfortable, which to me was childish.
                          Last edited by Beta Candy; 07 November 2004, 11:30 AM.

My Stargate Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                            Just because, once or twice, they may have actually managed to write a scene that sparks the way they wanted it to, doesn't mean you can't be against the ship in principle.

Ship can't just pop once; it has to keep going. If the ship can not be sustained - if it can not be there and working, in the majority of shared scenes, without interfering with the plot - then it remains a bad idea, even if it works every now and again.
                            THANK YOU!

So even though I see it, and actually acknowledge it (and actually thought it ok and relevant and quite fluffily nice) I can still rail against it.

I hope none of those shippers are lurking here, they might stop making me margaritas and cookies!!
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

THANK YOU!

So even though I see it, and actually acknowledge it (and actually thought it ok and relevant and quite fluffily nice) I can still rail against it.

I hope none of those shippers are lurking here, they might stop making me margaritas and cookies!!
                              Remember, I see slash people; walking around like regular people. That doesn't make me a slasher.

Comment

I edited my above post, but we're all posting at once, LOL!

Here's what I added:

There are some early eps where there is a sort of sexual tension between them that I thought was cute - the locker room scene in Broca Divide, Jack trying to catch a peek in Into the Fire... at first, they were sticking to these two characters having some attraction to each other, but no thought that it could be more important than their jobs, and therefore nothing to be uncomfortable about.

Then it got uncomfortable, which to me was childish.
                                I just have trouble imagining Jack and Sam as anything but sharing this deep bond the whole team shares, plus an attraction that's not unlike they both feel toward any number of attractive people they meet. And when you watch them both getting involved with other people in D&C (among others), it seems like this is what TPTB are going for. Then you have these big stupid scenes between them that you just want to throw a shoe through.

My Stargate Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                                X